Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,513 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Difference Between Knowing And Believing - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Difference Between Knowing And Believing (661 Views)

Knowing Xavier / What is the difference between English literature and literature in English / What Is The Difference Between Reviewing A Book And Summarizing A Book? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Knowing And Believing by Erimaclout: 9:19am On Apr 17, 2023
knowing is based on evidence and reasoning, while believing is based on personal conviction or faith. Knowing is generally considered to be a higher standard of certainty than believing, as it requires evidence and justification.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by PoliteActivist: 9:30am On Apr 17, 2023
Believing is knowing (minus the wherewithal to be able to prove it to another person).
Also, there is nothing like knowing in this our reality.
Every knowing includes a certain amount of believing!
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by TradingGod: 9:36am On Apr 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:
Believing is knowing (minus the wherewithal to be able to prove it to another person).
do you believe that you are a man or do you know that you are a man?

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by PoliteActivist: 9:41am On Apr 17, 2023
TradingGod:
do you believe that you are a man or do you know that you are a man?

I don't have the capacity to absolutely know anything.
Just because I THINK I am a man doesn't mean I am a man
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by TradingGod: 9:49am On Apr 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I don't have the capacity to absolutely know anything.
Just because I THINK I am a man doesn't mean I am a man
ok
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by PoliteActivist: 10:12am On Apr 17, 2023
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by Erimaclout: 10:36am On Apr 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

There is a red cup on this table. I believe it by faith.
Only a fool says in his heart that there is no red cup on this table.

Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by PoliteActivist: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2023
Erimaclout:

There is a red cup on this table. I believe it by faith.
Only a fool says in his heart that there is no red cup on this table.

From my perspective there is no red cup on the table. But my perspective could be wrong
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by Erimaclout: 12:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

From my perspective there is no red cup on the table. But my perspective could be wrong

All you have is perception and there is no objective truth
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by PoliteActivist: 12:17pm On Apr 17, 2023
Erimaclout:

All you have is perception and there is no objective truth

Bingo!
You finally got it

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by Erimaclout: 12:25pm On Apr 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Bingo!
You finally got it

I could be wrong
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by PoliteActivist: 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
Erimaclout:

I could be wrong

Bingo!
You're finally in the swing of things.
What an education, right?
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by Erimaclout: 12:32pm On Apr 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Bingo!
You're finally in the swing of things.
What an education, right?

Right. Total detachment
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by PoliteActivist: 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2023
Erimaclout:

Right. Total detachment

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by Erimaclout: 12:45pm On Apr 17, 2023
[quote author=PoliteActivist post=122572144][/quote]

The pursuit of wisdom involved questioning assumptions and challenging one's own beliefs in order to uncover deeper truths.
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by PoliteActivist: 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2023
Erimaclout:

The pursuit of wisdom involved questioning assumptions and challenging one's own beliefs in order to uncover deeper truths.

Riiight!
And knowing that no matter how much you question abd challenge you'd still end up knowing almost nothing!
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by Erimaclout: 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Riiight!
And knowing that no matter how much you question abd challenge you'd still end up knowing almost nothing!

Yeah right ๐Ÿ‘ I think that's the first step to freedom
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by PoliteActivist: 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2023
Erimaclout:

Yeah right ๐Ÿ‘ I think that's the first step to freedom

Right, plus keeps you humble!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by Erimaclout: 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Right, plus keeps you humble!

Great. What's your take on thoughts and how it shapes our reality
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by PoliteActivist: 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2023
Erimaclout:

Great. What's your take on thoughts and how it shapes our reality

My OPINION is, our reality is an illusion at some level. And I believe our thoughts and words help create it.
My OPINION is, If you can force yourself to visualize or vocalize something it becomes possible, no matter how impossible it may seem!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by Erimaclout: 6:02pm On Apr 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

My OPINION is, our reality is an illusion at some level. And I believe our thoughts and words help create it.
My OPINION is, If you can force yourself to visualize or vocalize something it becomes possible, no matter how impossible it may seem!

Great. Just wanna make sure we on the same page
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by PoliteActivist: 6:12pm On Apr 17, 2023
Erimaclout:

Great. Just wanna make sure we on the same page

My opinion is, if you imagine or say something, and act as if it already happened, you have made it part of this our "fake" reality!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by Erimaclout: 6:34pm On Apr 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

My opinion is, if you imagine or say something, and act as if it already happened, you have made it part of this our "fake" reality!

This reality is like when someone wears vr. But this is controlled by thoughts. So now am not really here it's just my perspective.
I just wanna have a lot of money and become the best version of myself
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by PoliteActivist: 8:16pm On Apr 17, 2023
Erimaclout:

This reality is like when someone wears vr. But this is controlled by thoughts. So now am not really here it's just my perspective.
I just wanna have a lot of money and become the best version of myself

So you see it, say it, and get in the groove of it: the hard part is, you gotta act and behave like you already have a lot of money while broke! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by Erimaclout: 10:32pm On Apr 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

So you see it, say it, and get in the groove of it: the hard part is, you gotta act and behave like you already have a lot of money while broke! cheesy

Yeah that's the hard part but there must be a easier part I think
Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by PoliteActivist: 10:58pm On Apr 17, 2023
Erimaclout:

Yeah that's the hard part but there must be a easier part I think

I think, best thing is you just focus on the end result not on the details or the process, ร  la Jim Carrey below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v01DPgeIEuY

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Knowing And Believing by Erimaclout: 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I think, best thing is you just focus on the end result not on the details or the process, ร  la Jim Carrey below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v01DPgeIEuY

Great I will see how I can get my hands wrapped around this concept

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

โ€œthus Saith The Lordโ€ / Where them critics at? / Project Topics And The Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.