Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,667 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! (26731 Views)

7 Ways To Protect Your Phone From Been Hacked. / Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone / Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by Kewt: 2:34pm On Sep 18, 2011
I was at the market to specifically get a blackberry phone which I have been saving for since God knows when!

I saw beautiful ones but got some how confused at some point.

I took price samples from different vendors especially from those selling fairly used BBs.

All of a sudden, the reality of losing my hard earned money dawned on me as I have no prior knowledge about fake or
Original BB.

For the normal fones, it is always easy to identify china fones which are mostly inferior ie from shiny attractive casing, to
ear blowing loud ring tones and obscure brand names like ivec, tekla, nokla etc.

But for BBs, I am yet to get any difference since they all have Blackberry as the universal name inscribed on them irrespective
of the manufacturer's genuineness.

Experienced nairalanders, should kindly help out with useful tips on differentiating and identifying fake BBs from Original ones.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by Lexusgs430: 12:34am On Sep 19, 2011
If you are in the market for a used but in excellent condition blackberry, and very much original, also sold with warranties, state the device you want and your budget, I have a consignment of uk used blackberry's, all updated to the latest firmware, fully unlocked and tested, arriving in lagos on the 29th of September.
If you are interested, make your intentions known.
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by cardoso111(m): 1:19am On Sep 19, 2011
kewt i have a checklist of ways of knowing source of these bb send me a mail cieba777@yahoo.com.it will surprise you.free of course
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by Kewt: 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2011
Lexusgs430:

If you are in the market for a used but in excellent condition blackberry, and very much original, also sold with warranties, state the device you want and your budget, I have a consignment of uk used blackberry's, all updated to the latest firmware, fully unlocked and tested, arriving in lagos on the 29th of September.
If you are interested, make your intentions known.

@Lexusgs430, I am particularly interested in either of Bold one, Bold II or javelyn. The price will determine which one I will ultimately go for. The warranty aspect of it makes it thrilling. Kindly paste your number so that I can do a follow up via phone or better still, you can send your email address.

Thanks in advance!!!
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by Kewt: 3:34pm On Sep 19, 2011
@cardoso111, I have mailed you the request. Expecting it as soon as possible but I honestly wonder why you won't just paste the required information here so that we all could benefit.

Thanks all the same.
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by Everfrank(m): 10:03pm On Sep 20, 2011
You wanna rest assured to enjoy your BB. Then buy a brand new one from any of the popular marketers. A brand new BB curve is around 30k.I bought my Bold 2 from slot systems and, men, am rocking.
Am not saying this to spoil anybody's business. Just an honest advice from an experienced used BB user.
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by Lexusgs430: 10:20pm On Sep 20, 2011
Everfrank:

You wanna rest assured to enjoy your BB. Then buy a brand new one from any of the popular marketers. A brand new BB curve is around 30k.I bought my Bold 2 from slot systems and, men, am rocking.
Am not saying this to spoil anybody's business. Just an honest advice from an experienced used BB user.

People that buy new, buy for a reason ! People that buy quality used, also buy for a reason ! You cannot kill an existing market !!!
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by FIRIKI(m): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2011
I have sold over 1000 USA used blackberry phones in Nigeria and still selling. All in excellent condition and never had any issues with my customers. New or used the market is large enough for both.
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by vitality22(m): 10:30am On Nov 29, 2011
Pls i urgently need a BB bold 2, or Storm 2. How can i get it in calabar? anyone that has somebody in calabar can call me lets do business. 08036328718 or better still drop you number here let me call you.

I need it urgently pls. thank you
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by goodphone: 10:35pm On Nov 30, 2011
great,
Kewt:

Experienced nairalanders, should kindly help out with useful tips on differentiating and identifying fake BBs from Original ones.

Thanks in advance!

this is an interesting question to get the best blackberry the solution is to
1 buy from known vendors like SLOT NIGERIA
2 buy from the network subscribers

however, i am sure this did not answer your question in full because not everyone is ready to buy from these or ready to buy new blackbery'
this leads us to the ultimate answer
you can grade the quality of a bb device based on the country that finally assembled it.
if you need further clarification please let me knw.
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by jackkyy(m): 3:56pm On Dec 02, 2011
original ones from us are made in mexico
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:02pm On Dec 02, 2011
I am looking for the new Bold 8 with dual SIM card, i saw someone using it lately, its a trip wink
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2011
Seriously?
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by DosuAde: 5:57pm On Dec 02, 2011
I have an advice for you, DO NOT BUY A USED BLACKBERRY!!! Why?
I am a victim of such, I bought a used Blackberry Torch for very close
to the price of a new one. It does everything but it won't ping!

The Pin is unique to each Blackberry and the previous owner, so
they will normally block the pin through Blackberry Protect or declare
the phone stolen. So that they can keep their PIN and their BB Friends
don't start pinging you thinking its them.

Tell me what use is a blackberry that doesn't ping? You might as well
buy the best Samsung Or Nokia brand new.

