Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

I Miss Home: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Miss Home: (2908 Views)

I Miss Place My Marriage Certificate / Dear Diary. . . I Miss My Husband And My Baby / I Miss Him! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Miss Home: by monie0078(f): 5:29am On Mar 02, 2006
So let's see. It's 11:24pm Wednesday night, and I'm laying here thinking about home and how much I miss it. It'd be awesome to go back home (even for a couple of weeks), but not only can I not get out of work, I can't really afford it. I haven't been home since 2002, and I miss everyone. It's pretty bad, My friend Kenny and I do the whole email thing, but it's just not the same. I'd love to see her and hang out with her. I miss my parents, my cousins, my friends, even my 'not so close' friends. I've been here since 98, and although it's been ok, there are nights/times when things just seem really depressing. Stinks. Anyway, that's my post for the day. I just 'had' to talk about it for a little bit. sad
Re: I Miss Home: by AbujaBoy(m): 7:02am On Mar 02, 2006
Well, you should find time to come back to the roots if you can, christmas/easter/summer, whenever. You should try saving up a bit of cash aswell, I'm sure your parents along with yourself would be more than happy to see you back home. These things happen to the best of us. smiley
Re: I Miss Home: by Grizzly(m): 8:57am On Mar 02, 2006
Go home
Re: I Miss Home: by wormedup(m): 2:05pm On Mar 02, 2006
u need help in coming home ?? i'd say u stay there, trust me, u ain't missing much.
but then, i'm sure there a lot of ppl willing to swap places with u.
hey, just work on it ok, everything comes out with determination.

cheers.
Re: I Miss Home: by flower(f): 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2006
There's no place quite like home, is there? I'm sorry for your saddness. Maybe you can start to save a little here and there, pretty soon you'll have enough for the trip.
Re: I Miss Home: by Hotstepper(f): 10:21pm On Mar 02, 2006
sorry ma dear, i can't stay here without going every year or everyother year esp. xmas, just 2 boring 4 ma liking cuz i miss ma cuzzins and friends and alwayz think of how xmas in da villa used 2 be, xmas 06, here we come,
Re: I Miss Home: by IAH(f): 10:26pm On Mar 02, 2006
Awwww sorry, sweerrat mi kiss.
I'm mizzing home too.
Re: I Miss Home: by papermoon(f): 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2006
cry
Re: I Miss Home: by SIBLI06(m): 2:34pm On Mar 08, 2006
monie0078, I know exactly how you feel. I have been working in Nigeria since 1998. I have probably only had 4 months in the UK over that time due to a heavy workload.

I miss everything from family to nice milk and bread!! My wife and I will be going to the UK in June preparing for the birth of our first son in July. The way I am feeling the chances are we will not return. No doubt then my wife will be missing all her family and friends in Nigeria.

Life can be awkward sometimes but the Big Man upstairs will help you in your plans if you ask him. Hope that you can raise some money and visit everybody in Nigeria some time soon, webcams just aren't the same are they!! Gud luck!
Re: I Miss Home: by tejuoso1(f): 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2006
i also miss hoME and i feel stuck here i always ask my self why am i cathing bus around london when i can do my ride @ home, why am i fliping burger @ mcdonalds and going to school @same time when i can face my studies squrely @ hoME. you feel relaxed in naija but here you are so stressed and bored @ same time. Thanxs 2 naija hommies on nairaland dt brings happy gossip and topic dt u jUSt keep giggling
Re: I Miss Home: by Dupsybaby(f): 7:41pm On Mar 11, 2006
Oh Monie0078, i feel you, feel u,i feel u great.You have just touch my inner being with this post and it reminds me of how very much i miss some people out there.My dear you can do it,save some money ,visit home and i bet you wont regret it.2002 is a long time ,its not same with all those mails ,letters or calls ,ur folks will be most grateful to have u around. kiss kiss kiss
Re: I Miss Home: by eveseh(f): 9:43pm On Apr 27, 2006
everyone likes home

not is like home
Re: I Miss Home: by Ndipe(m): 10:53am On May 01, 2007
I left my heart in Nigeria. wink smiley
Re: I Miss Home: by uyai(f): 6:13pm On May 01, 2007
i haven't been home since i left in 2001. i miss it like crazy. there is no place like home. The food is what i miss most especially fresh food. here everything has growth hormone in it. banana is not like the the one back home. kai! i cannot wait to go home sweet home.
Re: I Miss Home: by skfa1: 12:00pm On Oct 24, 2008
I feel you all including the poster. I miss home as well. Home is where your heart is.

Home withing your heart!!!

Sweet home!!!

Home!!!

My home Nigeria!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Miss Home: by mohawkchic(f): 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2008
~ Don't we all miss home?!!~ Home away from Home is never trully Home regardless of the cliche "Home Is Where The Heart Is"!!

