Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,709 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Advice On The Best Path - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Advice On The Best Path (509 Views)

What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? / BACKEND Learning Path. / Advice On Data Science Learning Path (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On The Best Path by kazvid(m): 11:52am On Mar 23, 2023
Good morning everyone
I'm currently at a cross road on the programming language to learn,got a laptop recently and can't wait to go all in this programming journey.

I've been wanting to learn web development (frontend) since it's easier to get a job as a frontend developer than any other stack.
The news of web dev being over saturated and chat gpt taking over it within the next few years is making me think twice.

I'm in need of advice from the gurus in here on the language to learn.
An advice you can give your younger self few years ago

@tensazangetsu20
@qtguru
@airsaylongcome
Re: Advice On The Best Path by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:56am On Mar 23, 2023
kazvid:
Good morning everyone
I'm currently at a cross road on the programming language to learn,got a laptop recently and can't wait to go all in this programming journey.

I've been wanting to learn web development (frontend) since it's easier to get a job as a frontend developer than any other stack.
The news of web dev being over saturated and chat gpt taking over it within the next few years is making me think twice.

I'm in need of advice from the gurus in here on the language to learn.
An advice you can give your younger self few years ago

@tensazangetsu20
@qtguru
@airsaylongcome

I will still learn to code but I would lower my expectations significantly. I shy away from giving tech advice now cause the market isnt what it used to be when I learnt.

1 Like

Re: Advice On The Best Path by kazvid(m): 12:02pm On Mar 23, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I will still learn to code but I would lower my expectations significantly. I shy away from giving tech advice now cause the market isnt what it used to be when I learnt.
Hmm 🤔
Going through your post you've been an advocate of web dev and it not being saturated,what are you wished you knew earlier about it and how would you learn it if you're to start today?

1 Like

Re: Advice On The Best Path by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2023
kazvid:

Hmm 🤔
Going through your post you've been an advocate of web dev and it not being saturated,what are you wished you knew earlier about it and how would you learn it if you're to start today?

Men the only thing I can say for sure is if you have the means japa o grin grin. All the rich tech bros guys richer and wealthier than I am arent in Nigeria again. These were guys earning astonishingly unbelievable salaries. The thing is with regards to tech the jobs we get are mostly crumbs and the economies of western countries aren't doing so well anymore so those crumb jobs aren't even available. However, if you lived in the west and had those skills you won't have any issues finding work. I would still learn to code cause looking at nigeria today what alternative is there but also as you learning have a plan b and plan c and plan d. What those will be is completely up to you.

2 Likes

Re: Advice On The Best Path by kazvid(m): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Men the only thing I can say for sure is if you have the means japa o grin grin. All the rich tech bros guys richer and wealthier than I am arent in Nigeria again. These were guys earning astonishingly unbelievable salaries. The thing is with regards to tech the jobs we get are mostly crumbs and the economies of western countries aren't doing so well anymore so those crumb jobs aren't even available. However, if you lived in the west and had those skills you won't have any issues finding work. I would still learn to code cause looking at nigeria today what alternative is there but also as you learning have a plan b and plan c and plan d. What those will be is completely up to you.
Thanks alot boss,I really appreciate
Re: Advice On The Best Path by qtguru(m): 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2023
Be open to other non-coding skills.

1 Like

Re: Advice On The Best Path by kazvid(m): 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2023
qtguru:
Thanks alot sir,will make research them
Re: Advice On The Best Path by Jskelly11: 1:45pm On Mar 23, 2023
qtguru:
Non coding skills like? Kindly give some examples sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On The Best Path by romeo411(m): 3:14pm On Mar 23, 2023
I believe learning how to code can never go out of fashion, I think that good days for devs will soon be back. As for me learning to code, I'm foreseeing a time when non-coders and those without some other relevant software skills will be treated as if they don't have computer knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Advice On The Best Path by qtguru(m): 3:38pm On Mar 23, 2023
Jskelly11:

Webflow, Bubble, Virtual Assistant, learning to how to use a specific platform, and Platform integration.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice On The Best Path by Bossman(m): 5:35pm On Mar 23, 2023
Learn the fundamentals of Software Dev/Programming very well using any Language you want. be it Java, Python, etc. Once you master it very well, then you can start to learn about available frameworks available with that language. Then you can write small applications that solve a problem utilizing those skills. Software developers are still in demand here in US.

3 Likes

Re: Advice On The Best Path by imustsaymymindo: 9:12pm On Mar 23, 2023
Jskelly11:

1. Product Management
2. Cloud architect
3. Developer advocate
4. Technical Writing
5. SRE
6. DevOps

However, it's best to know coding even when on these roles. It gives you a better edge. Funny enough, these are the guys that rise up to management in IT fastest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On The Best Path by Jskelly11: 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2023
qtguru:

Webflow, Bubble, Virtual Assistant, learning to how to use a specific platform, and Platform integration.
Thanks very much sir
Re: Advice On The Best Path by Jskelly11: 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2023
imustsaymymindo:

1. Product Management
2. Cloud architect
3. Developer advocate
4. Technical Writing
5. SRE
6. DevOps

However, it's best to know coding even when on these roles. It gives you a better edge. Funny enough, these are the guys that rise up to management in IT fastest.
Thanks very much sir

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Work For A Good And Legit Programmer / Elon Musk Claims Ai Will Overtake Humans 'in Less Than Five Years / Is Data Camp A Good Site To Learn Python?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.