Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,773 members, 7,844,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Getting Closer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Getting Closer (840 Views)

How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? / How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice / As The Vatican Moves Closer To The Islamists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Getting Closer by sko(m): 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2007
can some one help tell me what one can do to be saved and closer to God.
Re: Getting Closer by JeSoul(f): 9:39pm On Aug 31, 2007
Hey Sko,
   you have asked the 1 question that will change your life!  smiley

The bible says in Romans 10:9 "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

To be saved you have to believe in Jesus and that He is the son of God. And you must repent of your sins and turn away from the way you used to live and follow the new way we are taught to live our lives in the bible. Many people out there claim to be christians but they expose they are not when they do not live according to the scriptures.

What in the first place are we being saved from? from hell and from our sins. When you become a christian you become a friend of God and Jesus sacrifice by dying for you enables God to forgive you of all the sins you ever committed or will ever commit and write your name in the book of life, saving you from an eternity in hell.

In Acts 16 a jailer asks the same question you did:  "The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household."

The book of Romans is a GREAT book to read to know about true salvation and what it means to be saved. Read the whole book, it'll answer all your questions. Also if you want to ask me anything else my email is charissa911@hotmail.com, I'd love to talk to you.
  Godbless! grin
Re: Getting Closer by JeSoul(f): 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2007
oh and you get closer to God (just like you get close to any person) by spending time with Him, by spending time in prayer, by studying the scriptures which teaches who God is. The bible is basically God's letter to us, we get to know Him by reading about Him in it. It tells what what God loves and what He hates, what He asks of you and the blessings He's given to you.

(1) (Reply)

Bribery In The Bible ?! / Stop Evangelism- - - - -delay The Coming Of Christ. / Missions In Africa Campuses-mac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.