Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,462 members, 7,861,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:02 AM

Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) (30320 Views)

Young Man Electrocuted While Working On A Building In Benue State (photos) / Man Electrocuted While Trying To Save A Bird Trapped On A High Tension Wire / Lady Electrocuted To Death By High Tension Cable In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by GloriousGbola: 10:52am On Apr 06, 2023
WeRise:

Can you say more on this, because from the knowledge I have, isolators should not be operated on-load, especially HV, as they do not have arc quenching capabilities (with respect to 'isolate transformer without shutting down the line').

if you look at any recently done 11kv/33kv h pole, they always come with an isolator switch/handle

1 Like

Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 06, 2023
Nigeria is disorderly just like the haphazard nature of our connection. Electricians ought to be very careful. Rip to him
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by nony43(m): 11:05am On Apr 06, 2023
Oblongata:
See wetin 'na small thing, na small thing' dey cause?

Exactly.
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by specialmati(m): 11:05am On Apr 06, 2023
goslowgoslow:

Your English alone can kill!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hold something APC kills faster
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by kellyjc(m): 11:06am On Apr 06, 2023
Ebony2King:

U mean Moh247 ?
ah no call person name o grin
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:08am On Apr 06, 2023
MASTAkiLLAh:
I have stayed for up to nine months without light at least twice, six months several times and that's because some people felt the bills we pay are supposed to cover repairs. NEPA will just say ok while you get old waiting for them until you decide to get sense and pay them specially or get an independent contractor who is usually one of them off duty. You won't have steady light if you're not crooked
no hope then
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by ThothHermes: 11:10am On Apr 06, 2023
kellyjc:
They have denied him already.
What could have given him the moral to work on a transformer without a complete safety set? Rip to him.

Btw,after a clash between one Moh.. and sister fire here,no one has ever seen moh active like before after sister fire was banned. Could it be that the curse is taking its effects?
E be like say you no dey Nigeria. Just dey play.
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:50am On Apr 06, 2023
From the look of things that man works for them but probably went on that mission without their notice or permission. Why the outright denial undecided
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:55am On Apr 06, 2023
FeliciaOja:
These electricians are very stupid
This is the Worst job on Earth

Imagine your job is to fix electricity that can kill you in a fladh.
Anytime I see electricians climbing poles. I just have pity on their souls.
This is the Worst job ever.

The fear of electricity is the beginning of wisdom. Electricity no dey respect anybody.

You sound like a kid
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by Shaev7(m): 12:02pm On Apr 06, 2023
No safety measure in place
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by Sleekfingers: 12:34pm On Apr 06, 2023
EBMedia:
Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Photos)

https://igberetvnews.com/1442489/electrician-electrocuted-trying-change-transformer-cable-abia-photos/

That's good. I don't pity a fool.....
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by WeRise(m): 12:59pm On Apr 06, 2023
GloriousGbola:

if you look at any recently done 11kv/33kv h pole, they always come with an isolator switch/handle
Yeah, you are right. But if they can be operated with the 11kv or 33kv line energised is the question.

1 Like

Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by GloriousGbola: 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2023
WeRise:

Yeah, you are right. But if they can be operated with the 11kv or 33kv line energised is the question.

thats the whole point imho - to allow you to disconnect the transformer without denergising the circuit. denergizing the circuit comes at a cost. and they take this much much more seriously now. this man was a local electrican or contractor working on his own.

my understanding is discos now take this very very seriously
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by Emmanuel909090: 1:48pm On Apr 06, 2023
Rest on.
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by Tvoice: 1:56pm On Apr 06, 2023
That thin called electric, fear am, dat tin nor get respect for even winch, if u think say I dey lie ask Benin pipo, I come in peace ✌️
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by mechanics(m): 2:14pm On Apr 06, 2023
Hmmmm, they should have called a PHCN official not an electrician.
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by WeRise(m): 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2023
GloriousGbola:

thats the whole point imho - to allow you to disconnect the transformer without denergising the circuit. denergizing the circuit comes at a cost. and they take this much much more seriously now. this man was a local electrican or contractor working on his own.

my understanding is discos now take this very very seriously
Okay. From my knowledge though, you need to de-energise the circuit before you operate the isolator.
Operation of the isolator on-load will likely 'rain fire' on the operator, aside damage (burning) of the cable and probably damage of the transformer.
The isolator is just a safety measure so that the transformer will not be made live when work is ongoing.

1 Like

Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by Skylord247: 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2023
I work on transformers too but never have I ever worked on the high tension side. You'd be a complete idiot to work on the high tension line without making sure that there's no power on the grid. Even the DISCO officials who change high tension fuses ( G and P) always make sure that there's no power on the grid before they climb the H-pole. He died out of stupidity. RIP to him
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by DJInfluence: 6:42pm On Apr 06, 2023
See wetin "Yes I sabi work" don caused.

Person no deep down that he's not qualified but still decided to risk his life. And for how much?

Who do I blame now? is it govt or society or the deceased or even God for making black race so backward. Maybe there's enough blame to go round.
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by Christistruth03: 8:43pm On Apr 06, 2023
Sultty:
a recent widower undecided

He might have been thinking about the bereavement
His mind may have been elsewhere
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by asunaobi(m): 12:15am On Apr 07, 2023
Poor silly untrained idiot! That looks to me like 11KV line. Anyway, one of those things developing nations go through before they start doing things properly.
Re: Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) by jimcaddy(m): 3:08am On Apr 07, 2023
These guys no dey fear Sha. You don't know the amount of voltage that passes through those high tension wires? You still didn't kit up properly, and you still went ahead to do it when there was light. Even when Nepa dey work on power lines, they disconnect the light for while before they start work. You dey form James Bond abi.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) / FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos / Kano Govt Playing Politics With COVID-19 - NARD, NMA, AMLSN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.