Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,735 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Is She Legally Married? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Is She Legally Married? (1091 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is She Legally Married? by ademiller(f): 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2011
A man dint pay a lady's dowry. Dere was a church weddin but he dint pay a dime. D lady's dad did everytin.r dey married?
Re: Is She Legally Married? by ademiller(f): 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2011
D fada of d lady paid for d marriag cert. n expenses for d church wedding. The guy dint spend a cent even for his suit
Re: Is She Legally Married? by Dyt(f): 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2011
N do u nid v slpness nyts ova dat?
Re: Is She Legally Married? by ademiller(f): 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2011
Oh yes i do cos d lady is me nd the guy claims he is legally married to me which i strongly oppose.
Re: Is She Legally Married? by ademiller(f): 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2011
I needed advice nd contribution from matured experienced minds so r u contributing or not
Re: Is She Legally Married? by Dyt(f): 8:17pm On Sep 19, 2011
U mean ur dad actually gave u out huh?
Now i c clearly y he did dat
old lady get it in2 ur nt usin brain
u r married 2 him eida way
Re: Is She Legally Married? by ademiller(f): 8:23pm On Sep 19, 2011
Wow such an immature reply. U had to insult me which clearly states dat ur under twelve. Who borrowed ur brain?
Re: Is She Legally Married? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 19, 2011
@poster
it doesnt matter WHO paid for the wedding: YOU ARE LEGALLY MARRIED TO THIS GUY.
Re: Is She Legally Married? by ademiller(f): 8:27pm On Sep 19, 2011
Bein d slowpoke u r i dont tink i can tell u how my dad had to do it. I nid to talk to a matured human first. Go play ur PS
Re: Is She Legally Married? by Dyt(f): 8:39pm On Sep 19, 2011
Now u soundin lyk u v got a head
n get it stucked in dere imbec1le
u r married 2 him
*btw hook me up wit ur dad*
Re: Is She Legally Married? by ademiller(f): 4:53pm On Sep 20, 2011
Dont u ave one? R u dat desperate noin i wouldnt even involve u wit him?All ur replies r as stupid as u r. Sheet brain
Re: Is She Legally Married? by ademiller(f): 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2011
@brown jay,bible says if u dont pay dowry d lady aint ur wife n d church askd if he paid we said dat same day he will
Re: Is She Legally Married? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 20, 2011
^many people dont pay dowry and are still LEGALLY married IN THE CHURCH because we all know there are many different types of marriages out there. you should accept defeat as you cannot win this one, not in church, not in court.
if he hadnt pay your dowry then you shouldnt have continue with marriage proceedings, if you did then the fault is all on YOU and your family but you cannot change the fact that you guys are LEGALLY married.

here is a very important CLUE that you seem to have overlooked: YOU HAVE A MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE!!!!!
Re: Is She Legally Married? by ademiller(f): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2011
If one wanna dissolve d marriage is it possible? How can one go about it? By burning the certificate?
Re: Is She Legally Married? by Dyt(f): 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2011
Gd u know wat 2 do
brn up d certificate
ode
Re: Is She Legally Married? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 20, 2011
@Ademiller
no wonder Dyt is making fun of you, your questions are just out of this world.
let me ask you:
- if you burn your car registration, will it suddenly become someone else's car?
- if you burn the C of O of your home, will it suddenly not be yours any longer?
- or better yet, if your burn the birth certificate of your children, will they automatically become orphan?

you need to LEGALLY divorce this man, there are no two ways about it!!!!!
Re: Is She Legally Married? by Maynekky(f): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2011
Please let the guy pay the bride price, that is the only ground on which he can be said to be legally married.
Re: Is She Legally Married? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2011
^^are you saying that all the people married in church (who didnt have a traditional marriage) are NOT legally married?!
Re: Is She Legally Married? by manalejo(m): 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2011
I believed you are legally married to this man, either he pays your bride price or not. Marriage is actually the agreement between the two of you.

For example, the Bible did not tell us if Joseph paid bride price on Mary (The Mother Of Jesus) or not. But the Bible calls Mary Joseph's wife, when he was contemplating on leaving her after the Holy ghost overshadowed her and was pregnant.

So My sister, i don't know what punches you are pulling on this. What matter most is if LOVE really exist between the two of you. However you can encourage him to pay if that is what you want.

