Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Unilorin Admits A Jamb Candidate Below Cutoff Mark - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Admits A Jamb Candidate Below Cutoff Mark (6807 Views)

JAMB Cutoff Mark Is Out: See 10 Most Sought After Universities / How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official / Re: Eksu (unad & Usti) Cutoff Mark And Admission News! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilorin Admits A Jamb Candidate Below Cutoff Mark by DOWHILE: 10:23am On Sep 16, 2011
Dont think it's a lie i have my facts with me. I dont know what these Nigerian Universities are turning to. How can a candidate dat did not even meet up to 50% of the said cutoff mark be admitted when candidates with higher scores like 50%,60% and even 70% and above are yet to be admitted. This a total injustice.
Re: Unilorin Admits A Jamb Candidate Below Cutoff Mark by ednut1(m): 12:58pm On Sep 16, 2011
She could be a remedial stdnt too, nd d admision is provisional
Re: Unilorin Admits A Jamb Candidate Below Cutoff Mark by Emmyk(m): 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2011
ednut1:

She could be a remedial stdnt too, nd d admision is provisional
@bolded. The Art of Assumption. Lol
Re: Unilorin Admits A Jamb Candidate Below Cutoff Mark by ednut1(m): 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2011
Nt assumption, hr jamb num was disclored on nairaland, am sure d op too saw it
Re: Unilorin Admits A Jamb Candidate Below Cutoff Mark by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2011
guy na lai the person must be a remedial student. even oloyede son sef no fit get dat kin admission, if e sure 4 u go ahead and prove it by posting the jamb reg num
Re: Unilorin Admits A Jamb Candidate Below Cutoff Mark by ednut1(m): 9:33am On Sep 17, 2011
D gals numba ws displayed in anoda post, 15783753gh. Bt am sure she go be rems
Re: Unilorin Admits A Jamb Candidate Below Cutoff Mark by obindieze: 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2011
rems or jamb d truth is dat unilorin admission na 4ck up dis year, d normal procedure is MERIT first , hw do u xplain an instance where 88p/jamb can't b in d 1st list abi dey admit low scoring candidate over d high 1x?? they need 2 b more realistic in their admission proccess n i think d registrar owe some xplanatn
Re: Unilorin Admits A Jamb Candidate Below Cutoff Mark by chukaz07: 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2011
You cn't use the screenin to judge people's performance, Like the one of kwarapoly, all their CBT qtns were nt the same, So are lucky enough to have cheap qtns while some get difficult ones, So you shldn't use that to judge coz sum1 wit cheap qtns will definately score more than 50, 60, 70% while those wit difficult qtns wil b strugglin wit 40, 45% .so d admisn shld be base on d qtns applicant answered not scores
Re: Unilorin Admits A Jamb Candidate Below Cutoff Mark by yoged(m): 10:09pm On Sep 20, 2011
DO_WHILE:

Dont think it's a lie i have my facts with me. I dont know what these Nigerian Universities are turning to. How can a candidate dat did not even meet up to 50% of the said cutoff mark be admitted when candidates with higher scores like 50%,60% and even 70% and above are yet to be admitted. This a total injustice.
Yes its possible,it happens last Section but kindly tell him/her not to be overjoyous. Coz during the Screening/submission of ur document,biodatas. u'll tender ur post jamb result which the wicked women at the screening centre would cross check with dia's.datz wia d yawa go dey. I witness some being sent packing last section. But anyfin is possible sha ooo. Na human dey dia
Re: Unilorin Admits A Jamb Candidate Below Cutoff Mark by orlahbaba(m): 12:44am On Sep 21, 2011
It's propably a mistake from unilorin cos the girl was not given admission by jamb cos i checked her status on jamb site but said no admission given yet.
Re: Unilorin Admits A Jamb Candidate Below Cutoff Mark by DOWHILE1: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2011
First of all, to the keeper of dis forum( is it Odunnu?), i wan to know why u banned me. Is it because i was trying to unleash the biter truth? there's a guy dat calls himself Kunlexy. The guy has been claiming a 200L computer Science student of ABU. To my surprise, he was yammering about his scores and post UME scores which means he's also applying. I was only telling him to make a clean breast of the matter by being himself and stop misleading people with f/alse info.,, Dis is the first time i've bin banned and i dont xpect such as i was only saying the truth.

Guys, Dis is no mistake. I remember when i applied to Unilorin last year with a score of 58% and a very strong Upper. Unilorin did not give me admission but went ahead and gave some dudes with lower scores like 50. I'm not trying to justify myself but i think Unilorin should try and be realistic when it comes to admission for this is not only applicants dream, it's their future.

Mr chuka, It's ur words against unilorin's cos the essence of conducting the Post Ume is cos they want to use it as yardstick to measure applicants' admissions. so, why being bias about it?

Usman, dont be so sure.

Orlah baba. not everybody's status on JAMB site is active for now. so, dont bet on it.

Rgards.
Re: Unilorin Admits A Jamb Candidate Below Cutoff Mark by OmichaelO: 7:31am On Sep 28, 2011
ednut1:

D gals numba ws displayed in anoda post, 15783753gh. Bt am sure she go be rems
She has no admission yet,
Re: Unilorin Admits A Jamb Candidate Below Cutoff Mark by tottyj(m): 3:23pm On Sep 28, 2011
helo nlders who are following this thread.
Please let all anxiety be suppressed cncerning this case.
The bearer of the jamb reg no 15783753gh provided in ds thread was given statistics though d bearer scored 44% in putme.
The bearer did remedial (u can download d list of approved candidates for unilorin 2011 remedial program frow their website and search for the bearer's name).
As a matter of fact, remedial candidates are offered admission based on their performance in remedial exam with a minimum of 180 in jamb and not (solely) on their putme score.
So the bearer must have performed better in his/her remedial exam.
However, u stand a good chance of admission when u get d rquirements + connectn wt God & (man).
Wishing all admission seekers a special favour in ds admission session.
Meet u at d top!

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Whaaat!!!!!..couple Caught Having Sex In A Car Park / Why Immigrants Leave Canada And What You Should Know Before Going To Canada / Apply For JAMB Regularization Here (for NYSC & DE) Candidates Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.