Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,391 members, 7,830,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Nigerian Police And Their Illiteracy Syndrome - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Police And Their Illiteracy Syndrome (694 Views)

My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth / The Nigerian Police Force Channels And Emergency Numbers / Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police And Their Illiteracy Syndrome by Poundstan: 9:19am On Sep 21, 2011
Members in the house this is a true story, on my way home last night 20/09/2011 about 9pm at Iyana itire Junction, I ran into some policemen who were doing their usual stuff of "Stop and Search". One of them a Sergeant (name withheld) demanded to know what i have in booth of my car; i willingly oblige his request in order to save my time because it is running late. After ransacking my bag without any incriminating document the sergeant came up with a flimsy allegation that i am carrying some DSTV Bank subscription Tellers. All my explanations were rebuffed by him, though i kept my cool because he was carry an AK47 rifle and God so kind i am with two of my staff who will be a witness in case of any eventuality. I refused to argue with him because i realised that he is an illiterate in Police uniform.

This dude was so mean that he delayed us for over 40 minutes and at the end of it all still took us to their office at Itire Police Station to meet his superior officer who detailed an officer to re-search my car for any exhibit. I was not bulge because i know i have done nothing wrong to be intimated or warrant any arrest. After i might have spent over an hour with them, the superior officer ask me to go. I refused to part with cash. My Question goes this way is it a crime to keep bank tellers in your car? Please response.
Re: Nigerian Police And Their Illiteracy Syndrome by cyberak: 12:45pm On Sep 21, 2011
It's no crime, but lawyers in the house can shed more lights. Respecting the police, so many of them employ psychological intimidation to frustrate one. But i remember always what a very senior top police officer who was my mate in the uni told me: most rank and file are semi-literates and would do everything to visit their frustrations on you, just be patient once you are sure you've not committed any crime cos your patience will calm them. They also play on the fact that most of us are inpatient. These behaviors are contrary to what they are taught at the police college.

(1) (Reply)

Ever Felt Betrayed By Your Bestfriend? / Boko Haram And Fuel Subsidy Removal Are A Decoy / Northern Muslims Planning Jihad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.