Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Sneezing Is Good But Yawning Is Bad - Will A Christian Subscribe To This ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sneezing Is Good But Yawning Is Bad - Will A Christian Subscribe To This ? (1928 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Yawning During Prayer ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sneezing Is Good But Yawning Is Bad - Will A Christian Subscribe To This ? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 20, 2011
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah likes sneezing and dislikes yawning, so if someone sneezes and then praises Allah, then it is obligatory on every Muslim who heard him, to say: May Allah be merciful to you (Yar-hamuka-l-lah). But as regards yawning, it is from satan, so one must try one's best to stop it, if one says 'Ha' when yawning, satan will laugh at him."
Sahih Bukhari 8:73:242

Allah loves sneezes (aacchoo!)

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah loves sneezing but dislikes yawning; so if anyone of you sneezes and then praises Allah, every Muslim who hears him (praising Allah) has to say Tashmit to him. But as regards yawning, it is from Satan, so if one of you yawns, he should try his best to stop it, for when anyone of you yawns, Satan laughs at him."

Please point me in the right direction, forbid this to be true I beg you !!!
Re: Sneezing Is Good But Yawning Is Bad - Will A Christian Subscribe To This ? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2011
What you religiousheads occupy your minds with, smh. Voluntary retardation. Even 6 year old kids aren't this re.tar.ded. undecided
Re: Sneezing Is Good But Yawning Is Bad - Will A Christian Subscribe To This ? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 20, 2011
But atheism you would agree is the height , length and breadth of foolishness !!
Re: Sneezing Is Good But Yawning Is Bad - Will A Christian Subscribe To This ? by Sweetnecta: 8:01am On Sep 21, 2011
I am yawning. So let me go to bed because I am tired, bored and boredom is making lazy and laziness is a form of tiredness.

I am sneezing. So my body is awake.Let me get up from the sleep that i went into because of my yawn. I need to do something now that i have sneezed myself into a state of wide awake.
Re: Sneezing Is Good But Yawning Is Bad - Will A Christian Subscribe To This ? by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 21, 2011
good man !!
Re: Sneezing Is Good But Yawning Is Bad - Will A Christian Subscribe To This ? by 5solas(m): 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2011
Very hilarious post. Could not help laughing.
I love a good sneeze !
Well, not quite, it is the effect of the sneeze I love.
Re: Sneezing Is Good But Yawning Is Bad - Will A Christian Subscribe To This ? by debosky(m): 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2011
Frosbel!!! cheesy

Leave nairaland Muslims in peace nah. cheesy

Anyways, to answer your question - no I will not subscribe to this. grin

Who are these narrators sef? Are you sure they were properly quoted or maybe they mis-narrated?
Re: Sneezing Is Good But Yawning Is Bad - Will A Christian Subscribe To This ? by LagosShia: 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2011
debosky:

Frosbel!!! cheesy

Leave nairaland Muslims in peace nah. cheesy

Anyways, to answer your question - no I will not subscribe to this. grin

Who are these narrators sef? Are you sure they were properly quoted or maybe they mis-narrated?

we have explained that to "frosbel" many times.this (below in quotes) was part of a reply given to him in a similar thread:

the Quran is not a book of fairytales.you may find fairytales in hadiths collections which like your bible were written in different places and at different times by fallible men and the words are rightly or wrongly attributed to prophets and God.you can find both true and false stories in them.muslims do not hold the hadith collections as completely infallible as christians live in denial and continue to believe that everything found in the bible is the "infallible word of God".only the Holy Quran is 100% infallible to muslims.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=761774.msg9175530#msg9175530
Re: Sneezing Is Good But Yawning Is Bad - Will A Christian Subscribe To This ? by LagosShia: 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2011
"Demolishing The Falsehood Of Christianity And Its Bible":
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739943.0.html

(1) (Reply)

This Is Very Annoying! / [Video]Terrorist Women Will Have A Man With A joystick That Never Bends-Cleric / Come Experience God At This Sunday's Anointing Service - Winners Chapel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.