Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,030 members, 7,863,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin (3300 Views)

PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel / (photos) A Look At The Africa Most Beautiful Campus / An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 03, 2007
people can you pay the sum of #192,000 to a newly established state school .imagine uniosun is demanding for this sum as school fees.to hell wit them.poeple what is your view on this.
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by angolag(m): 8:30am On Sep 03, 2007
@dammiac
Its very expensive,I don't think an average Nigerian can afford that.Dam,where are u located Anambra or Lagos?
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 03, 2007
all those that obtained the form what are we gonna do now?
let us all send mail to punch news paper so that they can know what they've done the mail is lagospunch@punchontheweb.com
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by rezzy: 9:11am On Sep 03, 2007
Infact i was scared when i saw it.
im happy that my sister's name wasn't found in their database becos the school fees is damn too expensive.

they for tell people say dem won buy Aeroplane.
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 03, 2007
dey for don tell us say the wan establish a new bank after realising aboot #3bn.they will rundown by the grace of God if they do0o not reduce the fees.
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by kikkie(f): 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2007
they are sick people.demanding 4 such huge amount.EFCC ought to go and probe them.if they want such amount i wonder what private skools will be asking 4.
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by sagacious(f): 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2007
May God have mercy on this nation.I dont know why they derive pleasure in selfishness , because they are happy when they see less priveledge pikin serving there children.
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by slimsikiru(m): 2:18pm On Sep 03, 2007
i just dont understand wat is wrong with that school, cos they are the most ungrateful skool. after all we did all the journey, all the risk we took, some candidates slept at the schools they did exam. they paid us back wit this GOD will judge
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by Seun(m): 2:43pm On Sep 03, 2007
Quality education is not cheap. Let's stop pretending otherwise.
Let's privatize all our schools and move forward from there. Chikena.
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2007
we are talking of a newly established state school here and not a private university.
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by desertboom(m): 6:22pm On Sep 03, 2007
wowowooooo that is far very expensive for an average Nigerian ,
a new state school in that matter that is suppose to be very cheap
to attract more people, maybe they don't want to grow.
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:56pm On Sep 03, 2007
Seun even if we are going to privatize is that the way we ought to go about it ? Don't you know that what the school did was obtaining by trick ?
They should have told people from the beginning that the fees would be that expensive and people wouldn't have wasted their time,money, risking their lives etc. I am from osun state and what the school did was plain evil.
Do you know how much they realised from sales of form ? They just took advantage of Nigerians, they should have never sold so much when they would only accept few as if thats not bad enough they now brought a ridiculous fee.
I just hope that Nigerians would start using their head and stop being sadists
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 01, 2007
awoooooooo

It's a disgrace to this country if a state university should demand such a large sum of money.

It's unfair and I think government really have to so something about it,

guyssssssss, what did u feel
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by Purist(m): 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2007
@ Seun & topic

Seun:

Quality education is not cheap. Let's stop pretending otherwise.
Let's privatize all our schools and move forward from there. Chikena.

This is not the issue. It is already a well-known fact that Osun State University is a fraud.

The whole scam began when the school announced that all students who wrote the last conducted UME, irrespective of their scores, should come for their screening examination. Out of excitement, poor unsuspecting students (over 90,000 of them) rushed the appplication forms (which was about N3000 or thereabout), thanking their stars that UNIOSUN had finally saved them from the stings of JAMB. The examination day was fast approaching, and students from near, far and wide, traveled tens and hundreds of kilometres, spending hundreds and thousands of naira on feeding, transportation and even on accomodation. Again, on the exam day, over 90,000 students were compelled to purchase a N500 scratch card which they supposedly, were to use to check their results. After the exam, all went back to their respective destinations, some happy to have written the 'very-simple' exam, and anxiously awaiting the results. Some even had plans for their anticipated admissions already.

Some weeks later, it was announced that results were out and that students should log on to their poorly-organised website with their scratch cards to check their results. Anxious students crowded many cyber cafes in the city of Lagos, hoping to see good results. Alas! the results became inaccessible, as the scratch cards were invalid for result checking, hence useless. After much uproar about the whole situation, this 'fraud of a school' now decided to paste the results on their website. Over 90,000 students' had purchased a N500 scratch card for nothing.

As if this was not enough, they came with another shocker - Only those who scored 200 and above in their UME had their results released! shocked "But they did not tell us this before now", many frustrated students growled. Oh well, they just had "no choice" but to accept things the way they were. . . after wasting thousands of naira that they could have used on other better things.

After the whole brouhaha had been laid to rest, the school again invited those who passed their screening test for another exam. Again, many students travelled many kilometres to Osun state, feeling very lucky to have been among the 'finalists'. This time, there was no much noise or complaints. The exam came and went.

