Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,332 members, 7,842,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

How Does One Deals With Strange Phobias? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does One Deals With Strange Phobias? (300 Views)

Loss Of Libido Due To Depression: How Does One Revive It? / Liberian Woman Deals With Her Cheating Nigerian Husband, Sells House / Phobiaholic! See The 15 Most Common Phobias That Torment People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does One Deals With Strange Phobias? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 30, 2023
True Story

A guy once complained that his mother was
very reserved and she did not like to go
outside, which made her feel lonely and depressed.

The guy questioned his mother constantly about
why she hated going outside, but she did not
give him an answer.

Then one day the guy said he was going to rent
a new apartment for his mother, maybe the
change of environment would encourage her
to go outside.

But, his mother discouraged him from making
such a decision, she said her problem was not
external, but rather internal.

Apparently the woman was very short.

She confessed to her son that she had a very
embarassing phobia, the son told her to spill
the beans, that he would always support her
no matter what.

She told him,
"I have a phobia for extremely tall people, anytime i go outside and see a very tall man, i am afraid that he would lick the top of my head."

The son was shocked and quite amused at
his mother's confession, and he sought help
from his trusted friend.

If you were said trusted friend, how would you
advice the woman to let go of her phobia of
extremely tall men?
Re: How Does One Deals With Strange Phobias? by yrhuhfy113: 4:10pm On Mar 30, 2023
THERE ARE THERAPISTS for such things....

psychologists can help her and lead her mind away from such fears.

Or hypnotists

1 Like

Re: How Does One Deals With Strange Phobias? by muyico(m): 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2023
Visit therapy?
Re: How Does One Deals With Strange Phobias? by IceColdVeins(m): 5:06pm On Mar 30, 2023
TheMaterialist:
True Story

A guy once complained that his mother was
very reserved and she did not like to go
outside, which made her feel lonely and depressed.

The guy questioned his mother constantly about
why she hated going outside, but she did not
give him an answer.

Then one day the guy said he was going to rent
a new apartment for his mother, maybe the
change of environment would encourage her
to go outside.

But, his mother discouraged him from making
such a decision, she said her problem was not
external, but rather internal.

Apparently the woman was very short.

She confessed to her son that she had a very
embarassing phobia, the son told her to spill
the beans, that he would always support her
no matter what.

She told him,
"I have a phobia for extremely tall people, anytime i go outside and see a very tall man, i am afraid that he would lick the top of my head."

The son was shocked and quite amused at
his mother's confession, and he sought help
from his trusted friend.

If you were said trusted friend, how would you
advice the woman to let go of her phobia of
extremely tall men?

Why is everyone pretending like this isn’t the most hilarious thing they’ve heard today.?🤣🤣🤣
Re: How Does One Deals With Strange Phobias? by sisisioge: 6:01pm On Mar 30, 2023
grin grin grin

Phobias are real o....people behave quite irrationally when confronting their phobias.

She should start wearing caps outside and walk in company of people to overcome the fear.

I have a phobia for enclosed windowless spaces like tunnels, bank strong rooms, large airless pantries, etc. I have tried with the bank strong rooms small but wont be caught dead in a tunnel. It makes my heart run fast, faint and scare the sheet out of me.

I used to fear heights but I'm not sure I'm so afraid anymore. I was afraid of air travels, escalators and elevators. But elevators got cured when my first job was on the 7th floor, got no choice. Air travels and escalators got cured not too long ago when I had to take them by force by fire. Back in the days, I spent 2 days on the road because I was afraid to do the 3hrs local air travel. It turned out very exhausting and expensive as I had to spend one night in a hotel in Abuja before continuing the next day. May God not let me suffer myself like that ever again.
Re: How Does One Deals With Strange Phobias? by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Mar 30, 2023
IceColdVeins:
Why is everyone pretending like this isn’t the most hilarious thing they’ve heard today.?🤣🤣🤣
Must you laugh! grin

OP, the woman needs therapy, and be careful to make her an appointment with only an average height or short mental health counselor abeg! grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Four Things Nice People Do Wrong / THE FOUR STAGES OF ELIMINATION IN LIFE / Household Items For SALE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.