Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. (646 Views)

How Often Should Couples Have Sex? / I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! / Matters Of The Heart: My Wife Is An Abuser, I’m Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by greenermodels: 4:19am On Mar 12, 2023
The couple met in their workplace and later got married, they earn roughly the same amount of salary, should they contribute an equal amount of money monthly for the family upkeep?
Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by Nobody: 5:21am On Mar 12, 2023
NO
Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by greenermodels: 6:45am On Mar 12, 2023
Esoresor:
NO
Why? Explain the reason for your answer.
Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by eyinjuege: 6:58am On Mar 12, 2023
Nothing is ever equal.
-Unless they both have a rota for chores at home equally
-Unless they both alternate cooking
-Unless they factor in pregnancy and incapacitation- when she is pregnant (a common goal) and can't work for this reason or make enough money for this reason
-Unless they both have a rota for child care, so both can dedicate equal time for career progression, with one person not having an advantage over the other.
Of course, a lot of the things above can be outsourced, but that means spending more money 💰

4 Likes

Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by JASONjnr(m): 7:20am On Mar 12, 2023
Why should any man allow his wife to contribute equally in the affairs of his house he lord's over?

Except he's a hard working man and things aren't setting in for him and the house needs fundings and the wife is capable.... But if he's capable, he should set his house in a good light ...

I will never allow my wife to contribute equally....

She can use her money to do what she wants.... But I will almost handle the biggest bills...
Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 12, 2023
greenermodels:
Why? Explain the reason for your answer.
A man is the provider and as such he’s expected to spend more financially on the family. Ordinarily women ain’t supposed to be involved in providing financial support but hard times have changed that, this does not mean that women should be major providers.
Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by Mindlog: 8:04am On Mar 12, 2023
Couples should adopt what works best for their marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by GboyegaD(m): 8:04am On Mar 12, 2023
There's no theory to this however, couples should discuss this before going into marriage. Many men die young because they are trying to impress.
Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by greenermodels: 9:03am On Mar 12, 2023
JASONjnr:
Why should any man allow his wife to contribute equally in the affairs of his house he lord's over?

Except he's a hard working man and things aren't setting in for him and the house needs fundings and the wife is capable.... But if he's capable, he should set his house in a good light ...

She can use her money to do what she wants.... But I will almost handle the biggest bills...

So if both of you earn 50k as teachers, you would provide entirely from your earnings and she keeps her because you want to impress her as a man? Please, what's the biblical role of a woman in a marriage? Is it to be a mere consumer using her money to do what she wants?

Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character

10 b A wife of noble character who can find?

She is worth far more than rubies.

11Her husband has full confidence in her

and lacks nothing of value.

12She brings him good, not harm,

all the days of her life.

13She selects wool and flax

and works with eager hands.

14She is like the merchant ships,

bringing her food from afar.

15She gets up while it is still night;

she provides food for her family

and portions for her female servants.

16She considers a field and buys it;

out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

17She sets about her work vigorously;

her arms are strong for her tasks.

18She sees that her trading is profitable,

and her lamp does not go out at night.

19In her hand she holds the distaff

and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

20She opens her arms to the poor

and extends her hands to the needy.

21When it snows, she has no fear for her household;

for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

22She makes coverings for her bed;

she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

23Her husband is respected at the city gate,

where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

24She makes linen garments and sells them,

and supplies the merchants with sashes.

25She is clothed with strength and dignity;

she can laugh at the days to come.

26She speaks with wisdom,

and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27She watches over the affairs of her household

and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28Her children arise and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:

29“Many women do noble things,

but you surpass them all.”

30Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

31Honor her for all that her hands have done,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Proverbs 31vs 10-31

Commonsense dictates that a woman that doesn't fulfill the above description is not a worthy life partner, she's more like an employee to be hired and sacked as the need arises.

1 Like

Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by maureensylvia(f): 10:27am On Mar 12, 2023
The poster above me…
Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by frozen70(f): 10:58am On Mar 12, 2023
greenermodels:
The couple met in their workplace and later got married, they earn roughly the same amount of salary, should they contribute an equal amount of money monthly for the family upkeep?

They are not into any competition
The man should know his role and his capacity

The woman knows that she is a supporter
But if it happens that they share it equally or she brings more

Dont ask me why her husband respects her and pay more attention to her

1 Like

Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:03am On Mar 12, 2023
maureensylvia:
The poster above me…

As in ehn!

I read am dey shake my head.