Weeks later, came the final shocker. The school announced that students should pay exorbitant fees for tuition! Imagine a State University charging between N150,000 and N200,000 for ordinary tuition fees! I, personally, am not aware of any Federal or State University in Nigeria that charges above N50,000. If students had known that the fees would be this high, more than half wouldn't have bothered buying the forms at all. This is a school that was supposedly established for the masses - the people of Osun state in particular, who stridently requested for a university because their counterparts in other Western states already have theirs. This is a school that was supposedly set up to meet the needs of the Osun state students who cannot afford to go to private universities. The governor of Osun state, in his campaign, made this one of his promises to the people. Of course, he kept to his promise. . . but in a way more frustrating than could be imagined. How on earth does he expect these students, many of whom can barely afford 3 square meals per day, to pay this much? This is nothing but sheer wickedness. More annoying is that fact that this criminal, Oyinlola, when confronted with this issue, had the guts to open his mouth wide to say that those that cannot afford the school fees should go to LAUTECH. Just what was he insinuating by that? That LAUTECH is of a lower standard than UNIOSUN? Just what recognised standards does UNIOSUN have at the moment?

Of course, there is no gainsaying the fact that quality university education is expensive, and that's why it is justifiable for private universities to charge high fees. But in this case, there is no justification at all for students in this fledgling university to pay as high as N200,000. Public education, whether at the primary, secondary or university level is a public, social service. It is the responsibility of the government to the youths and should be offered at a cost that the people can reasonably be expected to afford. Both Oyinlola and Okebukola (the Chairman of the Implementation Committee of the State University) cannot claim ignorance of the fact that an average Nigerian in the rural areas of Osun State cannot afford anything close to what is being demanded by the school.

Methinks that the state is only trying to take undue advantage of the situation of the country that forces about a million candidates to seek admission to less than one hundred universities every year. And this situation is not helped by the fact that Okebukola, an avowed apostle of private university education, is believed to be behind the high fees being charged by the Osun State University.

I therefore suggest that successful candidates who could not take up the offer of admission on the account of high fees, should have their money refunded because nobody in their wildest dreams could have expected a state university to charge what UNIOSUN is demanding for. UNIOSUN's outrageous school fees is a dangerous precedent that could soon be copied by other state universities, which will be at a great cost to the education of Nigerian youths.

Osun State Governor should be called to order!
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by Koolp(m): 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2007
hi damiac its high time we just move forward. the uniosun self can their executive civil servants their in osun state pay that ammount of fee that is a question we should ask each other.
they are all in disguies paving way for curruption in their system.
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by folahann(m): 12:14am On Nov 05, 2007
Everything is business; profit from heaven
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by lekosoo(m): 4:03pm On Nov 06, 2007
this is what i have to say for the uniosun stuff,  the governor oyinlola and okebukola they have really disgrace themselves, their position and entire people of osun state,  because uniosun was established to help the poor masses.

I just cant imagine what uniosun is all about,  whether the school is set up for money making or to give quality and quantitative educational service, look at the pre-degree form which was closed on 30th oct 2007 have been extended to 30th november 2007 planning to make another more money from the student. I will only advise my fellow student not to conside the pre-degree form of uniosun because you are going to blame yourself at the end.

I use this medium to congratulate my friend Tayo and Yinka living at Isashi along Badagry Expressway,  They finally make it to Uniosun, I pray the two of you will not drop out of Uniosun and God will see you through.

One Love (Olusoji)
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 20, 2010
Na wa ooooo, e too high now, dem think say na private school?
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by cherish(m): 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2010
@purist
Guy u are a wonderful man i feel u keep it up
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by Shalomcapa(m): 11:17pm On Apr 20, 2010
brothers, let them continue, if the delight of our leaders is to inconvenient the poor,  for as long as the covenant between day and night can never cease,  they'll never reap the fruits of their labor, their children will never amount to anything and their wives will turn widows, i have a strong believe that things will not continue this way in nigeria,  that nigerians will have a cause to smile again,
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by Kemqueen: 10:38am On Jun 01, 2010
Plz, is there anyone that has the idea on how much they accept for school fees now presently? if yea kindly contact me on my mail kqueenbabe@ymail.com. Thanx.
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by Skmoda360(m): 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2011
Any ideal on their present school fee for medicine.
U can contact me on this email: smarkaroo@yahoo.com
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by Skmoda360(m): 12:17pm On Jan 04, 2011
Any ideal on their present school fee for medicine.
U can contact me on this email: smarkaroo@yahoo.com
Re: Look At What Uniosun Has Done To Ajepako Pikin by chisani(m): 10:48am On Aug 01, 2011
the gov of the state,should be called to order,pl let`s face it.this is a state and not private school.

(1) (Reply)

Unizik Admission Status / Nacabs Polytechnic Akwanga, Nasarawa State 2015/2016 POST UTME..O7O39293182 / How To Print Orginal Jamb Slip Which Has Your Photograph.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.