Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame (14876 Views)

Wayne Rooney, Patrick Vieira Inducted Into PL 2022 Hall Of Fame (video, Pics) / Sir Alex Ferguson Gives Arsene Wenger A Vase On His Last Game At Old Trafford / Petr Cech Reveals Major Difference Between Jose Mourinho And Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by Racoon(m): 5:56am On Mar 30, 2023
Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and ex-Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger have been inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame. Ferguson, 81, is the most successful manager in Premier League history with a record 13 titles.

Wenger won three league titles during his 22-year spell in charge of the Gunners. The Frenchman led Arsenal's "Invincibles" to an unbeaten league-winning season in 2003-04.

Ferguson and Wenger are the first two managers to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame launched in 2021 with David Beckham, Dennis Bergkamp, Eric Cantona, Thierry Henry, Roy Keane, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Alan Shearer the inaugural inductees.

Last year, Sergio Aguero, Didier Drogba, Vincent Kompany, Wayne Rooney, Peter Schmeichel, Paul Scholes, Patrick Vieira and Ian Wright were added.

Ferguson, who managed Manchester United from 1986 until 2013, won three league titles in a row on two separate occasions.

"It's an honour when you receive recognition like this," he said. "However, it's not just about me as a person.
It's about the job at Manchester United and the bond we had over many years, so I'm also proud for the club, the staff and my players.

"My job was to send the fans home happy. United's history and my own expectations were the things that drove me."

Wenger, 73, arrived as one of the Premier League's first foreign managers in 1996 and won the league in his first full season at Arsenal.

"I'd like to be known as someone who loved Arsenal, who respected the values of the club and left it in a position where it can grow and become even bigger," Wenger said.

"To share this with Sir Alex is a great honour for me. It's like two boxers, you fight like mad and go the distance together.

"At the end of the day, you have respect and it will be a great opportunity to meet with him, share a good bottle of wine and memories of our old battles."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65072430

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by Racoon(m): 5:58am On Mar 30, 2023
Many congratulations guys. Your are all GOATs of your era. Meanwhile, where is Murinho to be mocking Arsene Wenger again?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by OJEEMAH(m): 6:09am On Mar 30, 2023
Well deserved.

19 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by Corridon: 6:22am On Mar 30, 2023
Mourinho should be next. Man revolutionized the premier league. He was the one that drew the attention of the world to it.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by insidelife22(m): 6:39am On Mar 30, 2023
Well deserved.
Wenger na better coach.
But Ferguson na legend.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by Quest7777: 6:48am On Mar 30, 2023
Well deserved, not stolen. cool

Their great rivalry spiced up the EPL then. đź‘Ť

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by OJEEMAH(m): 6:57am On Mar 30, 2023
Corridon:
Mourinho should be next. Man revolutionized the premier league. He was the one that drew the attention of the world to it.
Please don’t say this outside NL. Wenger changed English football……Do you know what it means to win 3 EPL in Fergie’s era?

If not for Wenger, Fergie would have turned EPL to bundes liga & Ligue One.

With slim purse and tight budget, Wenger wrestled EPL 3 good times from Fergie.

If you don’t know, Fergie’s Man U was the only team that could compete financially with heavyweights like Man U and Barcelona.

Fergie/Man United broke British records severally to sign Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand and many others cos there was enough to spend.

The 22million pounds arsenal received from Madrid for Anelka, Wenger spent it on 3 players.

Mourinho enjoyed the fame and attention EPL was attracting at the time. There’s no doubt added some color to the league but don’t say he revolutionized the premier league.

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by Corridon: 7:07am On Mar 30, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Please don’t say this outside NL. Wenger changed English football……Do you know what it means to win 3 EPL in Fergie’s era?

If not for Wenger, Fergie would have turned EPL to bundes liga & Ligue One.

With slim purse and tight budget, Wenger wrestled EPL 3 good times from Fergie.

If you don’t know, Fergie’s Man U was the only team that could compete financially with heavyweights like Man U and Barcelona.

Man United broke British records to sign Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand and many others cos there was enough to spend.

Mourinho enjoyed the fame and attention EPL was attracting at the time. There’s no doubt added some color to the league but don’t say he revolutionized the premier league.

You don't get it. How many people watches EPL before Mourinho came on board? Talking about Wenger winning the title in Fergie's era, Didn't Mourinho win the EPL back to back when both Wenger and Fergie were still around? Even winning the title with many records broken on the way. Who was the boss of London football between Wenger and Jose? And lastly, did I argue in my first post that Wenger didn't deserve the Hall of Fame? I said that Mourinho should be the next or do you want both Fergie and Wenger to be the only manager inductees?

47 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by Corridon: 7:10am On Mar 30, 2023
Racoon:
Many congratulations guys. Your are all GOATs of your era. Meanwhile, where is Murinho to be mocking Arsene Wenger again?
Calm down. Mourinho will be the next inductee. Fergie and Wenger were there before him and also older than him so they should be inducted before him too.

8 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by fourboys: 7:20am On Mar 30, 2023
Corridon:
nawa oo

3 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by OJEEMAH(m): 8:22am On Mar 30, 2023
Corridon:
You don't get it. How many people watches EPL before Mourinho came on board? Talking about Wenger winning the title in Fergie's era, Didn't Mourinho win the EPL back to back when both Wenger and Fergie were still around? Even winning the title with many records broken on the way. Who was the boss of London football between Wenger and Jose? And lastly, did I argue in my first post that Wenger didn't deserve the Hall of Fame? I said that Mourinho should be the next or do you want both Fergie and Wenger to be the only manager inductees?

Like I said earlier, Mourinho joined Chelsea at a time the league was gaining so much attention and fame.

