Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User (1715 Views)

User Research On A Cross Social Media App (pain Points & Needs) / Sold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Romoss Sense 6 Power Bank 20,000mah For Sale / Notorious Internet Fraudster, Pablo Ayodeji Reveals Why He Defrauds Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 2:27pm On Apr 17, 2023
It has been a month and few days now being a Romoss Sense 8P PLUS user and would be glad to share my experience and advice with intending buyers.

Personally, I wouldn't have bothered with a review as this is just what it is. A POWER BANK. However, I'm writing this as a response to a friend's request. So, let's dive right in!

Outline:
- Packaging and content
- Specification
- Experience, Comments and advice
- Retailer and Retail Price

Packaging and Content

The power bank arrived in a tightly sealed box/cartoon with prints of its name and specification all over the box. The contained the power bank enclosed in a transparent plastic and some manuals/instructional materials(who reads those anyways, especially given that it's a power bank?). That is all.

No USB cable, no charger!

The manuals were almost useless as the fonts weren't legible. Although, there was a part where it was explicitly stated that customers should use cable that came with the pack. Well, that's pretty confusing given the absence of one.

Overall, the package is premium enough to justify your decision even before you start off with using the power bank. There is also a Romoss sticker and QR code to authenticate the product's originality.

I[b] Specification [/b]

I won't bore you with details here since a simple search query on Google would turn up all that's expected. Yet, here you go:
It is rated 30,000mah
Five (5) ports in total (that's generous of Romoss)
- It supports input from an iPhone lightening port (no fast charge support),
- Input from micro USB popularly known as "BlackBerry" port (Supports Quick Charge with a max of 18W)
- Type C input/output (you can charge the power bank from this port and also charge your phone using a type c to type c cable) It also support fast charge at input state (18W max) and fast charge at output state )20W max)

The other two ports are the regular female USB ports for output. The green port can fast charge your phone (up to 18W) While the other white port does not fast charge any device connected to it. It charges at (10W) max

Experience, Comment and Advice

I'll be telling you what to expect should you decide to get this PARTICULAR Romoss Powerbank model. Also note that experience and expectation may be slightly different owing to some variables due to manufacturing.

I started using the power bank on the 8th of March, 2023. So, I think a month's usage should help give this review credibility. grin

I drained the power bank before charging it back up as instructed by my retailer and the Romoss manuals says the same.

Just so it doesn't take me a hell long duration to charge, I also bought a Romoss 20W Power Delivery charger. Unfortunately, the power bank seems to have a high taste for the type of USB cables used. For some reasons, it keeps charging at about 10W meaning it wasn't fast charging. It does not matter what cable I use even those that fast charges other phones have refused to work with my dear PB. Probably a defect on mine. However it fast charges any phone connected to it as long as the phone supports Quickcharge QC or Power Delivery (PD)

At about 10W, it takes roughly 15 hrs to charge up using the purchased Romoss charger and an original type C cable. Occasionally, I leave at the office from 7pm at the office and allow it to charge overnight. I realise it's still charging till 7.30 am the following day. It goes all through till around 10am before showing the 100% level on LCD.

It charges a redmi note 8 (4000mah) 4 times before draining to 17%

Using the same phone, a single charge of phone from 0% to 100% brings the power bank from 100% to 81% ( Not bad if you ask me)

NOTE: The power bank drops faster when charging at Rapid Charge mode and it tends to heat up too. This is expected since it's outputing a higher wattage than the usual 10W

Issues encountered

As with every brand today, I'd opine that Romoss
isn't what she used to be. It's understandable that the global economy is taking a great tow on firms and industries. Yet, manufacturing firms can still do well by maintaining their standards albeit at a higher selling price. Nonetheless, Romoss is one of the pricey power banks put there but the quality ... I repeat i...sn't what it was
few years ago.

Here are issues within ONE month of usage:
- Barely 2 weeks of purchase (17th March), the micro USB input port has broken off the motherboard without one reasonable explanation. I have been using the type C port ever since. (Lucky me grin )

- First charging, power bank percentage jumped from 84% to 99% and tarried on 99 for about 3 hrs (This isn't a problem of it were just only the first time but it does so occasionally)

- While draining (charging a phone), it would get to 15% and start counting like a stopwatch to 0%. So technically, you you've got till 15% before power bank dies

- Above all, the hit and miss Quick Charge mode when charging the power bank

That's all about the issues for now, I'm hoping that more do not surface in the future.

Some users have complained about visible swelling of the Polymer cells in the PB. So watch out for you current users as this is perculair to most brands using Li Polymer battery in their PB.

So fa; IT'S BEEN SERVING the purpose of a secondary power. I hope it stays that way for long.

