Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Why Don't Famous Igbo Artistes Help The Upcoming Ones? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Don't Famous Igbo Artistes Help The Upcoming Ones? (316 Views)

The ''upcoming'' Cross Dresser Bobrisky Says Wants To Take His Crown? (photos) / Wizkid Slams His Baby Mamas: "God pls save me from the money hungry ones" / Williams Uchemba To Help The Plantain Hawker Sleeping By The Roadside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Famous Igbo Artistes Help The Upcoming Ones? by Rapmoney(m): 2:37pm On Mar 12, 2023
There is something I noticed about famous or celebrity artistes/musicians from the eastern part of Nigeria; they hardly help the upcoming ones to see the light. Popular entertainers like Phyno, Larry Gaga, Flavour, etc seem not to be interested in assisting the upcoming acts despite the fact that people took them to where they are today.

There are so many Igbo rappers and singers that are so good but no helping hands to uplift them. I see great talents in upcoming rappers like Blessnnachi, IgboboiSpace, Hugo P, Chucky P, Khenzy, etc.

According to Tidinz (2022) of blessed memory: 'There are a lot of Asakes in SouthEast but no Olamide to help them'. That's a very deep expression that calls for sober reflection. I am very sure Phyno was at Enugu Shoprite when local Enugu singer, Ezege won Life Beer ambassadorial award for performing the song 'Life is Important'. It's been long and I have not seen anything done by Phyno to assist the young man.

What exactly is the problem? Is it this 'pull-him-down syndrome' or there is more to it? The average Igbo man that is lucky to make a headway finds it difficult to assist others to climb. The focus is to acquire more while others see you as god or messiah that they can collect crumbs from.

According to Rick Ross, success is measured by how many people you bless.

If you no help anybody to the top today while you are up there, tomorrow might have you seeing tables turning.

Famous Igbo artistes, abeg make una dey help the upcoming artistes for SouthEast. There is no award for selfishness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Famous Igbo Artistes Help The Upcoming Ones? by Moh247: 2:40pm On Mar 12, 2023
Go and read about what MayD went through in the hands of Psquare, or what Jude did to Cynthia Morgan

Harrysong also had to scream out when Emoney and 5star were showing him hell

6 Likes

Re: Why Don't Famous Igbo Artistes Help The Upcoming Ones? by Rapmoney(m): 2:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
Moh247:
Go and read about what MayD went through in the hands of Psquare, or what Jude did to Cynthia Morgan

It is terrible.
Re: Why Don't Famous Igbo Artistes Help The Upcoming Ones? by Rapmoney(m): 2:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
Pls Seun, Mynd44, Nlfpmod let's discuss this issue affecting entertainment in the South-East.
Re: Why Don't Famous Igbo Artistes Help The Upcoming Ones? by LikeAking: 2:59pm On Mar 12, 2023
Abeg remove Larry Gaga from that list..

Op, na so life be..

This Naija music favor Yoruba people...

(1) (Reply)

Soso Soberekon, Reveals The Reason Why Some Men Are Locked Up In Bottles / Tunde Ednut Lifestyle, Biography And Networth / Davido’s DMW 2.0: New Artists Morravey And Logos Olori Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.