Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Caretaker Issues Notice To Quit To Make More Money - Landlord Unreachable - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Caretaker Issues Notice To Quit To Make More Money - Landlord Unreachable (162 Views)

My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! / Ebute-Meta Building Tenants Given Quit Notice Before Collapse - Caretaker / Quit Notice To A Tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Caretaker Issues Notice To Quit To Make More Money - Landlord Unreachable by BigBashiru: 10:44am On Apr 04, 2023
A friend observed a trend and after narrating his ordeal to me, I said let me share it here to solicit advice for him.
A caretaker manages lets say 12 flats...every year or every two years he gives tenants Notice to Quit for no reason. The landlord does not want to be involved in running the flat and even after the landlord was written by the tenant, the landlord did not say anything. Hence the caretaker has unlimited power. What can he do in this situation where after 2 years of renting he was given notice to quit. He also appealed to the caretaker for more time to move out but the caretaker refused saying he only has the statutory six months....

What is at stake is that the caretaker stands to collect 10% legal, 10% agreement free and about N100,000 for caution fee which is all the money he will chop.

What advice can you give my friend?

(1) (Reply)

Ikoyi, Vitoria Island, Lekki And Banana Island Deals. / 2 Plots Available For Sale In Surulere* / FOR SALE Description: *modern 2 Units 3 Bedrooms Up N Ground Flats* Location:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.