My advice is try the pinging before you buy a used blackberry, and
buy from someone with a return policy if the pinging doesn't work.
Because they can switch the PIN off  anytime through BLACKBERRY PROTECT.
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by Drdreluv: 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
Type: * # 06 # will display 15
digits IMEI number of your
BlackBerry. Example:
Seventh and eighth digit IMEI
number is 10. That means 
вв are manufactured in *FI*
Finnish with very good quality.
If the seventh and eighth digit is a
number 02 or 20, then  вв
are made in Asia with a bad
quality.
number 08 or 80, then  вв
was made in *DE* Germany with
good quality ,
number 03, then  вв was
made in *FR* *CA* France or
Canada with the best quality ,
number 04, then  вв the
limited edition made especially in
the *CA* Canada with the best
quality in the world , (y)  вв
If you do not fall from one of the
above, then you are  вв 
вв false._Adi
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by godman01(m): 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
Check the speaker
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by pendusky(m): 9:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
Am sure this post was to give the poster a tips on how to identify fake and original BB, why xchanging of numbers and emails?
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by tayoast(m): 10:52pm On Dec 02, 2011
pendusky:

Am sure this post was to give the poster a tips on how to identify fake and original BB, why xchanging of numbers and emails?

business men, lipsrsealed
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by ngozianu(m): 4:57am On Dec 03, 2011
Foolish young Nigerians, the money you all spend individually to buy blackberry(both used and new) is enough to start your personal sales business to stop complaining of unemployment,poverty and hardship.
I started selling usb pen drives,memory cards,phone batteries and other accessories with N20K 3 years ago after my NYSC, Now i have a gsm phone shop in computer village,three sales persons, i make a profit of over N300K monthly, i own my own house and i am married.
All my friends who were looking for WHITE COLLAR high paying jobs in BANKS,OIL &GAS COMPANIES were all laughing at me when i started,now some of them are begging to employ them and they are using BB worth N30K-N70K just to show off that they belong.

BB is very useless, sell it now and start your business PERIOD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by lexander(m): 4:58am On Dec 03, 2011
There re many differences between china blackberry n d original but i'll just give one. Only original blackberries have a PIN n only original blackberries work with d blackberry messenger
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by ziccoit: 6:18am On Dec 03, 2011
ngozianu:

Foolish young Nigerians, the money you all spend individually to buy blackberry(both used and new) is enough to start your personal sales business to stop complaining of unemployment,poverty and hardship.
I started selling usb pen drives,memory cards,phone batteries and other accessories with N20K 3 years ago after my NYSC, Now i have a gsm phone shop in computer village,three sales persons, i make a profit of over N300K monthly, i own my own house and i am married.
All my friends who were looking for WHITE COLLAR high paying jobs in BANKS,OIL &GAS COMPANIES were all laughing at me when i started,now some of them are begging to employ them and they are using BB worth N30K-N70K just to show off that they belong.

Money does not and can never give satisfaction in life. Raking in millions a month would be useless if eventually u are living a sad person. If own a BB is one of those things that would bring out that happiness in you, pls go for it within the affordable resource at your disposal. Condemning things like this is a weak attempt at being a wise man.

1 Like

Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by Odunnu: 6:57am On Dec 03, 2011
ngozianu:

ever heard of the word 'destiny?' thank God for you.
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by Odunnu: 6:58am On Dec 03, 2011
ngozianu:

Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by Odunnu: 6:58am On Dec 03, 2011
ngozianu:

Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by stunna2(m): 7:57am On Dec 03, 2011
sorry dude: 1) BBs are designed and made near my house here in the Tdot and ive never seen a fake one before and so, have no clue how the fake one look like, so i cant really be of help!

2) ive never really own a BB b4 as i am an iPhone guy

3) and yes, a lady friend here just got duped on the streets the other day by dudes who showed her an iphone 4S 32gig look alike, i tried the best i can to describe mine to her but she parted with $160 or N25,000.00 on the spot, and the phone fell from her hand the next day and it came apart! she called me n i said ur iphone broke, ive 2 of it and they fall down but never breaks!
anyways, she went to show it to technicians who told her, oh, this is not real iphone!

yes, there r fake everything out there, be careful with ur hard earned money
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 03, 2011
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by stunna2(m): 8:34am On Dec 03, 2011
greateros:

They will not understand u - They will think you are from the old stock!

I made similar steps like yours after graduation. Now majority of my mates are still seeking employment [some of them are on nairaland & knows me in person] while am blessed with 17 employees working for me and the least among them earning not less than N40k and the highest earning N157k all on the business i started with N89k six years ago!

Believe me my dear its not any shi-t destiny! its determination and mindset!

yup, asked my lil nephew what business was good after he graduated from university, his response?? only yahoo yahoo business is good now in nigeria: and i have never been so disappointed in my life when i hear that from him, the only one i thought would go far -after a degree in engineering! ive said loud and clear here that the problem with nigeria is not the government but nigerians and the way they think, after all the people in government r nigerians themselves! yes, if all you have in the world is N50,000 pls dont spent all of that on a BB! i have an iphone because i can make and save the $1000 or N150,000 for a new iphone in a week! so, my young boys and girls heed the sound advice above, stay blessed
Re: Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! by otokx(m): 8:54am On Dec 03, 2011
nice thread, rekindling the entrepreneural skills of nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos / Which Network Provider Disturbs With Promotional Messages The Most? / See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.