Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,748 members, 7,844,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Impact Or Money? The Over Commercialization Of Naija Gospel Music - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Impact Or Money? The Over Commercialization Of Naija Gospel Music (217 Views)

Is Money The Root Of All Evil? / Now, With Science And Money, the Curses On Adam And Eve becomes Inconsequential / Commercialization Of The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Impact Or Money? The Over Commercialization Of Naija Gospel Music by constancefriday(m): 6:52am On Apr 02, 2023
I don't feel a lot of local Nigerian gospel jams because it seems the singers are only trying to make their songs sell in the market instead of make impact.
- says Apostle Constance C. Friday

Nigerian Gospel Musicians are becoming more and more mediocre as the days go by. A gospel musician who is supposed to do a song in English may decide to convert it to pidgin English, just because the gospel song will sell more in pidgin within the market.
What works for secular music, may not apply to gospel because gospel music is the praise and worship of God not an absolute commercial hash tag to cash in on.
Some gospel musicians praise men in their gospel songs, I can mention some names of those who do that often in their songs if you want me to.
How can you be singing a Gospel song and be praising the likes of Elon Musk, Bill Gates and co? The gospel music is meant for praising God not men. If it were a secular music that would be a totally different bowl of cherry. This is a song designed for the exclusive praise, worship and glorification of our creator.
Commercialization is not the problem, too much of it is the problem.

Let me quicly commend whoever sang the song; I testify, Jesus no be scam.
I love that song.

My dear Nigerian Gospel musicians, please improve.
Thanks!

Yours Sincerely;
Apostle Constance C. Friday Ani
Re: Impact Or Money? The Over Commercialization Of Naija Gospel Music by constancefriday(m): 3:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
constancefriday:
I don't feel a lot of local Nigerian gospel jams because it seems the singers are only trying to make their songs sell in the market instead of make impact.

Nigerian Gospel Musicians are becoming more and more mediocre as the days go by. A gospel musician who is supposed to do a song in English may decide to convert it to pidgin English, just because the gospel song will sell more in pidgin within the market.
What works for secular music, may not apply to gospel because gospel music is the praise and worship of God not an absolute commercial hash tag to cash in on.
Some gospel musicians praise men in their gospel songs, I can mention some names of those who do that often in their songs if you want me to.
How can you be singing a Gospel song and be praising the likes of Elon Musk, Bill Gates and co? The gospel music is meant for praising God not men. If it were a secular music that would be a totally different bowl of cherry. This is a song designed for the exclusive praise, worship and glorification of our creator.

I love that song.

Thanks!

Yours Sincerely;

Re: Impact Or Money? The Over Commercialization Of Naija Gospel Music by haruchad12: 3:26pm On Apr 09, 2023
constancefriday:

I love that song.

Thanks!

Yours Sincerely;

Bros na money be koko,

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/04/2023 / The Concept Of The Original Sin And The Message Of Good Friday / Becoming A True Disciple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.