Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo (33129 Views)

‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade / Lawyer Petitions NFVCB Over "Fantastically Corrupt" Line In Chief Daddy Movie / NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Zetty177x: 7:20am On Apr 13, 2023
flokii:

You see it's one thing to be educated and it's another to be intelligent.

Most of this generation Yorubas are not intelligent sorry to say.. but it's the fact.

Eyo masquerade that is like hallmark of Isale Eko people is what some degenerates cum yeyebrities are trying to trash in the mud. Such a pity.

I'm glad the indigenes have spoken.. let them ban the movie and sanction all the actors that played part in that movie.

Big shame on Actors guild of Nigeria and the other bodies of actors in the country.

U yoruba people think u are gods. The entitlement spirit is getting out of hand. Just listen to urself....'ban the movie, sanction the actors'..... because them kill people? Una wen maim and kill people for elections, them don jail una?? Come on, go siddon.

1 Like

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Newborn27(f): 7:21am On Apr 13, 2023
I knew it immediately after watching the movie that they're going to have little problem on the story.

It was too glaring how they used the particular names...I guess the writer never knew BAT would win the 2023 election due to the popular obedient movement.

They mentioned exact names of places... people and custom.

Isale Eko....Eyo.....Eleniyan.....Asiwaju...Eruku etc

The movie is interesting but they have to clear the air by acting a part 2 to correct every error made in part one.

1 Like

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by sonature1: 7:31am On Apr 13, 2023
Draslo:
Interesting. Generally speaking, it's a really good movie. I had my reservations though. It portrayed the Eyo in a very bad light. The Eyo are very revered in the culture of Lagos state. To show a murder carried out with the Eyo regalia on is very wrong. I don't think any the Igbos would be very welcoming if Mmanwus were portrayed as being used to assainate neither will the people from Cross River take lightly the Ekpe being used for the same.

It's a really great movie with superb acting and directing but respect needs to be paid to people's culture before you tarnish the image. People come from all over the world for the Eyo festival. Whats the point in changing their point of view? Lagos is already scary for any foreigner...no need to bastardize one of the few cultural tourist attractions we have.

Please shut your piehole...or should I say eba&vegetablehole

This is about Lagos and cultural defamation.

Stop dragging the Igbos into your incurable madness.
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Allisgud: 7:31am On Apr 13, 2023
Why didn't they stop them while they were shooting,abi was it not on the street of isale eko,I know omoonile will collect owoda from them,so because they see the movie is topping making wave they want to collect their share
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by slowice(m): 7:32am On Apr 13, 2023
Draslo:
Interesting. Generally speaking, it's a really good movie. I had my reservations though. It portrayed the Eyo in a very bad light. The Eyo are very revered in the culture of Lagos state. To show a murder carried out with the Eyo regalia on is very wrong. I don't think any the Igbos would be very welcoming if Mmanwus were portrayed as being used to assainate neither will the people from Cross River take lightly the Ekpe being used for the same.

It's a really great movie with superb acting and directing but respect needs to be paid to people's culture before you tarnish the image. People come from all over the world for the Eyo festival. Whats the point in changing their point of view? Lagos is already scary for any foreigner...no need to bastardize one of the few cultural tourist attractions we have.

Don't know why you are angry but the guy is right. If the producers were Igbo we all know it would be another round of hate and wickedness against their kit and kin
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by rollywise(m): 7:33am On Apr 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I knew that film will have problems the moment they used Isale Eko. These woke youths do not have sense enough to get the view of those they want to trade off their history and heritage for their own momentary gain.

The Osiberus who I know are very good people from Ijebu Ode and that BB whatever boy from Ago Iwoye did not use Ago Iwoye or Ijebu Ode but he went on to use Isale Eko in a film that misrepresents Isale Eko.smh

They will likely recieve beating if they ever step foot on Isale Eko.
check my signature for free stuffs!

