Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,529 members, 7,843,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

The Very First Mistake Every New Land Owner Makes - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Very First Mistake Every New Land Owner Makes (208 Views)

New Land For Sale In Ikoyi And Victoria Island And Lekki / Fencing Project For A New Land In Enugu / Making Your Home Smart By Birth Of A New Land. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Very First Mistake Every New Land Owner Makes by indepthbuilding: 11:05am On Apr 01, 2023
THE VERY FIRST MISTAKE EVERY NEW LAND OWNER MAKES THAT CAN CAUSE THEM TO LOSE THAT LAND LEGALLY.

When you buy a land you should ask for any of these 3 documents.
- A survey plan
- A deed of assignment or receipt, or
- A global CofO

A survey is the easiest and minimum legal document that shows you own a property, it has far more importance than the omo-nile receipt you are given.

When you buy a land and it has a survey already, that’s good, it shows that the land has been duly registered at the surveyor's general office under the seller's name. So if the same person with his or her name on the survey plan is the same person selling that land to you then your mind should be at rest- to an extent.

Now the mistake I have seen a lot of people do is buy a land, get a copy of the survey from the seller and then do nothing.

And when you ask them if they have a document for their land they proudly show you a survey plan with the name of the previous owner.

You are now confused.

You would now be asking Mr Ben Uzo who is the Mrs Ronke Oshodi that is on the survey plan he his holding and he would tell you, my brother, that is the lovely woman that sold the land to him, she is very nice.

Yes she might be nice but you are exposing your self to a lot of heart ache when you don’t redo that survey of that land in your own name. You and your children that might inherit that property one day is at a huge risk.

Let me repeat myself: Redo that survey of that land to your own name

Or to the name of the person you want to inherit that land, maybe your wife's name or child's name.

When you leave that survey plan in the name of its previous owner, do you know legally, under the law, its Mrs Ronke Oshodi that still owns that Land and not Mr Ben Uzo who has built a beautiful structure on that land.

So if Mrs Ronke, leaves this world and her children see a survey plan that shows that their dear mama has a property somewhere and they investigate and see that you have built a fine house on dear mama's land and all you have is a receipt that mama's agent gave you and a survey plan still in dear mama's name, then your case is closed.

In my line of work I have seen cases similar to this more often and in most cases, if the new owner of the land doesn’t have a strong evidence to prove that he or she bought the land fair and square from the previous owner, they eventually lose that land.

I don’t wish this on anyone, not after spending that much to acquire a land and even build on it, to now lose that due to lack of information, that is why I am informing you now, please and please get a survey plan in your own name or if that land has a global survey, take that and draft out your own portion of land from the whole lot and duly register it in your own name.

And one more thing, when I say duly register it. You won't be unfortunate to fall into the hand of scrupulous surveyors, that would pass on a preliminary survey to you as a registered survey.

The difference can't be seen with the naked eyes.

If you need a genuine survey done on your property then contact me.

My name is Engr Saheed and I have been working with Lagos State Government on Land, Property and Construction related issues for more than five years.

I have helped more than 100 clients get genuine documents like: Survey plan, Architectural, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical drawings, Land Use Planning Assessment Report (LUPAR), EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment), Letter of Supervision from a COREN register engineer, Letter of Indemnity from a COREN registered Engineer, Soil Test Report, Building Material Estimation, and Building Plan Approval.

I have also worked as a builder for some of my clients to help them build their structure in the most cost effective and timely manner. And because I also work with the Lagos State Government, my clients also enjoy a level of preferential treatment when Government Agencies comes knocking on their construction site.

If you are ready now to engage me in any of the services listed above, then Call or WhatsApp me on 08127626922

For this month, I am making the cost of all my document related services very competitive, You won't be able to find such price at the same level of quality service anywhere.

I am guaranteeing you that your documents would be genuine, professional done, on time and delivered in style.

I would also be giving you from 20% to 30% discount on all my services saving you almost N100,000 in cost. But be sure to ask others for their price later so as to compare with mine.

I wish you all the best.
www.indepthbuildingservices.com.ng

P.S:
As a special gift to thank you for reading till the end, I want you to have this Free Guide to Owning A property In Lagos, you can download it for free if you click on the link below;
http://eepurl.com/hZVmKn

(1) (Reply)

We Plan & Design Simple And Realistic Buildings At Comfydwell Studio / Land Available For Sale In EPE, LAGOS STATE. / AVAILABLE PROPERTY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.