But frankly speaking, you are legally married to him.
Re: Is She Legally Married? by claremont(m): 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2011
ademiller:

A man dint pay a lady's dowry. Dere was a church weddin but he dint pay a dime. D lady's dad did everytin.r dey married?
Do you have any legal document mutually signed by the both of you which proves that you are married to him?! If you do, you are indeed legally married to him; but if you don't, you are NOT married to him. The mere fact that the both of you went to church, mosque, or any other religious institution to conduct a wedding ceremony doesn't translate to a marriage in legal terms, quote me anywhere!

If you do have a legally binding proper Nigerian marriage certificate (the one with coat of arms, not the coloured paper issued in the church), you are legally married to him; the only way out of it is to file for divorce. You can file for divorce in Nigeria, or in a country where you are ordinarily resident. Some countries like Haiti, and Dominica Republic also offer "quickie" 24 hour divorces, you can Google it up, good luck!
Re: Is She Legally Married? by ademiller(f): 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2011
Clairemont ur my kind of human being u jus gave me my ansa. Unlike sum foolish posters insultn demselves. Thanks alot
Re: Is She Legally Married? by mikeywise(m): 3:43pm On Oct 04, 2011
@ poster, my answer to ur question is YES and NO. yes if the church u people wedded has the license to conduct marriage nd no if the church doesnt have de license to do dat.you can only go to court for divorce if nd only if that church is licensed or if u had a court wedding (other wise known as marriage by the ACT).
Dats my take on the issue. But poster, i think u should know how to talk to people, all u seek is an advice nd u should go about dat without name calling nd bad mouthing. I wish u all the best
Re: Is She Legally Married? by ademiller(f): 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2011
My brother i sought d advice nd dyt was being nasty. But we r friends now anyways nd tanks for dis info im grateful
Re: Is She Legally Married? by MrsChima1(f): 12:30am On Oct 07, 2011
Traditional marriage will not be recognize in the court of legality however traditional marriage is cultural bonding in the village/town of which it is applicable to.

If you got married in Magistrate court then therefore you are legally bond to the man.
Re: Is She Legally Married? by tpia5: 12:31am On Oct 07, 2011
Traditional marriage will not be recognize in the court of legality

in the west maybe.

however, in africa traditional marriage is recognized in the courts.
Re: Is She Legally Married? by MrsChima1(f): 1:19am On Oct 07, 2011
As I stated traditional marriage is recognized in the town/village where it is applicable to.

America isn't the only country that requires magistrate court license/certificate for legality purposes.
Re: Is She Legally Married? by tpia5: 2:51am On Oct 07, 2011
^and like[b] I[/b] stated [i'm nigerian], traditional marriage is recognized in africa.

in the west, maybe you do not consider traditional marriage valid, but africa is not the west.

you dont have to argue this point with me, thanks.

marriage licenses are a relatively new thing in most of africa. ie in the last 50 or 100 years or even less.

my grandmas were both illiterates so you mean to tell me their marriages werent valid?
Re: Is She Legally Married? by MrsChima1(f): 4:35am On Oct 07, 2011
tpia@:

^and like[b] I[/b] stated [i'm nigerian], traditional marriage is recognized in africa.

in the west, maybe you do not consider traditional marriage valid, but africa is not the west.

you dont have to argue this point with me, thanks.

marriage licenses are a relatively new thing in most of africa. ie in the last 50 or 100 years or even less.

my grandmas were both illiterates so you mean to tell me their marriages werent valid?

How can it be an argument when you saying the same thing I am saying?     Only difference is you just added more words.   undecided

This is what I said:
traditional marriage is recognized in the town/village where it is applicable to. 

This is what you said:
[i'm nigerian], traditional marriage is recognized in africa.  in the west, maybe you do not consider traditional marriage valid, but africa is not the west.

Get it now? undecided undecided
Re: Is She Legally Married? by ademiller(f): 5:14pm On Oct 07, 2011
Traditional marriage is recognised in d catholic church nd i dint marry d guy in a court.im not bound to the guy at all
Re: Is She Legally Married? by tpia5: 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

How can it be an argument when you saying the same thing I am saying?     Only difference is you just added more words.   undecided

This is what I said:
traditional marriage is recognized in the town/village where it is applicable to. 

This is what you said:
[i'm nigerian], traditional marriage is recognized in africa.  in the west, maybe you do not consider traditional marriage valid, but africa is not the west.

Get it now? undecided undecided

i dont get your point.

you're saying africa in general and nigeria in particular, is a village?
Re: Is She Legally Married? by otokx(m): 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2011
Yes she is legally married in so far as she has a marriage certificate.

(1) (Reply)

Any Single Ladies Above 30 n wants to catch fun Let's Roll / Sweet Hot Girl 4 Intimacy / Need A Fat Busty Girl For A Serious Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.