Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,868 members, 7,813,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts (2671 Views)

What Is Wrong With Nigeria Banking Platforms ? / Fintechs Fidget As Google Launches New Pay App / Google Celebrates Independence With Nigeria (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts by ExplorerReturns(m): 7:05am On Mar 12, 2023
Recently he decided that we move outside the freelance platform because we needed close communication as the project had the prospective of turning to a full time role and he discovered the platform took 20% of whatever he paid me.

So on the 24th of February 2023, he made a payment to my USD ACH geegpay account but I did not receive the money. After sometime I contacted geegpay support and provided a screenshot of the transaction but they claimed that the money did not get to them. I told my client about my experience and told him to cross check with his bank about the transaction and he claimed that his bank sent it.

So I lost confidence on geegpay and moved to grey.co and got a foreign usd account that can support local and international WIRE transfers.
My client made a wire transfer to me with the account that was given to me by grey on the 6th of this month and I still didn't receive the money. I complained to grey and I was told stories. So grey told to an evidence of the transaction and requested same from my client and I provided the evidence to grey but I still have not heard from them.
The people I am working with are not happy about the fact that I claim not to be receiving the money they sent to me. It screams "dishonesty" on my part and they have lost confidence in me and have vowed to only pay me through the freelancing platform which will continue to cut 20% of my money.

So yesterday I found out that the bank which grey gave me their USD account number, specifically silvergate bank from have collapsed.

I don't know if this is why I didn't get the money.

So guys have any of you received money on your usd account from grey or geegpay outside freelancing platforms?
Has anyone here had my type of experience?

I wanted to go get a domiciliary account which is almost same as the virtual accounts issued by grey but with my recent experience I think that US banks are having issues approving transactions to to Nigerian accounts.
Re: My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts by Pierocash(m): 7:24am On Mar 12, 2023
I have geepay account but have never used it. But as for grey,they are reliable. I have been using grey GPB account for over a year now and has never failed me,infact most transactions sent to my grey GBP account is instant ,at most 24hrs.

Mind you ,to send money to those accounts is not direct deposit,direct deposit won't go through. It is either ACH ,or Routing transfer depending on the method of the sender. I linked my Grey dollar account to my PayPal,and Payoneer ,and each of them make use of different sending methods.

I linked the Ach method to my PayPal while my Payoneer is wire routing.

Always inquire from grey support which payment method the sender should use before giving them your account details.

In addition,open a wise account ,which is very much ok too to add to your grey account.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts by JASONjnr(m): 7:27am On Mar 12, 2023
Our financial system in Nigeria is very incompetent and can't meet foreign standards ...

We might not be able to go cashless because of this challenges...
Re: My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts by ExplorerReturns(m): 9:14am On Mar 12, 2023
Pierocash:
I have geepay account but have never used it. But as for grey,they are reliable. I have been using grey GPB account for over a year now and has never failed me,infact most transactions sent to my grey GBP account is instant ,at most 24hrs.

Mind you ,to send money to those accounts is not direct deposit,direct deposit won't go through. It is either ACH ,or Routing transfer depending on the method of the sender. I linked my Grey dollar account to my PayPal,and Payoneer ,and each of them make use of different sending methods.

I linked the Ach method to my PayPal while my Payoneer is wire routing.

Always inquire from grey support which payment method the sender should use before giving them your account details.

In addition,open a wise account ,which is very much ok too to add to your grey account.
I made sure my client used the correct sending methods. I already read about them before giving out the accounts. Grey GBP accounts don't have problems. The issue is USD, receiving money from USA has always been the problem.
Re: My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts by Pierocash(m): 12:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
ExplorerReturns:

I made sure my client used the correct sending methods. I already read about them before giving out the accounts. Grey GBP accounts don't have problems. The issue is USD, receiving money from USA has always been the problem.
but I have withdrawn from my PayPal to my grey USD multiple times and it delivered.
Re: My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts by ExplorerReturns(m): 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2023
Pierocash:
but I have withdrawn from my PayPal to my grey USD multiple times and it delivered.
I never said grey usd doesn't work. I am simply narrating my current experience with them. Btw how did you receive money into your Nigerian PayPal?
Re: My Experience With Nigeria Fintechs USD Accounts by Pierocash(m): 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2023
ExplorerReturns:

I never said grey usd doesn't work. I am simply narrating my current experience with them. Btw how did you receive money into your Nigerian PayPal?
I didn't receive into my Nigeria PayPal, I received with my UAE PayPal then withdrew to my grey USD

(1) (Reply)

Smoking, Drinking, or Womanizing? / Where To Buy Mattress In Mushin / What Could Be Leaking In Your House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.