Mourinho didn’t sell EPL to the world. As a matter of fact, he benefited from the fame and glamour the league was getting from the press.

As much as I agree EPL gained many supporters during that time, it is not enough to say Mourinho revolutionized EPL.

Before Mourinho’s arrival in 2004, Arsenal and Man United had many fans in Nigeria. Most Chelsea fans once supported arsenal especially because of Kanu Nwankwo.

Mourinho did win back to back EPL. Mourinho got 💯 financial support from the Russian billionaire. He snatched Robben and Mikel from Man U. Brought Cavalho and Ferreira from Porto….got Drogba and Essien. Lampard, Terry, Duff, Makalele, J cole and were EPL runners up under Ranieri. Chelsea even got to EPL semis after knocking arsenal out in the quarter final.

Chelsea was in transition before Mourinho and it’s all because of Abrahamovic’s wealth.

Chelsea financial strength came at a time when most teams were struggling to spend reasonable sum in the transfer market. This made it easy to break into the big 4 at the time.

Do you really think Mourinho would have been able to compete with Fergie and Wenger if not for Abrahamovic’s financial backing?

I am not disputing whether Mou should be the next inductee or not. In fact, he should be cos he deserves it. I am simply against the notion that he revolutionized EPL.

If you began to watch EPL from 2004 or 2005, you may not really understand my point.

By boss of London, you mean?

42 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by Sizwezi: 10:21am On Mar 30, 2023
Corridon:

To Fergie and Wenger , well deserved.

Mourinho would be inducted for sure .

Mourinho revolutionizing premier league ? No, not in its entirety , but played a part to it . I’d say Wenger did more. From spending less, to style of play, to grooming of players, winning with style , even down to scouting.

As for who is better between both of em , definitely Mourinho. Trophies , Tactics , Winning Mentality etc.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by OJEEMAH(m): 10:35am On Mar 30, 2023
Sizwezi:

To Fergie and Wenger , well deserved.

Mourinho would be inducted for sure .

Mourinho revolutionizing premier league ? No, not in its entirety , but played a part to it . I’d say Wenger did more. From spending less, to style of play, to grooming of players, winning with style , even down to scouting.

As for who is better between both of em , definitely Mourinho. Trophies , Tactics , Winning Mentality etc.
đź’Żâś…

4 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by Corridon: 10:42am On Mar 30, 2023
OJEEMAH:

Like I said earlier, Mourinho joined Chelsea at a time the league was gaining so much attention and fame.

Mourinho didn’t sell EPL to the world. As a matter of fact, he benefited from the fame and glamour the league was getting from the press.

As much as I agree EPL gained many supporters during that time, it is not enough to say Mourinho revolutionized EPL.

Before Mourinho’s arrival in 2004, Arsenal and Man United had many fans in Nigeria. Most Chelsea fans once supported arsenal especially because of Kanu Nwankwo.

Mourinho did win back to back EPL. Mourinho got 💯 financial support from the Russian billionaire. He snatched Robben and Mikel from Man U. Brought Cavalho and Ferreira from Porto….got Drogba and Essien. Lampard, Terry, Duff, Makalele, J cole and were EPL runners up under Ranieri. Chelsea even got to EPL semis after knocking arsenal out in the quarter final.

Chelsea was in transition before Mourinho and it’s all because of Abrahamovic’s wealth.

Chelsea financial strength came at a time when most teams were struggling to spend reasonable sum in the transfer market. This made it easy to break into the big 4 at the time.

Do you really think Mourinho would have been able to compete with Fergie and Wenger if not for Abrahamovic’s financial backing?

I am not disputing whether Mou should be the next inductee or not. In fact, he should be cos he deserves it. I am simply against the notion that he revolutionized EPL.

If you began to watch EPL from 2004 or 2005, you may not really understand my point.

By boss of London, you mean?

I mean who dominated between Mou and Wenger in London derby?
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by SoftP(m): 10:46am On Mar 30, 2023
Why wait this long to induct great Icons like this!
Long overdue

6 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by Rapmoney(m): 10:46am On Mar 30, 2023
Great men!

Long live Manchester United!!!

3 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by lavylilly: 10:46am On Mar 30, 2023
wink
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by QueenGrede: 10:46am On Mar 30, 2023
K
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by CHIOMAEZEH: 10:46am On Mar 30, 2023
Great men
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by Bobloco: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2023
Quest7777:
Well[b] deserved, not stolen[/b]. cool

Their great rivalry spiced up the EPL then. đź‘Ť

grin grin grin grin
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by Gibson07: 10:52am On Mar 30, 2023
hmmm
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by Redooki: 10:53am On Mar 30, 2023
Are you struggling to land your dream job or get into your desired graduate school? Allow Services to help you stand out from the crowd with our professional CV revamping, Statement of Purpose, and Cover Letter services.

4 Likes

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by 9jabreed01: 10:53am On Mar 30, 2023
Ok
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by Lanretoye(m): 10:53am On Mar 30, 2023
Maybe by years of consistent service but if na by achievements,arsenal fans should talk for wenger cos as it stands now,arteta is giving more joy than wenger.even though small HBP still Dey.
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by Goodlady(f): 10:55am On Mar 30, 2023
Well deserved. Mourinho nko?
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by sageb: 10:55am On Mar 30, 2023
Racoon:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65072430

congratulations to the legendary duo

1 Like

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson And Arsene Wenger Inducted Into Premier League Hall Of Fame by Timoleon(m): 10:55am On Mar 30, 2023
Deserved.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NPFL: Kano Pillars Vs Shooting Stars (4 - 0) On 16th August 2015 / Victor Osimhen Wins Best African Player At Ghana Football Awards (Video) / This Saturday Pool Banker Draws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.