Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha (888 Views)

They Live In A Face Me I Face You Compound / I Look Too Young And I Find It Hard To Relate With People / A Typical Face-me-i-face-you Occupants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha by EriMma1: 10:29am On Apr 12, 2023
Just saw this hilarious throwback on face me I face you house.

My own experience.

Omor, my own experience living in one during my university days. I was the aunty that speaks good English and mind my business and the people hated me for it.

One mama would always boast of how they moved in when the rent was 70 naira, abi na 700 naira sha , can't remember. And the list goes on lol.... Thank God for delivering me from there. After school, I japa..

Share your experience.

A THROW BACK ON FACE ME I FACE YOU GUYS. WHO CAN RELATE?
LET GO!.

1. It’s sometimes called Face Me I slap you due to the incessant fights daily. E ma ja ju. If you don’t fight, someone will fight you. You must fight. "Ta lo gbe omi ti mo pon sibi?" (Ija de).
2. You can never go hungry unless you don’t know your way around. Enter the kitchen at the backyard and start whining who’s cooking. Drop small gist about another neighbor, walahi waa jeun ju. Gbenusi no be atenu.

Output - Gbeborun
Input - Food
3. There’s always that man who will claim he has been living in the house before the house was even built. They are always proud of the years they have lived there. They know everyone and when they were given birth to. (Ancestor Tenant)

#Continue reading here#👇😜
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02ydJFEb238iqPHNM5jgHgorfzoDAzT3eTaXD5JRKCpJZBaPQrXo8Dpe2BNHuwVzf5l&id=100088447284530&sfnsn=scwspmo&mibextid=RUbZ1f

1 Like

Re: Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha by MatrixReloaded: 10:34am On Apr 12, 2023
Here is free kpansing of oloshos, STD will be on a daily norms. You will have to oppress your neighbors if you have a tigre generator.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha by EriMma1: 10:36am On Apr 12, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
Here is free kpansing of oloshos, STD will be on a daily norms. You will have to oppress your neighbors if you have a tigre generator.

I'm telling you.
That generator is the worst. You'll see neighbors fighting because of this issue.
Thanks for sharing.

Some here go wan form like say Dem never live face me I face you before. It's all a phase of life. Nothing to be ashamed of.

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha by Kurry: 10:42am On Apr 12, 2023
Funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha by EriMma1: 10:45am On Apr 12, 2023
Kurry:
Funny

grin grin
Re: Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha by Foodqueen(f): 12:32pm On Apr 12, 2023
There will always be that man that will be farting anyhow and will still be explaining how he feels after... 🙍

Ayama....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha by wunmi590(m): 1:13pm On Apr 12, 2023

@EriMma1, you are taking me back to the old days...

You know I told you about obalende then...

Yes, my journey started from there, that moshalashin street, in obalende, is one of my father family house...

Omo, is not easy, we have 4 family house there, 2 at odo Street, 1 at moshalashin and 1 at eleshin, I used to sleep in all the four different face me I slap you then, till I finished secondary school, before moving to my mum parent family house, still face me I slap you...

I don experience alot, no be small thing ooo...

My four family house at obalende still remain the same till now, just litte alteration, alot of people in obalende are afraid to rebuild their house because, there's a matter in court by tinubu that since that place is ikoyi, obalende should also get the ambiance of banana island, so nobody wants to build and then tomorrow, they will come and demosh it, not even now that tinubu is now the president.....

My mother family house have been rebuilt to nice flat....

E no easy, I don too suffer for this obodo lagos fa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha by EriMma1: 1:46pm On Apr 12, 2023
wunmi590:

@EriMma1, you are taking me back to the old days...

You know I told you about obalende then...

Yes, my journey started from there, that moshalashin street, in obalende, is one of my father family house...

Omo, is not easy, we have 4 family house there, 2 at odo Street, 1 at moshalashin and 1 at eleshin, I used to sleep in all the four different face me I slap you then, till I finished secondary school, before moving to my mum parent family house, still face me I slap you...

I don experience alot, no be small thing ooo...

My four family house at obalende still remain the same till now, just litte alteration, alot of people in obalende are afraid to rebuild their house because, there's a matter in court by tinubu that since that place is ikoyi, obalende should also get the ambiance of banana island, so nobody wants to build and then tomorrow, they will come and demosh it, not even now that tinubu is now the president.....

My mother family house have been rebuilt to nice flat....

E no easy, I don too suffer for this obodo lagos fa
LoL... You too? Wow! 👀. Ok it was your gramps house. I see. So those houses then were face me I face you? I never knew that such houses exist until my uni days.

