Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Learning Igbo Language Online? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Learning Igbo Language Online? (11035 Views)

Igbo learning thread + Translator / Igbo Language And Nigerian Pidgin / Igbos That Cannot Speak Igbo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning Igbo Language Online? by niceuzor: 11:41pm On Sep 01, 2007
cry i felt like Crying Seeing IGBO people Speaking Igbo language & i don't understand them

please can anyone in the House Help me Out i want to learn it Online here in this Forum!

I'm Opening this Trend for me myself & i if you want to join come in

you re welcome!!!

~Teach me~

Cheers cry
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by echelon(m): 2:46am On Sep 02, 2007
Check out this website:

http://uwandiigbo.com/wb/

,  I believe you can take off from there, they've got some structure.

Jisie ike ooo (Be strong)
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by niceuzor: 2:59am On Sep 02, 2007
echelon - Wow!!! Thanks Very much

i found the site very interesting!!!!

But can i add you to my buddy?
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by echelon(m): 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2007
its Ok.
I'm not an expert on the language but I'm a Native speaker grin
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by younghoodi(m): 5:02pm On Sep 02, 2007
that language is so strong before u learn it u gotta be clever.

2 Likes

Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by chiogo(f): 6:21pm On Sep 02, 2007
lol, yeah, it is 'cause different states got different ways of sayin' same stuff, it's confusin' sometimes, that i can't really speak igbo, i combine it with english 'cause most words like objects e.g table, idk how it's said in igbo, even if i knew, it's probably long so my siblings and i speak engli-igbo. lol
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by echelon(m): 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2007
younghoodi:

that language is so strong before u learn it u gotta be clever.
Not necessarily. You've gotta be "committed" not "clever"

chiogo:

lol, yeah, it is 'cause different states got different ways of sayin' same stuff, it's confusin' sometimes, that i can't really speak igbo, i combine it with english 'cause most words like objects e.g table, idk how it's said in igbo, even if i knew, it's probably long so my siblings and i speak engli-igbo. lol
This is so because Igbo has many dialects (some of which are mutually unintelligible, e.g. I'm from Anambra but I don't understand Abakiliki Igbo from Ebonyi state). That is why Onwu orthography was agreed upon to provide "Igbo Izugbe" (ie. general igbo) so that new comers can find it easier.

@Chiogo
Improvisation is also allowed so table may be called "tebulu" just as cyberspace can be called "amasaiba".

where there is the will, there is the way
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by chiogo(f): 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2007
Yeah, u're right. I know - "tebulu" with an igbo accent. LOL. I'm from Anambra too and some times, I don't understand the Imo/Abia dialect. Enugu's dialect is generally similar to ours.
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by echelon(m): 7:35pm On Sep 02, 2007
Well, I'm opportuned that I can always ask my dad or grand parents what the name of some things in Igbo are if I don't know.
That's why I'm learning Igbo so that I can be there for my children grin

Our language must not die!

Igbo ga-adi!
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by moimeself: 4:40am On Jul 16, 2011
i would love to learn an dunderstan dIgbo,am new here can anyone help?
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by africhika(f): 3:41am On Jul 17, 2011
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by moimeself: 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2011
does these site work or help in anyway?hw gud r u wit this Igbo thing?
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by moimeself: 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2011
if u dont mind we can chat thru ma email.am really eager to learn Igbo its a MUST dat i learn it r even understand
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by flexmoney(m): 3:05am On Jul 19, 2011
moimeself:

if u dont mind we can chat thru ma email.am really eager to learn Igbo its a MUST dat i learn it r even understand
niceuzor:

echelon - Wow!!! Thanks Very much

i found the site very interesting!!!!

But can i add you to my buddy?
moimeself:

does these site work or help in anyway?hw gud r u wit this Igbo thing?

i really need to lean too
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by moimeself: 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2011
ok dats cool with me
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by blank(f): 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2011
The links are not working!!!
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by s3nn2x(m): 11:26pm On Jul 23, 2011
It seems I am not the only one that cannot speak or even understand the language. The problem with Nigerians and fellow Igbo brothers is that when they find out that you vannot speak igbo, they will distance themselves from you and you would be regarded as an outcast, they will not deem it fit to even put you thru in the language, all they know is just to insult you. I served in bayelsa state and where i was posted to, they were mostly igbos and yoruba, being that i grew up in lagos and that I understand more of Yoruba, i related with the yoruba more because the Igbos did not consider me as their brothers. if they were counting igbo there they will not include me and if they we also counting yoruba i would not be included, I was seen more as an outcast. that was why that thruout my stay in that place i was nt really close to any igbo person until in the last few months that i was in the place.
I have tried to learn the language, I find it very difficult to understand the language and to pronounce some words even when I had a corper tutor in that place, everyday, i went to his house and he put me thru in the basic igbo, I was tought for about 4 months and the guy had to stop putting me thru, he was of the opinion that i have not shown any sign of learning the language. it is not my fault, i made it a point to duty to read the igbo books i had and the lesson note he gave me, but it did not seem to enter. As at the moment i am very disgouraged to learn the language based on the insults i do receive from fellow Igbo brothers and my inability to retain igbo words. Does anybody have a solution, all those websites that people are puttin gon this thred are plain useless, Is there anywhere we can get a software or application on igbo language so we can be able to learn it. I REALLY WANT OT LEARN THE LANGUAGE.

