Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,633 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

yoruba Woman Throws Her Baby Inside Well in oyo state - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / yoruba Woman Throws Her Baby Inside Well in oyo state (1055 Views)

The Woman Who Killed & Dumped Her 4-Year-Old Daughter Inside Well In Benue / Smugglers Caught By Customs Officers In Oyo State Recently (Photos) / Woman Throws Her 3-day-old Baby Into Dustbin In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

yoruba Woman Throws Her Baby Inside Well in oyo state by htajz: 10:37pm On Sep 20, 2011
Why would a mother throw her seven-month old baby into the well, to die? Could it have been as a result of insanity? Or was she was acting under a spell from her estranged husband as she alleged? These are the posers the police in Oyo State are set to unravel after a baby was found stone dead in a well in Olomi area of Ibadan, the state capital.

This hard-to-believe incident happened in an Imam’s house where Bose, 23, lives with her maternal grandfather when she relocated to Ibadan four weeks ago. Bose, claiming to be under a spell from her husband, concluded around 8p.m. and dropped the baby girl into the well.

She would have probably feigned ignorance if the neighbours had not seen her at the time she allegedly committed the crime.

One of the neighbours raised the alarm but before any help could reach the hapless baby, the deed had been done. She was stone dead.

The men of the Oyo State police Command have arrested the suspect in connection with the murder.

Though she did not manifest any sign of insanity, she said she must have been influenced by a spell from her husband with whom she reportedly had disagreement over her relocation to Ibadan.

The husband (name withheld), who hails from Ijebu Ode, Ogun State, was said to have had a quarrel with Bose after she bluntly refused to return to Lagos.

CONFESSION
ASP Femi Okanlawon, the police spokesman, confirmed the suspect’s arrest, saying it was a man that reported the incident at Sanyo Police Station.

The suspect confessed to the alleged crime but claimed she was unconscious when she did it.

REFUSAL TO HEED WARNING
She narrated how she had a quarrel with her husband after disagreeing with him to go with him to Lagos, adding that the man then said she should be ready to take full responsibility for her refusal. One thing led to the other and she suddenly picked the baby and threw her into the well.

Okanlawon said, “The suspect confessed to the murder but claimed she was unconscious when the crime was being committed”.

The police official quoted the suspect as saying she did not know what came upon her after disagreeing with her husband who insisted that she should go with him to Lagos.

The woman said the man then threatened that she should be ready to take full responsibility for her refusal to follow him.

‘WHY I THREW BABY INTO THE WELL’
While speaking with Sunday Vanguard, the suspect said, “I am 23 years old. I married my husband seven years ago and we have three girls. The first child is six, the second girl, three and the last one that was killed seven months.

“I got to Ibadan three (now four) weeks ago. I had a quarrel with my husband in Lagos. That is why I relocated to Ibadan. I am living with my mother’s father. My husband came to me and said we should go to Lagos, but I refused. He then said he would show me. That night the incident happened, he called me to ask if nothing had happened. And I told him nothing happened. I regret my action. It was when my neighbours raised the alarm that the enormity of what I did came upon me. I beg government to forgive me and show mercy.”

The Divisional Police Officer, CSP Ezebuike Ugochukwu, who also confirmed the story, seemed not satisfied with the claim of the woman about the age of the baby. He noted that the dead baby looked older than the age claimed by the woman.

However, he concluded that since she is the mother of the baby, it may be out of place to fault her claim.

http://seeknaija.com/news.php?id=2655
Re: yoruba Woman Throws Her Baby Inside Well in oyo state by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:41pm On Sep 20, 2011
Naija, Na Wa! If this happened here in the UK, not only heads will roll but the news will never finish even in 5 years time, but watch how dey sweep it under the carpet.
Re: yoruba Woman Throws Her Baby Inside Well in oyo state by HighChief4(m): 12:02am On Sep 21, 2011
So many scary news are emerging from the SW these days
Re: yoruba Woman Throws Her Baby Inside Well in oyo state by kemmeye: 2:29am On Sep 21, 2011
spell ko spell ni. if they dont hang that woman at least shoot her now its not fair oh

angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Man, 45, Rapes 6-year-old Girl / Photos: Hoodlums Cut Off Youth Corper's Hand In Vicious Attack / Trouble In Family: Wife Paid N80,000 For Rival’s Assassination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.