I will not check any signature because of the rubbish you wrote up there. Yoruba and entitlements be like bread and butter. Is that area really far from what was depicted in the movie Secondly should everyone sue movie producers for using their tribe or culture or place, will there still be beautiful movies for us to watch? I'm from Edo, severally I have seen comedians use us to catch cruise and make money that we all fly in the day and the streets are filled with witches. But is it true?? No! Did we sue anyone,? No! Don't forget every in every drama, there's an atom of truth in it. They don't just act. They sometimes pick facts to act on. Make una dey calm down
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Draslo(m): 7:33am On Apr 13, 2023
sonature1:

This is about Lagos and cultural defamation.

Stop dragging the Igbos into your incurable madness.
You're very stupid. What I'm saying is that no tribe will take cultural defamation lightly. Nobody from Cross River has quoted me since. It's only you people. Do you have a problem with comprehension or is your heart just filled with hate?
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Allisgud: 7:35am On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:
Thank God the people that produced and directed it are Yorubas, some people would have started another round of propaganda and hatred.

Why didn't they stop them while they were shooting,abi was it not on the street of isale eko,I know omoonile will collect owoda from them,so because they see the movie is topping making wave they want to collect their share
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Sheggy13(m): 7:36am On Apr 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:

As innnnnnn! Na only Chike and Chioma be the "outsiders". Every other role "na dem"
What do you expect. They're talking about Lagos here, so they should flood the character base with Igbos to appease you right? I can count a good number of Nollywood movies (especially those Asaba and Enugu shot ones) with an all-Igbo cast only yet nobody is making noise. Why playing victim hood all the time?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Draslo(m): 7:37am On Apr 13, 2023
slowice:

Don't know why you are angry but the guy is right. If the producers were Igbo we all know it would be another round of hate and wickedness against their kit and kin
I mentioned revered masquerades in two other tribes but it's Igbos that are taking it personally. Not everything is about them but all the quotes I've got so far are pro Igbo. No tribe would take this lightly

1 Like

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Allisgud: 7:39am On Apr 13, 2023
Who even know if it was the movie promoter that come up with this idea to gather more traffic for the movie
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Allisgud: 7:40am On Apr 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I knew that film will have problems the moment they used Isale Eko. These woke youths do not have sense enough to get the view of those they want to trade off their history and heritage for their own momentary gain.

The Osiberus who I know are very good people from Ijebu Ode and that BB whatever boy from Ago Iwoye did not use Ago Iwoye or Ijebu Ode but he went on to use Isale Eko in a film that misrepresents Isale Eko.smh

They will likely recieve beating if they ever step foot on Isale Eko.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Who even know if it was the movie promoter that come up with this idea to gather more traffic for the movie
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Brendaniel: 7:48am On Apr 13, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Na here you dey sleep and wake

Ibeere, you should be asking all Tinubu supporters here the same question....
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by airsaylongcome: 8:05am On Apr 13, 2023
Sheggy13:

What do you expect. They're talking about Lagos here, so they should flood the character base with Igbos to appease you right? I can count a good number of Nollywood movies (especially those Asaba and Enugu shot ones) with an all-Igbo cast only yet nobody is making noise. Why playing victim hood all the time?

That movie could have been written, produced and/or directed by an Ibo person and all hell would have been let loose that they are denigrating Isale Eko

1 Like

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Akpason2: 8:09am On Apr 13, 2023
Good morning everyone IAM begging you people in the name of God to please help your brother #200 #100 will feed my two kids any will go a long way acct number 2147481140 uba
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Dbestbrest: 8:14am On Apr 13, 2023
i expected them to have used a fictitious name instead of Isale Eko. You don't use a town's name to feature bad news alone. The good side of Isa Eko were buried in the minds of the producers. They must ban the film and be reproduced with imaginary name. The producers must be made to apologise to the people of Lagos State in general
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by oliverwrites: 8:18am On Apr 13, 2023
Truthshscrazy:

Dem don rob you or snatch ya phone for there before?🙄
They almost robbed me and my friend just 3 weeks to my wedding 7 years ago but being a real Save brought up ( save is the Yorubas in Benin Republic) my friend ran and I stayed, my audacity and fake juju saved me.