~I only have to think of the beautiful beaches back home,the warm weather when am freezing my behind here in winter to want to jump on a plane home!! aaah if wishes were horses . .
Re: I Miss Home: by rubi(f): 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2008
There is no place like home
Re: I Miss Home: by MissyB1(m): 12:25pm On Oct 25, 2008
So there are actually peeps who feel the same way I do?
shocked shocked shocked shocked
I love and miss Naija so very much. kiss kiss kiss
Re: I Miss Home: by Angolobabe(f): 5:37pm On Oct 25, 2008
mmmmmmm i use to feel that way before,yes i did miss home too but after going home , and seen what my eyes has seen and my experince and jealousy of people ,i dont even want to dream about going home for a long long a mean long time
and if i eventually really want to go home ,im not reaching home ,i mean non of my family members will ever know i came home
Re: I Miss Home: by SeanT21(f): 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2008
Ofcourse, Everyone will always miss Home. Its where the heart is.

I miss Mama Liberia!!!
Re: I Miss Home: by benincitys(f): 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2008
i miss home too i havt see my family for 8years now  whenever i think about it, it makes me sad ,
i have a ticket to go home  which i got last month buying the ticket is easy, money to live there is not a problem  but the big problem is what they want from you ,
one of my brother ask me for mac book and  the other one ask  for i phone  which i dint have at the moment, my brother girlfriend ask for jeans and tops, my 3sister ask for luggage each
the list go on , the bad new is i have live all my life for them,   now i need to live my life i have a 18months old baby who need me more than they need me .
Re: I Miss Home: by Angolobabe(f): 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2008
this was actually my situation with my family and some of them don't even appreciate my afford so now i have realised i have to live my life and they should live theres,its all about me now no one esle.

benincitys:

the bad new is i have live all my life for them, now i need to live my life i have a 18months old baby who need me more than they need me .
Re: I Miss Home: by damiso(f): 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2008
@topic

ME TOO. sad sad sad sad

Only my hubby makes it worth it and now winter is almost here to make it worse. sad sad
Re: I Miss Home: by Outstrip(f): 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2008
If you love naija like I do work yourself to the bone and prepare your life for nigeria. That is our focus right now. We know we want to be in Nigeria and raise our kids there but we have to set ourselves up so we are working hard like mad people now to set things up in nigeria and also here in the states. From the day my parents forced me to come to the states my plan was to make nigeria my base eventually. Luckily my husband is on the same page. America is still home and I love it here too but my heart is in Nigeria. There is no place like home
Re: I Miss Home: by NubianQ(f): 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2008
i feel you. i cant explain, how i feel mysef. good thing is i am going home soon after 3 years and i am happy cuz am going back to the place i love. hang in there
Re: I Miss Home: by jacq(f): 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2008
benincitys:

i miss home too i havt see my family for 8years now whenever i think about it, it makes me sad ,
i have a ticket to go home which i got last month buying the ticket is easy, money to live there is not a problem but the big problem is what they want from you ,
one of my brother ask me for mac book and the other one ask for i phone which i dint have at the moment, my brother girlfriend ask for jeans and tops, my 3sister ask for luggage each
the list go on , the bad new is i have live all my life for them, now i need to live my life i have a 18months old baby who need me more than they need me .

I know wat u mean always trying to help them wth money so their life will be a little easier u can even give someone in naija 100k naira to start a bizzness and in less than 2 months dey will be calling u saying they need more,
its very frustrating sometimes.

I can't wait to get to naija end november Edo state here i come.
Re: I Miss Home: by iice(f): 6:07pm On Nov 02, 2008
Used to, now i dont.
I miss the beach instead grin
Re: I Miss Home: by plappville(f): 6:18pm On Nov 02, 2008
@ poster a song for you.

Home,  my home, my home(2x)
When shall i see my home oooooo,

when shall i see my native land i shall never forget my home

I live my father i leave my mother, i leave them far away oooo,

when shall i see my native land i shall never forget my home.

May u find ur needs while preparing ur visit to ur home.

It's good to go back home, i was at home in april after 4 years, it was really fun, every body has changed
Mum, younger once, friends, and even the city, i was cherished and welcomed like a queen.
I love my home.

but becareful during ur visit.
Re: I Miss Home: by abujabooks(f): 10:05am On Nov 03, 2008
I miss home all d time.

Even though, I was there last month and I go home at least once a year.

I don't do the family presents "thingy". Family can milk u dry in 9ja.
Re: I Miss Home: by Phemour: 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2008
i really miss Offa, my home
Re: I Miss Home: by finemocha(f): 12:59am On Sep 12, 2009
i miss home as well
Re: I Miss Home: by BlackRevo: 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2009
I miss home too, i cant believe it is now almost 4.5 years since i left home. Just like most people i have lived my life for my family and the sad truth is that it is never ending, If you don't take a firm decision. My plan now is to give them the ability to fish now and not me fishing for them anymore. I hope i have a good experience if i ever visit, my heart is always there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Daughter Ran Away From Home / Why Devalue And Belittle Yourself? / Please How Do I Recover My Money After A Failed Pos Transaction??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.