Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,175 members, 7,853,011 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:02 AM

Understanding The Life Of A Queer By Temiviews - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Understanding The Life Of A Queer By Temiviews (210 Views)

My Wife: Why Is The Life of Women So Complicated? / Cancer Is Endangering The Life Of My Mother. Help!!! / The Life And Times Of Late Mystery Man Kolawole Olawuyi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Life Of A Queer By Temiviews by Naudeyrushme(m): 11:24pm On Mar 13, 2023
This is a controversial and highly contested topic in our society but this doesn't stop me from stating my own view. When I was younger, I was with the mindset that "queers became the way that are and not that is who they really are", if the society can change this mindset then we can begin to have a world where they can be accepted as equals.
Imagine if the tables turn and we are in a world where you will be judged for being straight, where the majority of the populance are queers and you will be castigated, abused and violated for being straight.
My best friend abhores the ambition of travelling abroad like most youths presently in the country. I guess a rude awakening awaits him when he eventually get there because of his deep hatred for queers, they are way passed the stage of stigmatization against queers and they are even trying to "force" this believe and norm on us because they want their gay citizens to feel safe wherever they are in the world. Are they wrong or should we be the ones to change our mindset and accept them for who they are?
I had an experience with a gay guy once which change my mentality about them. He managed to get my number from a church meeting attendance and called me up. I indulged him then because I wanted to get closer to his niece who I had a crush on. I understood the world he lives when I asked him that "Don't you get enticed by the succulent looking bress and nice arse a woman has?" His response was "am I not enticed by the chest and arse of a man?" I was shocked there was barely nothing in my arse, like I literally have the flatest arse in the world. Then I truly felt that's who they are. All he said is I can't understand.
Well we don't need to understand, we shouldn't ask too many questions either because no one questions us for being straight, we should just let them be and treat them as equals.
We will be shocked if we actually know the statistics of married men and women with kids who are actually gays but they are afraid to be who they really are because of the society.

This is my view. Don't take it too personal..

TemiViews

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reunited With Hubby | Saying Goodbye | Sister-in-law Visited | Friend Overjoyed! / Never Says There Nothing Like Spiritual Anymore / Any Age Can Be Taught To READ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.