Why would Tinubu take over Obalende area? Dont the owners of the lands there have C of O? I don't understand. You the children should fight for it jor. Ah ah.. what?
You people should demolish the old houses yourselves and erect new structures before they start their madness. It's not fair na.

No wonder I still see some very old houses in that Obalende. You know Tinubu too was born in that Obalende on one street under that 3rd mainland bridge close to roundabout bustop. That's where he grew up. If you go there now, you'll still see their family house.

Hope you too experienced those fighting and quarrelling in the compound? grin. It's not easy o my brother.

Thanks for sharing dear

1 Like

Re: Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha by EriMma1: 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2023
Foodqueen:
There will always be that man that will be farting anyhow and will still be explaining how he feels after... 🙍

Ayama....

Omor.. you garrit!

There was one guy that smokes Igbo in the compound. He can fart?? And how he does it is where the gossips are gathered gossiping him, he'll just pass In front of them and scatter the thing.. hey!!!! Come and see all of them scampering off . LoL..😂 😂

1 Like

Re: Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha by wunmi590(m): 1:55pm On Apr 12, 2023
EriMma1:

LoL... Wow! 👀
Typing...

😆

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha by wunmi590(m): 2:35pm On Apr 12, 2023
EriMma1:

LoL... You too? Wow! 👀. Ok it was your gramps house. I see. So those houses then were face me I face you? I never knew that such houses exist until my uni days.

Why would Tinubu take over Obalende area? Dont the owners of the lands there have C of O? I don't understand. You the children should fight for it jor. Ah ah.. what?
You people should demolish the old houses yourselves and erect new structures before they start their madness. It's not fair na.

No wonder I still see some very old houses in that Obalende. You know Tinubu too was born in that Obalende on one street under that 3rd mainland bridge close to roundabout bustop. That's where he grew up. If you go there now, you'll still see their family house.

Hope you too experienced those fighting and quarrelling in the compound? grin. It's not easy o my brother.

Thanks for sharing dear

Lol, sure, C of O dey now...

Fight for family house? I'm just a grand children, it is left to dad and her siblings to do so....

What tinubu want to do is to do an ediface like banana Island, and then give people like us that have 4family houses like 3bedroom flat to share with family and siblings, and people are not comfortable with the idea...

Is just like cheating the family...

For the fight and quarrels in the compound, in every face me I slap you, unah go fight now, me why I be landlord piking, wetin you expect, enough beefing and a lot...

But, it was fun living in such environment, if you live in that environment and you no sharp, forget it, they need to go to the river to wash your head ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha by EriMma1: 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2023
wunmi590:

Lol, sure, C of O dey now...

Fight for family house? I'm just a grand children, it is left to dad and her siblings to do so....

What tinubu want to do is to do an ediface like banana Island, and then give people like us that have 4family houses like 3bedroom flat to share with family and siblings, and people are not comfortable with the idea...

Is just like cheating the family...

For the fight and quarrels in the compound, in every face me I slap you, unah go fight now, me why I be landlord piking, wetin you expect, enough beefing and a lot...

But, it was fun living in such environment, if you live in that environment and you no sharp, forget it, they need to go to the river to wash your head ooo

LoL.. true about the beefing. Yeah you gats wise up after living in such apartment.

3 bedroom is not enough compensation for lands and properties owned by families for decades. Its pure cheating.

I remember when FG took over 1G4 building at VI back then. It wasn't funny as many people were displaced with no forms of compensation given to them. I just hope Obalende will not end up like that.

1 Like

Re: Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha by eepeepook: 8:39am On Apr 15, 2023
I only have faint memories of my time in these. Thank God for money.
Re: Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2023
Can't relate 🥺

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throw Back Wednesday! Who Can Relate With This Face Me I Face You Brouhaha by beelon1020(m): 2:07am On Apr 16, 2023
Make I drop my own jorr...
Shout out to my boys and girls in the hood in bariga... bariga born ko ma le yi pada)..
One of my favourite moment then.. when a particular mother will cook rice and chicken in big tray, and called out the little warriors in the compound.. Eyin omo ke ke Awa jare Sara.. meaning small small kids come and eat gifted food... omo! Come see my soldier's in action, omo!.. like 8 kids on a tray... if your hand too fast, na to shook 2fingers with pepper to slow you down... grab one hand with chicken and battle the rice in the tray with other...
Playing Iya ati baba at night when NEPA took electricity...
E get one bro’s for that compound then, uncle mike, na almost all babes for that house and street dey sample.. uncle mike na real Yoruba demon for that area... wow those days was fun...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Please someone should help a sister, it's urgent / Can Someone Please Tell Me? / Is No-fault Divorce Bad For Women And Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.