Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Lost 4 Puppies To Parvo - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Lost 4 Puppies To Parvo (509 Views)

Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know / I Need 4 Puppies Of Hausa Dog Breed / Evans Boma - Training Ur Puppies To Stop Nipping And Biting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost 4 Puppies To Parvo by shaiguy(m): 8:09pm On Mar 13, 2023
I recently lost 4 puppies to Parvo.
All fully vaccinated o.
2 siberian Huskies fron Russia
2 Lhasa Aposos.
3 of my dogs survived it - Husky, Bull Mastiff and my Rottweiler that started the whole Parvo wahala.

Its been about a month now and I have built new kennels ready to bring in 3 new puppies next month. I want 7-10 in total.

My question
The 3 parvo survivors are ok now and eating normally but they are still lean. What do I do to fatten them up in a healthy way. The Rott and Mastiff are bout 4 months while the husky is 6 months. What is a recommended meal for dogs or shots that could help them gain mass back?

Considering i have had a massive Parvo out break in recent times, how do I ensure or protect the new puppies I bring in from getting Parvo as well? Two bull mastiffs and 1 more husky.
Re: Lost 4 Puppies To Parvo by Sunnyhillsfarms: 8:20pm On Mar 13, 2023
I'd advise you hold on on bringing in new puppies and let this whole pervo cycle Finnish..
Feed your dog's with royal canin.

1 Like

Re: Lost 4 Puppies To Parvo by sleek214(m): 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2023
I lost my Caucasian shepherd to same disease too. I believe the vaccine failed. The only remedy to that disease is to get a good/ strong vaccine.
Re: Lost 4 Puppies To Parvo by Nancy311: 9:18pm On Mar 13, 2023
Sorry about that, please take heart cry cry

1 Like

Re: Lost 4 Puppies To Parvo by Sunnyhillsfarms: 7:45am On Mar 14, 2023
sleek214:
I lost my Caucasian shepherd to same disease too. I believe the vaccine failed. The only remedy to that disease is to get a good/ strong vaccine.
OR maybe not from the look of things seems parvovirus is prevalent in your area..
So you need to be tight on vaccination, use a registered vet or not a quack, then you need to also be strong on bio-security..
Don't introduce new dogs to old dogs immediately,
Do a personal quarantine.
Re: Lost 4 Puppies To Parvo by kolokolobi(m): 8:35am On Mar 14, 2023
shaiguy:
I recently lost 4 puppies to Parvo.
All fully vaccinated o.
2 siberian Huskies fron Russia
2 Lhasa Aposos.
3 of my dogs survived it - Husky, Bull Mastiff and my Rottweiler that started the whole Parvo wahala.

Its been about a month now and I have built new kennels ready to bring in 3 new puppies next month. I want 7-10 in total.

My question
The 3 parvo survivors are ok now and eating normally but they are still lean. What do I do to fatten them up in a healthy way. The Rott and Mastiff are bout 4 months while the husky is 6 months. What is a recommended meal for dogs or shots that could help them gain mass back?

Considering i have had a massive Parvo out break in recent times, how do I ensure or protect the new puppies I bring in from getting Parvo as well? Two bull mastiffs and 1 more husky.

Sorry for loss.

On what to do for survivors to gain back growing trend. They will come around but slowly. Don't rush them. Just give them quality food. Not overfeed. I have had survivors who grew to potential but you need to be patient with them. That disease just reeks havoc to their intestines and recovery is certain once they've crossed the critical stage and survived.

I will also advise you to hold back on bringing in new dogs at the moment. Maybe for 6 months. In the mean time you need to continue the daily wash with hypo mix. The virus can stay in the environment waiting to strike again for upto 6 months.

Then guard who comes in contact with your dogs. If possible discourage any unnecessary contact with people or dogs that you do not know where they are coming from. If they must get to your dogs have them wear a protective nylon over their shoes before they step into your kennel or ensure footwear are wiped on a hypo mix towel or foot mat and hands washed thoroughly with hypo mix. Lastly always quarantine new dogs joining your pack for at least 10...14 days so that if they are incubating anything they are restricted to only the new additions rather than exposure to whole kennel.

You will get through this and you will rise again.

Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

German Shepherd Siberian Husky Mix: The Gerberian Shepsky / Need A Female Samoyar / Sell Pets From Your Own Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.