Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Relocating To France - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To France (1015 Views)

Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? / Stop Going To France To Study If You Are Not Finacially Okay: My Personal Story / Relocating To Ghana: Kumasi Or Accra Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To France by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 26, 2023
I'm moving to France in a month. Lyon to be exact. What can I expect? Moving for work and have a good paying job but I don't speak French and I know little of the culture.
Re: Relocating To France by habsydiamond(m): 5:23am On Mar 26, 2023
DrAbdulSuleman:
I'm moving to France in a month. Lyon to be exact. What can I expect? Moving for work and have a good paying job but I don't speak French and I know little of the culture.
as long as u can speak English perfectly u are good to go.. most French people have English as their second language so u will still be able to communicate but don't expect everything to be easy at first. It will take sometime before everything will be like how u want cos there is no perfect country.. just keep working hard and God will see you through.

6 Likes

Re: Relocating To France by hunee: 7:18am On Mar 26, 2023
Congratulations.
Please advise the general on best jobs on demand in France.
We will like to hear your input.
stay lifted.
DrAbdulSuleman:
Re: Relocating To France by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 26, 2023
hunee:
Congratulations.
Please advise the general on best jobs on demand in France.
We will like to hear your input.
stay lifted.

There are quite a few jobs on demand in France especially in the tech sector and food industry.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To France by hunee: 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2023
DrAbdulSuleman:

There are quite a few jobs on demand in France especially in the tech sector and food industry.

Food as in. Details please.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Relocating To France by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:44pm On Mar 26, 2023
Lyon is a very big city so start taking French Lessons ASAP with apps such as DUOLINGO etc because although Lyon is a very big student city filled with unis etc... most French people are really bad in English (contrary to what above poster said) and even if they understand English, they will answer you in French.

i suggest you try your best to get local friends and acquaintance so that you can learn the French culture and get better in your language learning.

4 Likes

Re: Relocating To France by Nobody: 4:50am On Mar 27, 2023
hunee:

Food as in. Details please.

Thanks

Chef

Restauranteur

(1) (Reply)

US Visa Date / Great Video About The Making Of The Obudu Cable Car / Poverty Rate In The United States Goes To 13%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.