1 Like

Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by fingard02k(m): 11:15am On Jul 24, 2011
all you need is here you can ask question and we are all ready to assist you https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-260225.0.html
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by s3nn2x(m): 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2011
okay
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by englishadaeze(f): 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2012
im a uk english white gal, an i love da igbo language, im learning very fast n i love txting my di back in nigeria da igbo, haha he is was so amazed dat i jus txted him AH FU GI ANAYA (i love you) i have a notebook book full ov igbo laungauge dat ive learned online, but i jus got learn how to talk in tounge now, i love nigeria such a beautiful country, i love your family values n how u r so caring to others, nigeria is in ma heart foreva with a passion

1 Like

Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by ifyalways(f): 8:46pm On Mar 06, 2012
^Aww English Adaeze,what a brave girl you are! Even the name you choose for yourself is cool.I pray your love never goes sour,Isee.

A lil'correction though,its "A huru m gi n'anya" and you can also add,"I na-amasi m oge nile" for special effects.The latter means,I always long for/desire you"
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by englishadaeze(f): 9:08pm On Mar 06, 2012
dalu girl cheesy eyi i thought english-adaeze was good name to he calls me his adaeze everyday, dalu for da blessin in our love i cant wait till he comes an visits in a few months time, am so happy i have met him, if you wan add me on facebook girl its www.facebook.com/sexybitccch love meetin new people n chattin loads smiley kodi for now
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by deco2come: 6:21am On Mar 07, 2012
For those that want to learn Igbo Online, check out our new website www.umuigbo.com. A lot has been going on on the site. Right now, we focus on bringing the site to live. Adding more topics. You can also check out our new Igbo Online Dictionary. By the end of April, we will have a lot of Igbo musics for you to enjoy, English-Igbo-Dictionary for you to check words and impress your love ones, Complete Igbo Phrase and also give you the option to request a phrase which you would like us to translate for you. And other interesting topics. Stay tune
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2015
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by Ladybfoods: 10:17am On May 01, 2016
Welcome to the Centre of Igbo Language studies.A group of enthusiastic igbo teachers with the mission of promoting the igbo language

and culture.Unfortunately many igbos in diaspora do not know how to speak their native language due to 2 main reasons

1) Igbo language is not taught in their schools,an example of such practice is for residents of Lagos state where yoruba is taught
2) Due to the challenges of work many parents have little or no time to educate their children in igbo language
3) Parents who always use english in communicating with their children

The end result will be a new generation of igbo youths who cannot speak their native language.Have you had that feeling being in the midst of your own kinsmen and everyone is comfortable communicating in the igbo language and you just keep mute.

Or an instance where you are being addressed in the igbo language and you always respond in English,which prompts questions as if truly your are an igbo person.Sometimes when being asked where you are from you completely deny being igbo because you dont want to start explaining why you do not understand the igbo language because you definitely know that the next statement you will hear is ah! so you are my brother/sister and then the person changes from speaking english to the igbo language

We have a 6 months (weekends only ) intensive igbo language traning programme which will enable you write and speak the igbo language fluently.We have included all the most important topics which will enable you learn at a fast pace..We have experienced,well trained,professional teachers who will educate you and at the end of our 6 months programme you must have a mastery of the igbo language.

There is no more excuse of saying
'my mamma say i be igbo' 'my papa say i be igbo' Contact us today to begin our classes.

Duration: 6 months (weekends only)
Tuition: 50,000 Naira
Tel: 07068410532
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by naijabby110: 7:20am On Apr 04, 2017
How long does it take to learn igbo... i know small small things but since i was born in america and my parents never really taught me i don't know what to do. help pls?! Need help with pidgin too undecided
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by dprsauce: 7:32am On Feb 07, 2019
Still exists? Many are interested.
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 08, 2019
I highly recommend this Instagram handle @akwukwo

And you can also download their Igboforkids app on play store. It's for kids but it will serve well for beginners too.
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 26, 2020
Re: Learning Igbo Language Online? by surrogatesng: 11:38am On Apr 26, 2021
Learn igbo language effortlessly with our igbo audio tutorials.You can play on your phone or your mp3 player at your convinience.Learn at your pace.Guaranteed results after 3 monthsTo order call or whatsapp 07067866986,07068410532

(1) (Reply)

History 101- Who Was Sango (oba Koso) / My Wife-To-Be Is An "Osu" / Deji Of Akure Dies At 63

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.