Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,008 members, 7,845,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) (25572 Views)

Chinese Spotted At Onitsha Main Market, Speaks Igbo, Claims Anambra Origin:video / Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) / Fire Outbreak At Oshodi Market, Shops And Cars Destroyed (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by fola2222: 1:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
D
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Mikespecialone(m): 1:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
Urheadmaster:
This war the Yorubas have started will consume the Yorubas one after the other

Onitsha is not Lagos state

How does the fire outbreak In Anambra consign the yorubas People like you should never exist

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by kiddkash(m): 1:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
Urheadmaster:

It is not war. It is life. Now we know who are our real friends and who can be trusted.
Once bitten, twice shy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Dentidon: 1:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
cool
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Nigeriakan: 1:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
Urheadmaster:

Must you bring tribal sentiments to everything. Bro, go get a life please.

Fire incidents in major market places in Nigeria should be investigated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Spicycat(f): 1:35pm On Mar 21, 2023
Urheadmaster:

This is the evidence to prove that donkeys also have access to the Internet cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Dbestbrest: 1:35pm On Mar 21, 2023
So sad, State Governments need to create Fire Service Stations in all major markets in their states and the traders also need to install fire alarm system in their shops as well as having at least one gadget to fight fire. The losses being recorded to fire yearly is too much. Haba! May God help those that were affected in this disaster

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by buharibanjo(m): 1:36pm On Mar 21, 2023
Too bad

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Allardyce: 1:36pm On Mar 21, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
This is sad, may God replace all their loses. May peace be restored in our country amen..
You wouldn't have said this during the election Period. Hypocrite
Daughter of a stvpid ashawo
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by sammsimm(m): 1:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
Evil people shall be consumed by their evil doings

2 Likes

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by ProphetM0hammad: 1:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
Keep burning una empty shops to attract compensation

Elections are over, Obi won't come there with cameras to cry and give bailout funds

4 Likes

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by gigabyte13: 1:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
Dem werey go say na
Tinubu thugs set the place on fire
Delusional beings...............
May God grant the innocent traders the beatitudes to bear the loss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by visaclick: 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2023
Is this happened preelection sanwolu would have sent aid along with a check
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by YeyeGbami: 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2023
I hope they won’t blame yorubas again.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by bigdammyj: 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2023
Noted.
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by od501: 1:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
MasterJayJay:
The issue of fire at markets all over the country shows how underdeveloped we are operating in this country.

How many markets in Nigeria have, fire alarms/smoke detectors, CCTV cameras to capture some of this incident, in order to minimize further damage?

6 Igbo markets on fire in different parts of Nigeria in less than 35 days, and you think they are all mere accident? Bro..think, Igbos are under siege.
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by MasterJayJay: 1:48pm On Mar 21, 2023
od501:

6 Igbo markets on fire in different parts of Nigeria in less than 35 days, and you think they are all mere accident? Bro..think, Igbos are under siege.
Under siege, and you can't install cameras to catch the culprits?

Rapu propaganda.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by yahoodetector: 1:48pm On Mar 21, 2023
They have come down to Onitsha to burn shops like they are doing in Lagos.

Catch any descendants of the fallen angel Lucifemi Devilanre Satande in the east and mix cement with water and force them to drink it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by FabKidd2000: 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
moscow007:
I've been in shock since Saturday, I never believed Yorubas are this evil and tribalistic, I have cool and descent Yoruba friends, now I can't look at them the same way embarassed cry

One fact is obvious to every Igbo man and people of old Eastern region, "Yorubas are your real enemies, not Fulanis"

They will destroy your source of livelihood and kill you if given the chance. Healing from this is impossible. embarassed embarassed cry

Stop that generalization. You have many Yoruba allies but talk like this will only turn them against you. You think it was only Igbo that gave Peter Obi the votes he used to win Lagos? Stop that nonsense talk.

