Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,696 members, 7,827,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. (15929 Views)

Between The Yorubas,hausa And Igbos Who Is More Intelligence / Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. by AndreUweh(m): 2:18pm On Sep 27, 2011
ijaw_girl:

lol you are one male whining bitc/h grin. I see You cant get over the fact I inuslted you on the op thread, get over it hun!
Look at this daughter of a prostitutee, you think I care about your miserable life. Hi dirty LovePeddler, my point is that your ethnic hating and tribalism knows no bounds. Scram as your customers are waiting for you, Dyck-licker.
Re: Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. by ak47mann(m): 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2011
i have notice that ijaw people feel that igbos want to dominate them even after abandon properties still not satisfy or may be they want a piece of land from igbos in the SE but dont no hw to get it, they should know that their are 3 main groups in Nigeria which you cant ignore their population and land mass.
Re: Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. by ChinenyeN(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2011
ijaw_girl:

This whole united igbo nation and Ijaw Nation is new in rivers state.
Not just Rivers. It's new period.
Re: Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. by Chyz2: 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2011
You all, Ijaw_girl is not a tribalist. She really loves Igbos. Also, notice how she is responding to the tribal insults. She is yet to insult Igbo. Don't make an enemy. She's good. cool
Re: Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. by AndreUweh(m): 10:16pm On Sep 27, 2011
Chyz*:

You all, Ijaw_girl is not a tribalist. She really loves Igbos. Also, notice how she is responding to the tribal insults. She is yet to insult Igbo. Don't make an enemy. She's good. cool
The biatch is sworn Igbo hater and tribalist. I have battled her for two years now but all in futility.
Re: Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. by Chyz2: 10:53pm On Sep 27, 2011
Andre Uweh:

The biatch is sworn Igbo hater and tribalist. I have battled her for two years now but all in futility.

Your insults today have been making my day,lol. It is wrong though. Can you post the threads where you two have been battle on so that we can see for ourselves? You could have just been attacking you as an individual and not Ndigbo as an ethnic group.

@Ijaw_girl

What does Asimini mean in Ijaw? and also, what does Amanyanabo mean? (just curious)
Re: Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. by afrodiva: 1:05pm On Apr 12, 2012
ChinenyeN:
I've already asked my Ngwa people that question. They failed to give any sensible answers. History and proximity seem to be the only things I can point to and accuse.
we hate ur igbotic accents! !!!!.that's why
Re: Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. by ChinenyeN(m): 4:56pm On Apr 12, 2012
afrodiva:
we hate ur igbotic accents! !!!!.that's why
Owhno lia la whne ojoo sii.
Re: Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. by Dede1(m): 9:24pm On May 12, 2012
Ijo are strangers and offspring of colonial British porters. They are boat people who used to live on boats. The Ijo hatred for Igbo is rooted in lack of land and brainwash the Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Nupe, Tiv etc inculcated on them during and after civil war in order to make Ijo feel relevant and at the same time dig depthless grave for them selves. There was a time when Yenegoa was a complete swampy wasteland. I read an interview given by Tam David West where he pointed an instance with certain people who refused to welcome him in their community because they assumed he hated Ndigbo.

Tam David West went through excruciating time to explain to leaders of the community that he never hated Ndigbo because his mother and grandmother were Igbo. He claimed that if he had hated Ndigbo, he also hated himself. After this narration before the community leaders by Tom D West, he was festively welcomed. I was surprised to find out that the community is discuss was Eleme.
Re: Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 03, 2016
ChinenyeN:
I experienced it first hand from my own cousins, and I am no longer on speaking terms with them because of this. You should see the attitude they get (or got) whenever we hit the topic of ancestry/history. Honestly, I think they would actually fight me over it.

Although, that's not to say that there aren't any reasonable Ijo out there. There are. I've come across some, but compared to the rest of the lot, they're nothing.

So the current situation is evident. Out of every other group, Ijo despise Igbo, and they despise Igbo the most.
no I think its itsekiri and ika people

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Im gay, Im not mixed, I steal peoples pics online because I cant get girls. / 7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins! / Igede Names And Their Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.