Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Naira Scarcity: Latest CBN News, Update On Naira Notes For March 23rd, 2023 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Scarcity: Latest CBN News, Update On Naira Notes For March 23rd, 2023 (369 Views)

What's The Meaning Of These Symbols On Naira Notes / Naira Scarcity: CBN's Update On Naira Notes For March 22nd, 2023 / GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Scarcity: Latest CBN News, Update On Naira Notes For March 23rd, 2023 by adenigga(m): 8:01am On Mar 23, 2023
The Central Bank Governor, Godwin Emefiele on Wednesday evening met with chief executive officers of DMBs, where he revealed that the apex bank would be disbursing the old notes in its custody to commercial banks effective Thursday (today).

A source that confirmed the outcome of the meeting to Punch said, Emefiele directed DMBs to begin the disbursement of old N1,000, N500 and N200 notes to members of the public effectively.

The source further stated that CBN will also start releasing old notes to commercial banks from Thursday.

Sources at the meeting noted that the apex bank would also cancel all the cash withdrawal limits it put in place in recent months.

Also, it was learnt the CBN would start by releasing crisp old notes to DMBS after which the ones deposited by commercial banks will also be released.

It was noted that the apex bank stated at the meeting that bank customers would no longer be required to generate any code before depositing their old notes.

The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has instructed workers in the country to shut down all the offices of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) nationwide starting from next week.

The directive was given by the NLC President, Joe Ajaero, during a press conference in Abuja on Wednesday.

He disclosed that the action became necessary due to the naira scarcity and the attendant challenges it has brought the way of Nigerians.

Ajaero gave the directive following the expiration of one-week ultimatum given to the apex bank and the commercial banks in the country to make cash available for Nigerians.

The NLC leader said workers would be directed to stay at home if the CBN failed to make the naira notes available to Nigerians.

He also lamented the lingering petrol scarcity issues in the country and the attendant challenges it has brought the way of Nigerians.
Source: https:///Naira-Scarcity-Latest-CBN-News-Update-On-Naira-Notes-For-March-23rd-2023

Re: Naira Scarcity: Latest CBN News, Update On Naira Notes For March 23rd, 2023 by darling2424(f): 8:02am On Mar 23, 2023
😓What a weak country

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: Latest CBN News, Update On Naira Notes For March 23rd, 2023 by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 23, 2023
This people don’t even care about the masses and less privilege

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: Latest CBN News, Update On Naira Notes For March 23rd, 2023 by Zonefree(m): 8:17am On Mar 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
This people don’t even care about the masses and less privilege
Stop grumbling, go to court if you're not pleased.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Scarcity: Latest CBN News, Update On Naira Notes For March 23rd, 2023 by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 23, 2023
Zonefree:

Stop grumbling, go to court if you're not pleased.
grin grin we are in court already. Emefiele must go to jail. You are a heartless person by the way and biased( based on what you came to do on my thread yesterday)

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity: Latest CBN News, Update On Naira Notes For March 23rd, 2023 by Allardyce: 8:23am On Mar 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
grin grin we are in court already. Emefiele must go to jail. You are a heartless person by the way and biased( based on what you came to do on my thread yesterday)
You never still rest? Seems you like playmaker but don't know how to say it.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Latest CBN News, Update On Naira Notes For March 23rd, 2023 by Zonefree(m): 8:26am On Mar 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I'm heartless and biased cos I stated the obvious

3 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Latest CBN News, Update On Naira Notes For March 23rd, 2023 by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 23, 2023
Zonefree:

I'm heartless and biased cos I stated the obvious
You knew the truth but couldn’t say it because your friend was involved, then you should have kept quiet but you had to join him to derail my peaceful thread. A heartless and biased man you are.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Latest CBN News, Update On Naira Notes For March 23rd, 2023 by Zonefree(m): 8:32am On Mar 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
You knew the truth but couldn’t say it because your friend was involved, then you should have kept quiet but you had to join him to derail my peaceful thread. A heartless and biased man you are.
ok

2 Likes

Re: Naira Scarcity: Latest CBN News, Update On Naira Notes For March 23rd, 2023 by Allardyce: 8:34am On Mar 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
First class mumu. You derail your rubbish thread by yourself. I love how mariahAngel exposed your silly ass.
Re: Naira Scarcity: Latest CBN News, Update On Naira Notes For March 23rd, 2023 by talk2hb1(m): 10:07am On Mar 23, 2023
The 65Million naira seized by EFCC on Election Day too should be made available at least they should give them transfer as exhibit.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Woman Sets Herself Ablaze Over 70k Loan:punch Apologizes To LAPO Over False News / XEEDEE EXCHANGE NOW OFFER ALL TYPES OF CHECKOUT / Please I Want To Go Into POS Business Any Advice Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.