There are idiots in every tribe including Yoruba. Deal with people on an individual basis and stop adding to the incitement. We need to start seeing ourselves as Nigerians first before whatever tribe we are from otherwise this country is pointless. Together we shall overcome.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by gigabyte13: 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
moscow007:
I've been in shock since Saturday, I never believed Yorubas are this evil and tribalistic, I have cool and descent Yoruba friends, now I can't look at them the same way embarassed cry

One fact is obvious to every Igbo man and people of old Eastern region, "Yorubas are your real enemies, not Fulanis"

They will destroy your source of livelihood and kill you if given the chance. Healing from this is impossible. embarassed embarassed cry

See bitterness
Wertin dis one dey talk
So wertin concern Yoruba with fire wey burn for Onitsha....
I no understand...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by twilliamx(m): 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
moscow007:

They will still blame apc

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Rochasstatue(f): 1:51pm On Mar 21, 2023
Let's see whether Obi will visit the site and donate money.
If it was before election, you will see him stoning pure water sachets into the inferno or mixing omo inside paint buckets of water...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by twilliamx(m): 1:54pm On Mar 21, 2023
Urheadmaster:

You they mind the retardd
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Tflex01: 1:54pm On Mar 21, 2023
If this had happened in Lagos, they would haved accused APC, Sanwo-Olu and Tinubu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Successlane: 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2023
moscow007:

All because they prove that Lagos is NOT 'no mans land'

Tell your Igbo tribes men that Lagos is YORUBA land. !!!!!!

They are very accommodating and supportive.

I'm not Yoruba, please.

Have regard for your host, and don't do what NO other tribe can try in Southeast.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Antai123(m): 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2023
I feel for our Igbo brothers, they are going through alot at the moment. Will Tinubu or Buhari visit the scene to check the cause of these fire and help to resolve them?

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Wennys: 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2023
The Anonymous Collectives said it.
And it's manifesting.

Never doubt the anonymous!

Follow "The Anonymous collectives" on Facebook
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by ekhai(m): 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2023
TMSMedia:
Traders are counting their losses after shops and offices were destroyed as fire broke out at the popular Onitsha Main Market, in Anambra State, IGBERETV reports.

According to an eyewitness, the fire broke out early morning of Tuesday, March 21, 2023, in a section of the market known as White House. White House is the office of the leaders of the market, an expansive two-storey building and hosts several offices, halls for meetings in the first and second floor, while the ground floor hosts shops.

"The area mostly affected by the fire is the block of shops under the white house, where expensive lace materials are sold.”, eyewitness said.

Firefighters battled for hours to contain the inferno as some of the traders salvaged their goods while others watched in tears as the fire consumed their shops.

Spokesman of Anambra Command of the Police, DSP Tochukwu Ikenga, said firefighters and policemen were on ground to control the fire and prevent looting.

A video which captured the fire was shared on Facebook by Udeh Nicholas with the caption;

https://www.facebook.com/1823116893/posts/pfbid02afgpWsdC1tW9Hby7j77oFdhCawRVfpAusWjHNk1bdmBiZbtNZ8AkrtbQJ5Tyz6HEl/?app=fbl

https://igberetvnews.com/1441297/shops-offices-destroyed-fire-breaks-onitsha-main-market-photos/
SO YORUBA PEOPLE HAVE GONE TO PUT FIRE FOR ONITSHA MARKET. HMMMMMM. THINGS DO HAPPENED COINCDENIALLY.
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Teddy0147(m): 1:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
moscow007:

Wetin una Dey smoke…. The market is not here in Lagos stop this hate and embrace peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by KanuSE: 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
This is sad, may God replace all their loses. May peace be restored in our country amen..

This is not meant to be a prayer but a prompt action from your government. Obviously, an average Nigerian business owner doesn't know anything about insurance thereby continuing to suffer as a result of sheer ignorance.

Health and safety issue is another major concern.

Quite sad.

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by twilliamx(m): 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2023
moscow007:

After the civil war, the Yoruba kept houses of igbos, even helped them to collect rent and gave it to them when they came back from the war, meanwhile all igbo properties in the south south and north were taking over, instead of you idiots to find out what you did to the Yorubas, you are here acting like victims, when the truth is that you are the aggressor. Go and asks your father's what i said as regards the civil war story

10 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked / Businessman's Wooden Safe Caught Fire In Lagos / Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.