I believe couples should do what works best for them.
Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by faithfull18(f): 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2023
The man is the head of the house 😉
Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by ItisWell22(f): 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie is coming to ask you why. undecided

JASONjnr:

Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Mar 12, 2023
ItisWell22:
Kobojunkie is coming to ask you why. undecided
You missed the pertinent information in his post(in bold) undecided
JASONjnr:
Why should any man allow his wife to contribute equally in the affairs of his house he lord's over? Except he's a hard working man and things aren't setting in for him and the house needs fundings and the wife is capable.... But if he's capable, he should set his house in a good light ... I will never allow my wife to contribute equally...She can use her money to do what she wants.... But I will almost handle the biggest bills...

1 Like

Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Mar 12, 2023
greenermodels:
Depends on the kind of marriage they wish to have. If the man wishes to sit as god over the woman in marriage, then she probably shouldn't contribute even a dime of her money since her submission and body are pretty much all that culture requires of her. However, if a partnership is what they seek to have, then the man foregoes his ego for an equal partnership or something resembling it instead. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Mar 12, 2023
greenermodels:
Commonsense dictates that a woman that doesn't fulfill the above description is not a worthy life partner, she's more like an employee to be hired and sacked as the need arises.
There is nothing commonsensical about the proverb 31 instructions given by a mother whose husband had 700 wives and 300 concubines in total, to her son Lemuel. That was advice from a mother who did not want her daughter-in-law to be happy at all. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by Oyindamolah: 6:23pm On Mar 12, 2023
undecided

Whether or not couples combine their money, specifically liquid wealth, may help determine whether their relationship will last most especially in Africa
Couples who communicate openly about money tend to feel that they’re on the same team. “Feeling like you’re on a team together with your partner promotes relationship satisfaction,” one expert said.
There are ways all couples can increase their chances of success.

When it comes to money, couples face a big question: Combine finances, keep them separate or do a combination of both? Now, research finds that those who do pool their money are more likely to stay together.

1 Like

Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by boldsleek: 7:04pm On Mar 12, 2023
greenermodels:

So if both of you earn 50k as teachers, you would provide entirely from your earnings and she keeps her because you want to impress her as a man? Please, what's the biblical role of a woman in a marriage? Is it to be a mere consumer using her money to do what she wants?

Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character

10 b A wife of noble character who can find?

She is worth far more than rubies.

11Her husband has full confidence in her

and lacks nothing of value.

12She brings him good, not harm,

all the days of her life.

13She selects wool and flax

and works with eager hands.

14She is like the merchant ships,

bringing her food from afar.

15She gets up while it is still night;

she provides food for her family

and portions for her female servants.

16She considers a field and buys it;

out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

17She sets about her work vigorously;

her arms are strong for her tasks.

18She sees that her trading is profitable,

and her lamp does not go out at night.

19In her hand she holds the distaff

and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

20She opens her arms to the poor

and extends her hands to the needy.

21When it snows, she has no fear for her household;

for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

22She makes coverings for her bed;

she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

23Her husband is respected at the city gate,

where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

24She makes linen garments and sells them,

and supplies the merchants with sashes.

25She is clothed with strength and dignity;

she can laugh at the days to come.

26She speaks with wisdom,

and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27She watches over the affairs of her household

and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28Her children arise and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:

29“Many women do noble things,

but you surpass them all.”

30Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

31Honor her for all that her hands have done,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Proverbs 31vs 10-31

You were fast to quote Bible, and, why do you think everyone is a Christian?

so, how do you convince a Muslim, hindu, or even Athiest that she should contribute equally finance with her husband?

Convince us that don't believe in Bible why we should contribute equally with our husband.
Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by boldsleek: 7:07pm On Mar 12, 2023
Well, for me, whatever works for the couple.
Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by greenermodels: 7:36pm On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Depends on the kind of marriage they wish to have. If the man wishes to sit as god over the woman in marriage, then she probably shouldn't contribute even a dime of her money since her submission and body are pretty much all that culture requires of her. However, if a partnership is what they seek to have, then the man foregoes his ego for an equal partnership or something resembling it instead. undecided
Haba,god over a woman in this modern times too? Can you endure such an arrangement even if the man is Dangote?
Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Mar 12, 2023
greenermodels:
Haba,god over a woman in this modern times too? Can you endure such an arrangement even if the man is Dangote?
That is what submission in marriage is all about and it remains the most culturally accept type of union in the country to date. undecided
Re: Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. by Davoodee: 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2023

(1) (Reply)

Why % Of My Salary Should Go For Rent? / QASA 5KVA Wall Mounted Automatic Voltage Regulator And Stabilizer / I Need A Good Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.