Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? (11121 Views)

How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today / Lady Shows The Food Items She Bought With N1,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by mariahAngel(f): 7:23pm On Mar 17, 2023
To tell you the truth, it has not been that easy.
Especially with sellers of smaller food items like tomatoes, peppers, vegetables, soup ingredients.
To buy from sellers of these items, one has to have cash to pay, as they hardly accept transfer.

There's a trick I use to get little cash; I go to my bread seller, buy some bread pay through transfer, then I ask my bread seller to allow me transfer more, so that she could give me back in cash, and she's kind enough to oblige me.
That way, I'm able to buy the rest of the things I need.

So, how have you been coping?

25 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Imortal001: 7:27pm On Mar 17, 2023
Through transfer!
Mobile app and opay has been kind to me!
No thanks to buhari and cbn

31 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by mariahAngel(f): 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2023
Imortal001:
Through transfer!

What about the smaller food items?
How do you cope?

2 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by OJODEL10(m): 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2023
Things are hard sister!
network is bad
no transfer no cash
#300 for #1000 sometime s #200 or #250
money is nothing now God!
i wish there is revolution
things should

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Karlifate: 8:27pm On Mar 17, 2023
Opay βœ…

Palmpay βœ…

Kuda βœ…

The 3 of them came to the rescue during this cash brouhaha πŸ’―

Kudos to their developers & C.E.Os. 🀝

A lot of POS operators are like a roaring lion, seeking whom to devour. cheesy

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by JennycIay(m): 8:27pm On Mar 17, 2023
Imortal001:
Through transfer!
No thanks to buhari tinibu an emasapale ahbi emiphelele.
Very useless name 😠

5 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by kinah(f): 8:27pm On Mar 17, 2023
It has been God..
Can't say how stressful and annoying it has been. OPAY to the rescue.
Last week. I tot there was going to be an election.
I went to get some groceries.
Luckily, the woman I get things from accept transfer. But with charges .
Pepper seller: pepper 800 charges 50
Fish seller: pay with charges.
But if you ask them to give you cash, you are on your own.

But I have a church member who works in a filling station, he has been helpful.

12 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by JennycIay(m): 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2023
mariahAngel:

How do you cope?
opay can run it all.
But their service have been somehow since last few days now.

5 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by JennycIay(m): 8:33pm On Mar 17, 2023
kinah:
It has been God..
Can't say how stressful and annoying it has been. OPAY to the rescue.
Last week. I tot there was going to be an election.
I went to get some groceries.
Luckily, the woman I get things from accept transfer. But with charges .
Pepper seller: pepper 800 charges 50
Fish seller: pay with charges.
But if you ask them to give you cash, you are on your own.

But I have a church member who works in a filling station, he has been helpful.
Transfer with charges?
Asin mobile transfer not pos?
Is she okay?
She is among those who doesn't want a better Nigeria.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by ahnie: 8:45pm On Mar 17, 2023
Transfers

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by ahnie: 8:46pm On Mar 17, 2023
JennycIay:
Transfer with charges?
Is she okay?
I do add charges of #100,I tell you straight away before handling the items to you .

To the fuvktards that are masturbating on my mentions,pls get a life.

5 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by JennycIay(m): 10:08pm On Mar 17, 2023
ahnie:

I do add charges of #100,I tell you straight away before handling the items to you
This is just the starting, we would all scatter Nigeria with our hands together.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Divay22(f): 11:54pm On Mar 17, 2023
Not like adding the charges will make their lives any better sad..
We're not done with POS people, sellers are now bringing theirs sad

After buying and calculating, you'll na add ₦100 undecided For what exactly?
Before this whole saga started, never did i hear " you go add charge for transfer o " so why now?

Tell me to add charge, I'll drop your goods and leave your shop, not because i can not pay but that is greed.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by kinah(f): 6:36am On Mar 18, 2023
JennycIay:
Transfer with charges?
Is she okay?

My brother.
In ABEOKUTA here o
Anything you buy add charges.
Some don't collect, they prefer cash.
For me if is not more than 50 naira,we are game.
POs terminal, Card o, opay,palmpay add charges.
They explained that they buy physical money to pay for their goods. I patronize 2nd village people more so the real village people don't collect transfer.
My superior didn't cook good meals for her family for weeks because she couldn't go to the market. Took her to the market to stock the house, humbly she just they add charges on all she bought. The children were happy they could eat good meals finally.

