Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Advice Me On How To Break This Poverty Cycle - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Me On How To Break This Poverty Cycle (276 Views)

Advice Me On How To Break This Poverty Cycle / Advice Me On How To Break This Poverty Cycle / Bad Money Habits And How To Break Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice Me On How To Break This Poverty Cycle by El0nMusk: 11:34am On Mar 17, 2023
Dear nairalanders,

I am a young man of just 25 years. I just concluded my NYSC last month and Glory to God, i was able to get a graduate trainee role and awaiting confirmation in the next 2 months with a possible salary upgrade of more than 200k. But the issue is I am born into a family where our financial status is well below average and I want to break out of this cycle and get rid of all poverty mentality and live a comfortable life.
Till date, I've tried my hands on businesses and even buying stocks (US) but i only encountered losses in the stock and lost almost 30k+ out of the 50k+ i invested.

I'm hoping I'd get lots of advise from you experienced people as i really don't want to be poor. I've lived a really poor life, slept outside throughout my undergraduate days and couldn't even afford to buy new clothes for myself prior to now.

Please give me insight into how i can manage my life and this current salary.

Nite that i don't gamble.
Re: Advice Me On How To Break This Poverty Cycle by Offpointng: 11:41am On Mar 17, 2023
Stay away from your family and family house for now (Pls Note I'm not asking you to do away with em completely but you need that space and peace to work on yourself first) Secondly, Prayer is the only Key to do and undo Lotta things. so importantly, Pray and know your talent cuz ur talent would make a way for you.

If the above din work out (prayers and working smart), Look thou on the ways of our ipob brothers and be rich
Re: Advice Me On How To Break This Poverty Cycle by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 17, 2023
Only invest in what you have studied and understood.
Build your investment portfolio and ensure multiple sources of income before you start having a family... 200 might seem big to you, but once you start having a family you will realise it is not much...
Acquire more skills the type that allows you to keep your 9-5 while also having a side hustle.

Only buy quality stuff so you don't have to always replace them. Quality over quantity.
Save first then spend...

Avoid 'oringo' life-style I.e being the life of the party.
Earn more degree and certification they help increase your capacity to earn more..

Keep only quality people around

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Scenes Of A Digital Marketer, Fashion, Website Monetization / Become A Data Analyst / Job Vacancy: FSE/ASE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.