Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Wonderful God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wonderful God. (153 Views)

Wonderful God II / Wonderful God I / Wonderful And Awesome Names Of God You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wonderful God. by AbundantLife05: 6:24am On Mar 12, 2023
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
WONDERFUL GOD. Matthew 7:24-29
“Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. [25]Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. [26]But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. [27]When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.” [28]When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, [29]for he taught with real authority—quite unlike their teachers of religious law. NLT.

The word wonderful can be broken into two, wonder and full. It means full of wonder. Wonder on its own means something strange that causes the people looking at it to marvel. It can also stand for amazement. Irrespective of how you view it, wonder has to do with what we see. What then does it mean when we say the wonderful God? It means that the appearance of our God to people is something that makes them marvel and full of amazement. Therefore, we can boldly say that the signature of God is leaving people amazed of his workings.

One of the ways God appeared in the old testament to amaze the world would be with the pillar of cloud and fire he used to guide the children of Israel when they left Egypt. Exodus 13:21-22: The lord went ahead of them. He guided them during the day with a pillar of cloud, and he provided light at night with a pillar of fire. This allowed them to travel by day or by night. [22]And the lord did not remove the pillar of cloud or pillar of fire from its place in front of the people. NLT. This event is a wonder that proved the presence of God with the children of Israel.

Another event in the old testament that proved the wonder of God is the case of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in Babylon. These men refused to bow down to the gold statue of the king and upon being thrown into the fiery furnace, instead of being totally consumed by the fire, they were not hurt and they were joined by Jesus who revealed his wonder to king Nebuchadnezzar. Daniel 3:19-26: Nebuchadnezzar was so furious with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego that his face became distorted with rage. He commanded that the furnace be heated seven times hotter than usual. [20]Then he ordered some of the strongest men of his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and throw them into the blazing furnace. [21]So they tied them up and threw them into the furnace, fully dressed in their pants, turbans, robes, and other garments. [22]And because the king, in his anger, had demanded such a hot fire in the furnace, the flames killed the soldiers as they threw the three men in. [23]So Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, securely tied, fell into the roaring flames. [24]But suddenly, Nebuchadnezzar jumped up in amazement and exclaimed to his advisers, “Didn’t we tie up three men and throw them into the furnace? ”Yes, Your Majesty, we certainly did,” they replied. [25]“Look!” Nebuchadnezzar shouted. “I see four men, unbound, walking around in the fire unharmed! And the fourth looks like a god!” [26]Then Nebuchadnezzar came as close as he could to the door of the flaming furnace and shouted: “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, servants of the Most High God, come out! Come here!”So Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego stepped out of the fire. NLT. The event in babylon made the king confess the God of the three Hebrew men as the most high.

Let us look at two cases of the wonder of God in the new testament. Something that Jesus displayed in his ministry about the wonder of God is authority. Spiritual authority is wonder about God that is designed to reveal God to us. Jesus displayed authority in deliverance, healing, miracles and teaching during his earthly ministry. Matthew 7:28-29: When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, [29]for he taught with real authority—quite unlike their teachers of religious law. NLT.

In addition, Jesus displayed the wonder of God by stilling the storm in Mark 4:35-41: As evening came, Jesus said to his disciples, “Let’s cross to the other side of the lake.” [36]So they took Jesus in the boat and started out, leaving the crowds behind (although other boats followed). [37]But soon a fierce storm came up. High waves were breaking into the boat, and it began to fill with water. [38]Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, “Teacher, don’t you care that we’re going to drown?” [39]When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Silence! Be still!” Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. [40]Then he asked them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” [41]The disciples were absolutely terrified. “Who is this man?” they asked each other. “Even the wind and waves obey him!” NLT.

Finally, it is my prayer that our lives will be filled with the wonders of God in Jesus name. For this to be so, the first step is to give your life to him if you have not by praying this prayer wholeheartedly; Dear Jesus, I believe that you died for my sins and you resurrected on the third day by the power of God, please forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life and I will serve you forever. Amen. If you have recited the prayer, I congratulate you and I urge you to join a bible believing church as you begin your journey in Christ.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is She Praying For Saints In Heaven? / Your Ego: Moving The Big Mountain and Removing The Cause Of Your Misfortunes. / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Monday, April 3rd,2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.