12 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by MetroLane: 7:57am On Mar 18, 2023
Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by NairaLux(f): 7:57am On Mar 18, 2023
Tough

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Olastep1(m): 7:58am On Mar 18, 2023
To be honest, it hasn't been easy but I use JannyMart to order my foodstuffs
Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by sonnie10: 7:58am On Mar 18, 2023
It's been easy for me. Anytime I go to the food vendor and mention Tinubu’s name, I leave with free full cart of food stuff

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by uncleck: 7:58am On Mar 18, 2023
I buy stuffs in bulk nowadays and pay via transfer. I normally buy money for small items like vegetables, tomatoes and small small transportation.

A week ago I threw away 4500. I transferred money to a driver while traveling to PH from owerri but it wasn't successful. It happened to different drivers. Later in the night all of the transactions went through while I had bought money to settle the drivers

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Winters23: 7:58am On Mar 18, 2023
grin
Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Offpoint1: 7:59am On Mar 18, 2023
Thread for those who cook.

I don't cook, if you don't have POS and still don't accept transfer, first thing I'd say to you is "You're not serious with your life" then walk away.

I'm never going to use POS agents ever again, they can all go to hell. And for vendors that let greed take over them, I'm never patronizing them forever. Charging N100 for N200 purchase is an act of criminality.

One thing I learned is "hausa are the most honest people without greed in Nigeria" and the 2nd thing I learned is "Nigerians are opportunist and greedy people"

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by stano2(m): 7:59am On Mar 18, 2023
It has been really difficult, some market sellers accept transfer tho. But you go through their Trusted Pos agent instead of direct from your phone , because they are scared of transfer bouncing back when made.

2 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Isabi4lov: 8:00am On Mar 18, 2023
Through transfers and pos and for cash God has been helping through one of my colleagues.

Infact God has been using him for me for the past two weeks to get little change, may God bless him for his kindness.

4 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by flemsy15(m): 8:00am On Mar 18, 2023
Na transfer things. I never knew Nigerians can adjust this fast to cashless economy. Foodstuff mummys are even collecting transfers

7 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Imortal001: 8:01am On Mar 18, 2023
mariahAngel:

How do you cope?
I pay from a POS point then I take reciept to the seller.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 8:01am On Mar 18, 2023
angry
Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Doro55: 8:01am On Mar 18, 2023
Getting cash is the major problem
Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by emekajacobogbon(m): 8:01am On Mar 18, 2023
Let's stop the negative speech in terms of tribalism and bigotry in this forum, it will do us a greater favor if we refrain from it because I believe there is power in words.
Each word you speak to another person is a seed down in that person's heart and it will definitely germinate and blossom one day to give you back the fruits.
This forum has the potential of education, entertainment, news, etc for the good and relaxation of hardworking Nigerians, it is very painful to me to sometimes decided to take a break from work and come online to relax only to start hearing negative tribal and derogatory remarks about another person.
For those questioning my position to determine what is good and what is bad,
For those asking me to keep quiet coz I'm not GOD, Freedom of choice doesn't require one to be a God to exercise, it is a duty God delegated to mankind to have freedom to choose but the worst part is that what ever choice you make, you must face the consequences.
So it's for your own good to make a positive choice.
The society can only regulate and enforce positive behavior to an extent but it lies on each individual to make the world a better place by making positive choices

13 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Pikahol(m): 8:01am On Mar 18, 2023
I have a filling station. From there I get cash , I give them out to people without charges.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by fastseo: 8:02am On Mar 18, 2023
my pain is even the old money can't be seen again. I use to buy 5000 for 2000. that's if am lucky to even see.

buying foodstuffs, vegetables, fruits is war. I have stopped eating fruit because no money to buy it. they claim they don't have bank account.

and some crazy people still voted apc n will still do same again today.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:02am On Mar 18, 2023
grin
Mehnnnnn,it hasn't been easy at all....I bought food yesterday,after eating,I decided to transfer the money to the seller..Omoh,na once opay begin to sure me strong SHEGE........

Las las,e manage go,but less than 20 minutes,the money was reversed....But I later called the seller and transferred it back to her.

8 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? by IyaTola: 8:02am On Mar 18, 2023
grin
I use MoniePoint POS
Call
+234 814 658 2471
for your MoniePoint POS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My food album. (Pictures) / What's Your Most-hated Kitchen Chore/task? / Which Food Crops Can Be Grown At Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.