Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,567 members, 7,847,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:19 PM

Fun - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Fun (341 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fun by Ability1998: 10:31pm On Apr 05, 2023
I was cooking in the kitchen when I heard someone knocking at my door.

"I am coming". I shouted.

I quickly lowered my gàs. I rushed to the sink and rinsed my hands thoroughly. I was actually pounding Banga. You know how oily your hands get when you pound Banga.

The person kept on knocking fiercely. At a point, i got really pissed.

"Who is that??". I screamed.

I hurriedly rushed out of the kitchen and went to get the door.

"Who is there?". I asked.

"Open the door my friend". It was my mother in-law's voice.

I didn't even know she was coming over.

I quickly opened the door for her.

"Migwo ma". I greeted with my knèes bent downward.

"I know you didn't want to open the door for me". She said as she walked majestically into the living room.

"No mama, I was cooking". I said.

I quickly carried her box to the guest room.

"I was actually cooking Banga soup ma. I know you like Banga soup". I said smiling.

She didn't say anything to me. She stood up and left to the guest room.

I picked my phone and called my husband that his mother was around. He told me he was already on his way home.

I took extra care to prepare the soup because I wasn't sure i would be able to impress my mother in-law since I'm not an Urhobo girl. She actually kicked against her son marrying me because according to her, I won't be able to care for him like an Urhobo girl would.

When I was done preparing the soup, I made eba (garri).

Luckily, my husband got home when i was about serving the food.

"Honey. I am sorry i didn't tell you mama was coming". My husband pleaded.

"You should have at least told me so I would prepare for her. No problem sha. Please come and taste the soup, i don't know if mama will like it". I said as i dragged my husband with me to the kitchen.

"I trust you, I know you are a good cook". My husband said.

"Sha taste it". I said. I gave him the soup to taste.

"Perfect". He said smiling.

"Good". I said.

I dished the food and placed it in the dining.

"Mama your food is ready". I said.

Reluctantly, she left with my husband to the dining.

She first stared at the soup intensively as though she was staring at a trash.

She moulded a hand of garri and dipped it in the soup. When she swallowed it, she screamed;

"What is this?".

I felt really bad.

"Mama the soup is nice na". My husband said.

"What do you know about soup? I told you to marry an Urhobo girl but you didn't listen. Look at what this Yoruba girl has cooked". She said.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I wanted to cry but i held myself.

"If you don't like the soup, i can boil rice for you. I have stew in the freezer".

"Why didn't you do that in the first place? Go and boil rice for me my friend ". She screamed.

I cleared the dining and started boiling rice. I brought out the stew from the freezer and microwaved it.

When the rice was ready, i served her.

She took a spoonful of rice and chewed it slowly.

"Not like this is sweet either but it is better than that disaster ". She said and continued eating.

When she was done eating, I cleared the table.

I was just restless the whole day.

The next morning, she woke me up at around 4:00am

"Don't you know you will wake early to prepare your husband for work? Did your mother not train you well?". She said.

I stood up and went to the kitchen.

"What are you doing in the kitchen? Don't you know you will first sweep and mop the house?". She said.

"I swept yesterday mama. I don't sweep everyday ". I said calmly.

"Come on go and carry broom my friend". She shouted.

I carried the sweeping brush and started sweeping.

This woman tórmented me all through her stay at our house. But I never for once attaçked her.

Even when i go out, I always buy her something.

I always smile at her and greet her obediently.

She intensified her tørments and I intensified my love for her.

One morning, she called me and asked;

"Don't you ever get añgry? What kind of a woman are you".

This came as a surprise to me. I was speechless.

After breakfast, she said;

"My son, I didn't know why you were so bent on marrying this girl until now. Indeed, you married well. My work here is done. I will be leaving tomorrow".

True to her words, she left the next morning after apologizing to me.

Dear women, sometimes you have to be extra kind and wise to win some battles in your marriages. Everything is not all about f!ghtt and competition. Be patient and watch God vindicate you.

Story continues......

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Everyone Living In Nigeria Is Very RICH / Taking Two Girls To Hotel Without There Notice,but This Gate Man Is Not A Good M / Comedy Video: Tag That Friend That Has Ear Problem (xploit Comedy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.