Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,127 members, 7,852,840 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:51 AM

What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk (617 Views)

The 8 Most In Demand Entry-level Jobs / What's The Labour Market Like For Metallugrical Engineers? / Daily Graduate Trainee/entry Level Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk by Questions4u: 2:41pm On Apr 08, 2023
I'm in Ireland and moved from UK but struggling badly to get a job. I have more than 300 applications sent but only got 1 call center Jon offer which i rejected because it would have been trouble.
I have applied for software development (ruby on rails) , language jobs (Spanish), remote administrative jobs, warehouse Jobs and even bin /waste operative, security guard. Got turned down from all these. In the UK, with that many job applications, I would have gotten into something. It is not.my CV as I have 5 different CVS and all my CVS were formatted by chatgpt and bard. I also tried to apply for healthcare assistant jobs and while those were eager to have me on, I was told that I needed the Irish qqi qualification first, which takes several months to a year to obtain. Anyone in Ireland have advice what jobs Nigerians in Ireland typically find easy to get into? I'm finding it very depressing and demotivating chasing jobs this hard.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk by Mille: 3:15pm On Apr 08, 2023
Why not try to apply for professional jobs also?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk by Questions4u: 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2023
Mille:
Why not try to apply for professional jobs also?
Thanks for your reply. What sort of.professional job? I am.open to anything. I am even thinking of going to learn truck driving or software testing anything to secure a temporary job so that I can be able to kick on and develop myself from that point on. I only need a tiny respite so money starts coming in and I will use that to quickly retrain myself in front end development or python data analytics etc.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk by Questions4u: 6:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
Help with your advice and insight please, anyone who has ever lived in ireland
Re: What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk by IyaTola: 1:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
Questions4u:
Help with your advice and insight please, anyone who has ever lived in ireland
it tough it took my younger sister 3 months to get one even at that they are doing background check on her. Cold mad and mostly Nigerians are the ones applying for these jobs
Re: What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk by Questions4u: 6:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
IyaTola:
it tough it took my younger sister 3 months to get one even at that they are doing background check on her. Cold mad and mostly Nigerians are the ones applying for these jobs

Thanks.for the response. Is this in Dublin? Or further out?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk by IyaTola: 7:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
Questions4u:

Thanks.for the response. Is this in Dublin? Or further out?
Scotland
Re: What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk by Questions4u: 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
IyaTola:
Scotland

Na waa o. Thanks for the info
Re: What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk by XAUBulls: 10:23am On Apr 10, 2023
Questions4u:
I'm in Ireland and moved from UK but struggling badly to get a job. I have more than 300 applications sent but only got 1 call center Jon offer which i rejected because it would have been trouble.
I have applied for software development (ruby on rails) , language jobs (Spanish), remote administrative jobs, warehouse Jobs and even bin /waste operative, security guard. Got turned down from all these. In the UK, with that many job applications, I would have gotten into something. It is not.my CV as I have 5 different CVS and all my CVS were formatted by chatgpt and bard. I also tried to apply for healthcare assistant jobs and while those were eager to have me on, I was told that I needed the Irish qqi qualification first, which takes several months to a year to obtain.

Anyone in Ireland have advice what jobs Nigerians in Ireland typically find easy to get into? I'm finding it very depressing and demotivating chasing jobs this hard.
Questions4u... How's it going?

You should be using ChatGPT to drill down, summarise and get customised answers to your immediate needs. Type in the right prompts to find specific jobs and members of the Nigerian Diaspora community associations in Ireland and the UK who can give you job leads, etc. FB, Twitter, WhatsApp groups are legit places you can find Nigerian Diaspora connects.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk by XAUBulls: 10:31am On Apr 10, 2023
Questions4u:

Thanks for your reply. What sort of.professional job? I am.open to anything. I am even thinking of going to learn truck driving or software testing anything to secure a temporary job so that I can be able to kick on and develop myself from that point on. I only need a tiny respite so money starts coming in and I will use that to quickly retrain myself in front end development or python data analytics etc.
Re: What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk by Floyd45(m): 3:01pm On Apr 10, 2023
Where in Ireland are you and what is your area of specialization?
Re: What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk by Questions4u: 6:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
Floyd45:
Where in Ireland are you and what is your area of specialization?

I'm around Leitrim. Regarding specialization, I am not specialized. I had been in mostly low to mid level sales and administrative roles prior in a different country. Can know up apps in Rails and have a fair idea of help desk support.
Re: What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk by Floyd45(m): 7:13pm On Apr 10, 2023
Questions4u:

I'm around Leitrim. Specialization is anything administrative or i.t based that brings money. If it's an option (it rarely is) something remote would be great but I think that will be asking for too much.

Send me a DM lets talk.
Re: What Is The Job Market Like For Low Level Jobs In Ireland Vs Uk by Questions4u: 8:28pm On Apr 10, 2023
Floyd45:

Send me a DM lets talk.

DM sent. Thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

Accomodation For This Jobs is available: Jobless? Better Apply / Light Up Your Creativity (a Training Workshop) / Ptdf Has Shortlisted. I Got Mine 5 Seconds Ago.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.