Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,196 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

What If We Don't Live Long Enough? A Realistic Approach To Life's Challenges - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What If We Don't Live Long Enough? A Realistic Approach To Life's Challenges (269 Views)

Reason. Why We Don't Put Alcohol Inside Plastic Bottle! / Dead Woman In Morturay Comes Back To Life In UNIBEN Anatomy Class (VIDEO) / Abia Students To Ikpeazu: Reduce Our School Fees, We Don't Need The N30k Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What If We Don't Live Long Enough? A Realistic Approach To Life's Challenges by Olasenikehinde(f): 3:34pm On Mar 29, 2023
Growing up, I suffered from a chronic fear of death. I wasn’t just scared or worried about it; I was terrified. I chose instead to bury my strength under the terror of my imagination than to figure out the cause of my fears and find a way to face them. I was enslaved to my thoughts.

It was a tragic experience for me to see people with their beds underground, watching them bid farewell to the rest of us without ever looking back. Seeing them lose the survival game with so many goals, dreams, great ideas, passion, and synergy became more frightening than death itself. I began to perceive death as a fearless monster, audacious enough to challenge great dreams and brutal enough to destroy them all. The mysteries surrounding death began to raise several questions for which I had no answers.

I used to know a young and vibrant guy during my college preparation. He was one of the most brilliant, energetic, and peaceful people I’ve met. Everything was amazing and productive until I travelled for a month. Upon my return, I realized the environment had changed. People had travelled, including my friend, but in his case, it was to a land of no return. I heard he had passed away suddenly due to a headache, and I began to wonder how death could have had so little regard for his ambitions and peacefulness. How could it convince life to halt such great potential? I was so mad at life for letting him slip so early and letting such a trivial occurrence break him.

My perspective towards life began to change. I began to take relationships a little more seriously and place more value on people’s time and attention. I was pressing forward, hopeful that I wouldn’t have to experience such things anymore, but life can have some surprises we never look forward to seeing.

Four years ago, my dad was one of the most energetic men alive. He was alive, healthy, hopeful, and passionate about his goals. Helping others was his purpose in life, and he contributed positively to the lives of the people around him. Unfortunately, something surprising happened in 2019, and life humbled him. After he passed away, some of the people who shared their grievances also passed away the following year. It’s shocking, but I’ve come to realize that life is full of surprises and doesn’t take fear into account in any of its situations.

However, I discovered that growth becomes difficult when there’s a lack of courage, and that prompted me to start facing my fears. So, rather than being terrified by death, I began to ask myself this practical question: "What if I don’t stay long enough?" I understand that while fear can help make certain careful decisions, it is destructive enough to spur drawbacks and never solves any existing problem. If I hide under the terror of fear, I wouldn’t just be a slave to my imagination; I could spend my life unhappy and unfulfilled.
Being practical made me so interested in living a life with meaning and spending worthwhile time during my life journey. Fulfilment began to entice me, and as a result, I found purpose very interesting.

Apart from people suffering from terminal illnesses, there’s no insight into when we’re going to transition into the unknown world. Rather than wallowing in self-pity, why not determine how we can make our time here memorable? Rather than being terrified, we can choose to stay positive, purposeful, and productive. Although we may not be responsible for certain events, we can choose how we react to them. We can choose to make history out of this mystery of humanity.

Looking back on the past and remembering the fallen, ambitious, selfless, peaceful, and energetic heroes, and how death welcomed them to the unknown world made me realize how weird life can be. We live in a world where both good and bad people face life's challenges, where death has no regard for how we treat humanity, and where "rain falls on both the good and the bad."
We should always strive to improve and excel at what we do without being selfishly progressive. We should aspire to make humanity better, invest our knowledge in something creative, and give a return to humanity in the form of a legacy.

People die with so many unwritten books, unpublished research, uncreated innovations, and great ideas that follow them to the underworld. That is why it is said that "The graveyard is the richest place on earth" _ Les Brown. it is a place filled with so many great dreams and brilliant ideas that were not executed.

Get to think about it this way: What would happen to your purpose if you don’t grow that old? Who would live it for you? Then start that podcast, start that blog, start that community, start that business, write that book, eat that healthy food worthy of your last meal, show love to others all the time without waiting for special occasions, and never keep those appreciative words until their funerals. Travel to that country and do whatever drives you to make the world a better place. Face your fears, thrive, and accomplish great things while appreciating small gains, because none of us would leave this world alive.

The reality is that there’s never a perfect time to get started, it can only be now. Truly, you may never get old, but you can make every moment count and be fulfilled by what you do now. So, rather than wasting your time doing unproductive things, invest that time into your purpose, because, in the end, tomorrow is not promised.

To continue reading practical solutions like this, visit this link https://store.okadabooks.com/book/about/illumination/52406 to read more for free.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Calculate Frequency And Frequency In Numerical Variables In Excel / 15years Old Boy Achieve A New Record For Jamb Highest Scored / 10 Countries That Pay Fresh Graduates The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.