The place is just as portray but the people no go gree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by hush15: 8:24am On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:
Thank God the people that produced and directed it are Yorubas, some people would have started another round of propaganda and hatred.

Abi o. One thing that bugs me more is how history and heritage are being portrayed. The movie is being creative but they are a few distorted stories here and there. Leaders political and apolitical alike have tried to change the narrative of Lagos. This is a disservice to the state that has given so much.

Little wonders why movie producers can't do proper history check before embarking on projects like this, as far as money is made.
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Fearyourcreator: 8:31am On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:

Ibeere, you should be asking all Tinubu supporters here the same question....
Lolzzz! You no get work ...
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by KaptainAfrika: 8:36am On Apr 13, 2023
THE GANGS OF LAGOS IS A VERY GOOD FILM, THE STORYLINE AND CINEMATOGRAHPY WAS AWESOME! JOBLESS WHINERS CAN GO SNIFF GLUE.
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Brendaniel: 8:42am On Apr 13, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Lolzzz! You no get work ...

I work, I cook food and browse the internet....
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Fearyourcreator: 8:49am On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:

I work, I cook food and browse the internet....
Okay
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by missyblissy: 9:21am On Apr 13, 2023
daveP:
Do these guys ever understand fictional stories atall?

Why are they fuming over rubbish?

Nobody's impression about Eyo will ever change because of a movie. This is a chase after the wind.

I don't get it either.
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by missyblissy: 9:23am On Apr 13, 2023
hush15:

Abi o. One thing that bugs me more is how history and heritage are being portrayed. The movie is being creative but they are a few distorted stories here and there. Leaders political and apolitical alike have tried to change the narrative of Lagos. This is a disservice to the state that has given so much.

Little wonders why movie producers can't do proper history check before embarking on projects like this, as far as money is made.

This is a fictional story menaing not based on factual events. They don't need their permission
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by hush15: 9:44am On Apr 13, 2023
missyblissy:

This is a fictional story menaing not based on factual events. They don't need their permission

No they might need permission but isale eko is not a fiction. They need to portray that correctly
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Pastoshizzy(m): 9:44am On Apr 13, 2023
That one na better film. undecided
Shanty Town may be a little too extreme (violence), but the cast did justice to the movie. If those trio jam mua for Isale Eko (the main the main actors them) with that kind acting I just give them broom make them go dey do "community service" grin .... touche to be criminals those ones.
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by slowice(m): 9:50am On Apr 13, 2023
Draslo:

I mentioned revered masquerades in two other tribes but it's Igbos that are taking it personally. Not everything is about them but all the quotes I've got so far are pro Igbo. No tribe would take this lightly

Brah it's just a movie brah...they can use use anything to drive their point and it happens worldwide,no one is disrespecting anyone. But targeted hate towards this particular ethnic group is real and cannot be overemphasized.
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by LordHarrizona(m): 9:51am On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:

You need to bring 7 big yams, 7 alligator pepper 7 white doves, 2 white local chicken, 1 full 25lites of fresh palm wine to cleanse the hate in your little mind before 7 market days the gods have spoken IRE O!
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Brendaniel: 9:53am On Apr 13, 2023
LordHarrizona:

You need to bring 7 big yams, 7 alligator pepper 7 white doves, 2 white local chicken, 1 full 25lites of fresh palm wine to cleanse the hate in your little mind before 7 market days the gods have spoken IRE O!

What is this one saying again?
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by Revolva(m): 9:54am On Apr 13, 2023
the best i ever watch is gansgter on new york

i cant forget that movie....it was set in the formative years of New york city... daniel day lewis try for that film....the butcher....

irish hooligans ,
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by kals4luv990(m): 10:06am On Apr 13, 2023
Draslo:

your sense truly is leaking
Re: The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo by whichway007: 10:08am On Apr 13, 2023
Draslo:

,Oga,na true the guy yarn,thank God say na the same yoruba man ,na him direct and produce the classic movie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Living In Bondage: Breaking Free Reviews And Ratings? / Judge Orders Prosecution Of Three Channels Television Staff / Miss Teen United Nations Nigeria Reality TV Show Hosts 2019 Edition In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.