Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Gang Of Lagos... The Controversy - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gang Of Lagos... The Controversy (528 Views)

Gangs Of Lagos Film, A Mockery Of Our Heritage- Lagos Govt / The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo / 'Gangs Of Lagos' Movie Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gang Of Lagos... The Controversy by Comelysync: 11:08pm On Apr 13, 2023
After reading about the movie which was negative online, even before the LASG came out to debunked it, I saw a video on Instagram where a chief was admonishing the producers, this morning I read on one of the dailies online even mentioning where the frontline producers are from in ago, Ìjẹ̀bú...

AM a Yoruba not just a Yoruba.. This is a fiction movie for heavens sake, the UK government didn't bring down the heaven when the series the crown came out.

My point is am also an islander.. Kosoko family compound to be precise, yes am using a moniker, yes i have plead for money on this platform before..
But it's sad my state government had nothing to do any more than to pick up issues with young people doing a movie, the good part is that the start government cos of technology can't do issh to stop the movie.
I just watched it to see the hullabaloo.. But there was nothing.. The Eyo Masquerade they are trying to use as an excuse.. We real islanders know how benevolent and how the ẹyọ can change am for u... It's all fun.. Just like fanti carnival.. It's all fun..
But the movie promoters use it in just two scenes in the movie and we crying that Lagos Island ẹyọ was desiccated.

I think all hall trying too hard to get a position in Asiwaju incoming government does not know who Bola Ahmed Tinubu is,
He will fall all you mediocre hands.. He is in love with merit.. He hate mediocrity..
Leave those young producers alone.. To me I give the movie on Nigerian standards a 7/10.

TINUBU will not appoint you if you are a mediocre.. He has paid his dues.. And its èmi lọ́kàn.. May the good God guide him to give us all a good team to steward our nation in the next 4 years

AM a Lagosian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gang Of Lagos... The Controversy by kingtinnie(m): 11:23pm On Apr 13, 2023
The crown is revered for being historically accurate down to the dressings and everything …what everyone is saying is the movie has no accuracy but rather it made a mockery of cultural history and heritage people hold so high and these foreigners you use ask an example are not the benchmark for respect or decency

2 Likes

Re: Gang Of Lagos... The Controversy by MasterJayJay: 11:29pm On Apr 13, 2023
If you want to learn about your culture, go and watch documentaries..
Movies are not meant to teach you your culture..

1 Like

Re: Gang Of Lagos... The Controversy by DMerciful(m): 2:28am On Apr 14, 2023
If you've stayed in Lagos, you'd know thr movie is atleast 95% accurate. Forget those Niccon insurance and marina high rise buildings in VI and Ikoyi, this thug life is the real Lagos
kingtinnie:
The crown is revered for being historically accurate down to the dressings and everything …what everyone is saying is the movie has no accuracy but rather it made a mockery of cultural history and heritage people hold so high and these foreigners you use ask an example are not the benchmark for respect or decency

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Junk Cars New York / I Need Biographical Movies: Can You Help? / Your Best Advert You Have Seen On TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.