Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Ebooks Vs Real Books - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ebooks Vs Real Books (665 Views)

Jamb CBT Ebooks / Do Nigerian Girls/Ladies Buy Ebooks? / El Clasico! Fc Barcelona Vs Real Madrid. Sunday Nov 29th 2009. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebooks Vs Real Books by medex(m): 1:56pm On Sep 16, 2011
Perhaps a foundational question to ask is why do you read? If you read simply for the purposes of getting instruction or for pleasure then you will not be much bothered by whether your reading is done on an electrical device or on paper. Most of us have several other reasons for indulging in (or for subjecting ourselves) to reading thoughr.

If you are reading this I can assume that you know what a book is, so I will not dwell on that  What is an e-book though? It is simply an electronic device that lets you read ‘soft’ copies of printed material or just electronic text. A lot can be said about real paper books. Almost all of the people I spoke with favoured real books because they ‘liked to feel the pages’ or ‘the smell of a new (or old) book is priceless’ etc. An e-book cannot provide any of these sensory pleasures. The fact that e-books can’t provide a visual appeal means that you can’t physically touch the cover, the paper or get its smell of antiquity. In my opinion that’s the biggest disadvantage of an e-book. Read More on, http://medexdeyanz./2011/09/15/ebooks-vs-real-books/
Re: Ebooks Vs Real Books by larablog: 9:56pm On Sep 16, 2011
I personally love books e-books or real books.
E-books are easier to get especially in this internet age.
To get your free e-books visit
www.9jabookmania..com
Re: Ebooks Vs Real Books by globaljobs(m): 10:18pm On Sep 16, 2011
Selling ebooks is a low cost way to earn money.

With ebooks, your inventory cost is zero and your profit is = 100 percent of the selling price.

If you spend so much time writing an ebook and the ebook doesn't sell, you lose the time invested writing the ebook. But you don't run into debt because you borrowed money to self publish your ebook.

This is the way to go . . . selling ebooks, that is.
Re: Ebooks Vs Real Books by medex(m): 11:44am On Sep 17, 2011
globaljobs:

Selling ebooks is a low cost way to earn money.

With ebooks, your inventory cost is zero and your profit is = 100 percent of the selling price.

If you spend so much time writing an ebook and the ebook doesn't sell, you lose the time invested writing the ebook. But you don't run into debt because you borrowed money to self publish your ebook.

This is the way to go . . . selling ebooks, that is.

Hey @larablog. That's another angle and very interesting too. I was talking mainly about which you would prefer to read but for self-publishing, ebooks sure seem the easier way out.
Re: Ebooks Vs Real Books by benzion72(m): 7:00pm On Sep 17, 2011
I read both both ebooks and Paper book and I have a lot of both. I have never bought a shirt worth 5k but I have book that cost 15k per one
Re: Ebooks Vs Real Books by ignis: 11:39pm On Sep 17, 2011
Paper book is more comfortable,

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria At 51 Is Like Nigeria At 5 / Nairaland Is An Exact Miniature Of Nigeria In Terms Of Corruption And Abuse Of / Your Dear Santa Wish This Xmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.