Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Is Aba, Abia State A Failed State: Where Is The Efcc? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Aba, Abia State A Failed State: Where Is The Efcc? (721 Views)

Is Nigeria A FAILED State????? / Why Nigeria A Failed State? What Went Wrong? / Is Nigeria A Failed State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Aba, Abia State A Failed State: Where Is The Efcc? by pasthedutc: 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2011
I just visited Nigeria and was extremely impressed by the developments I saw especially in Lagos! With those excitements, I continued my journey to the North, though less impressed as I was in Lagos, and finally ended up in Aba, Abia State:  A city that caught my interest in the first place due to its skills and great potentials. And indeed I was flabbergasted with what I saw! There were countless talents everywhere; almost everything can be manufactured in that city. From good quality clothing’s, shoes etc. Was I in China? I thought.  However, I was deeply saddened by the poor infrastructures there, dilapidated roads, rubbish and children all over the streets: While a few kilometres away in Akwa Ibom and Calabar; children there were sitting in classrooms learning! It seemed that the governments there are not sleeping just like in Lagos!
Back to Aba, I should say that those that run that city should be really really ashamed of themselves for neglecting such a highly potential city. And what struck me the most during our visit to Aba was that the people we interviewed lamented to us that, it was the President who should be held responsible for the bad leadership and looting of the states funds. When we asked why the President should be held responsible, “He campaigned for the re-election of the governor, we are betrayed”, they told us in one voice!
But, why would the President who portrays himself to the WEST as the Answer to the Nigerian economic and leadership problems campaigning for a so-called visionless Governor? I just don’t understand it? Where is the EFCC!

Conclusion:

Anyway, in my opinion Aba was the worst state that I visited during my 21 days visit to Nigeria. Conversely, a place that I would like to invest in the future when there is serenity and of, cause a good management!

Vlams man
Re: Is Aba, Abia State A Failed State: Where Is The Efcc? by skidmolar: 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2011
Greetings
Any one who says that the president did whatever then that person is meant to be slapped cos they are the one causing it when they cant protest against it. If they continue like that then they like it.
Re: Is Aba, Abia State A Failed State: Where Is The Efcc? by nnajiobed: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2011
Aba is not a failed city and will never be. The Roads in Aba are marked for reconstruction and rehabilitation. Contractors are waiting on the rain to stop for work to begin in Aba. Aba is still active as known!
Re: Is Aba, Abia State A Failed State: Where Is The Efcc? by pasthedutc: 3:50am On Sep 20, 2011
In the city where I live in the Netherlands, over 150 road construction was awarded this January, and guesses what? 95% of those contracts have been completed even with the worst rainy season we've ever encounter since 1906!  In the Western world, the leaders are chosen base on their creativities and their ability to rule, to create jobs, better health care system, better housing, environmental and social issues. Be creative!

(1) (Reply)

Dear Moderators, Why Have U Banned My Bb / Boredom Or Stress; Which Would You Prefer. / Are People Afraid To Reveal Their Real Identity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.