Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:06 AM

Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Indian Woman Of N1.1m On Dating Site - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Indian Woman Of N1.1m On Dating Site (304 Views)

Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Indian Woman Of N9.6m / Nigerian Romance Scammer Arrested In India For Duping Indian Woman Of N9.5m / Elephant Kills Indian Woman And Returns To Her Funeral To Attack Her Corpse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Indian Woman Of N1.1m On Dating Site by ASAPFERG: 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2023
A Nigerian national was arrested in Delhi, India, for allegedly duping a woman of Rs 2 lakh on the pretext of custom clearance after they met on a matrimonial site.

The accused, identified as Ignatus Ngosine, was arrested from Delhi on Sunday night, April 2, 2023.

According to the complainant, she started talking to the accused, who posed as a project manager working with a Turkish company, in March, police said in a statement on Monday.

The accused, who introduced himself as Shiva Jhadav from India, asked the woman for her address saying that he wanted to send her some gifts. The complainant then received a call from one Sunita who posed as a customs officer from Mumbai Airport.

The fraudster told the complainant that some parcels have been received from Turkey in her name and asked her to pay Rs 38,500 for custom clearance.

“She also said that if I did not pay the clearance then she will be arrested by the police and I paid the amount twice,” the woman said in her complaint.

On March 20, the victim received another call from the same woman demanding Rs 1,35,000 for custom certificate clearance, she alleged.

"Due to pressure I again paid the amount and later they demanded Rs 2.5 lakh more and then I found myself duped and moved to police," she said in her complaint.

An FIR was registered under sections 419 (cheating by impersonation), 420 (cheating), and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of Indian Penal Code at cybercrime, south police station on Friday.

"The accused, along with other gang members, is involved in this kind of fraud and he had cheated many women. We are questioning him to solve other incidents," said Subhash Boken, spokesperson of Gurgaon police.
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/4/nigerian-man-befriends-indian-woman-on-matrimonial-site-dupes-her-of-n11m.html

Mynd44
nlfpmod
lalasticlala

take to fp

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Indian Woman Of N1.1m On Dating Site by NeoWanZaeed(m): 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2023
Go fly and rock for prison
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Indian Woman Of N1.1m On Dating Site by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
Another one again?

Shey Na India be the new market for scammers ni?

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Indian Woman Of N1.1m On Dating Site by Jicqueville: 1:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Indian Woman Of N1.1m On Dating Site by Jicqueville: 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2023

To avoid snakes in your closets, build a biodigester today!
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Indian Woman Of N1.1m On Dating Site by ASAPFERG: 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2023
nlfpmod

Take to fp
(

(1) (Reply)

Vienhar.com Grant Is A Scam - Dont Pay Them / NDLEA Arrests Europe-bound 19-yr-old Student With Drug Concealed Inside Crayfish / Please I Need The Services Of A Human Right Lawyer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.