Retailer and Retail Price
just2endowed is JUST too EFFICIENT and trustworthy. He is a guy you wouldn't hesitate to send 1 million to for a biz deal grin

He is my sure retailer who delivered as expected. I reached out to him on the 7th of March, made payment via transfer the same day for a power bank and an awesome 20W PD charger. He delivered the following day. Handled waybill easily and with patience was able to resolve issues when I delayed in picking up due to work.

Although I still have my reservations about his after sale services though.

Be informed that just2endowed might not be able to help you with a replacement or any other remedy should you end up with a defective product as mine.

I took my time to go through his past dealings here and would say he is honest but the issues surrounding WARRANTY CLAIMS might actually be Romoss' fault.

Retail price is between 23k to 25k as the time of this post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2023
The package

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
Hwre

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2023
Here

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2023
Ports

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2023
The spec as written on the PB

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2023
When not fast charging

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2023
When fast charging ...

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2023
The charger bought along side from just2endowed

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
Finally...

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Looter100: 8:32am On Apr 19, 2023
Wizyoung:
It has been a month and few days now being a Romoss Sense 8P PLUS user and would be glad to share my experience and advice with intending buyers.

Personally, I wouldn't have bothered with a review as this is just what it is. A POWER BANK. However, I'm writing this as a response to a friend's request. So, let's dive right in!

Outline:
- Packaging and content
- Specification
- Experience, Comments and advice
- Retailer and Retail Price

Packaging and Content

The power bank arrived in a tightly sealed box/cartoon with prints of its name and specification all over the box. The contained the power bank enclosed in a transparent plastic and some manuals/instructional materials(who reads those anyways, especially given that it's a power bank?). That is all.

No USB cable, no charger!

The manuals were almost useless as the fonts weren't legible. Although, there was a part where it was explicitly stated that customers should use cable that came with the pack. Well, that's pretty confusing given the absence of one.

Overall, the package is premium enough to justify your decision even before you start off with using the power bank. There is also a Romoss sticker and QR code to authenticate the product's originality.

I[b] Specification [/b]

I won't bore you with details here since a simple search query on Google would turn up all that's expected. Yet, here you go:
It is rated 30,000mah
Five (5) ports in total (that's generous of Romoss)
- It supports input from an iPhone lightening port (no fast charge support),
- Input from micro USB popularly known as "BlackBerry" port (Supports Quick Charge with a max of 18W)
- Type C input/output (you can charge the power bank from this port and also charge your phone using a type c to type c cable) It also support fast charge at input state (18W max) and fast charge at output state )20W max)

The other two ports are the regular female USB ports for output. The green port can fast charge your phone (up to 18W) While the other white port does not fast charge any device connected to it. It charges at (10W) max

Experience, Comment and Advice

I'll be telling you what to expect should you decide to get this PARTICULAR Romoss Powerbank model. Also note that experience and expectation may be slightly different owing to some variables due to manufacturing.

I started using the power bank on the 8th of March, 2023. So, I think a month's usage should help give this review credibility. grin

I drained the power bank before charging it back up as instructed by my retailer and the Romoss manuals says the same.

Just so it doesn't take me a hell long duration to charge, I also bought a Romoss 20W Power Delivery charger. Unfortunately, the power bank seems to have a high taste for the type of USB cables used. For some reasons, it keeps charging at about 10W meaning it wasn't fast charging. It does not matter what cable I use even those that fast charges other phones have refused to work with my dear PB. Probably a defect on mine. However it fast charges any phone connected to it as long as the phone supports Quickcharge QC or Power Delivery (PD)

At about 10W, it takes roughly 15 hrs to charge up using the purchased Romoss charger and an original type C cable. Occasionally, I leave at the office from 7pm at the office and allow it to charge overnight. I realise it's still charging till 7.30 am the following day. It goes all through till around 10am before showing the 100% level on LCD.

It charges a redmi note 8 (4000mah) 4 times before draining to 17%

Using the same phone, a single charge of phone from 0% to 100% brings the power bank from 100% to 81% ( Not bad if you ask me)

NOTE: The power bank drops faster when charging at Rapid Charge mode and it tends to heat up too. This is expected since it's outputing a higher wattage than the usual 10W

Issues encountered

As with every brand today, I'd opine that Romoss
isn't what she used to be. It's understandable that the global economy is taking a great tow on firms and industries. Yet, manufacturing firms can still do well by maintaining their standards albeit at a higher selling price. Nonetheless, Romoss is one of the pricey power banks put there but the quality ... I repeat i...sn't what it was
few years ago.

Here are issues within ONE month of usage:
- Barely 2 weeks of purchase (17th March), the micro USB input port has broken off the motherboard without one reasonable explanation. I have been using the type C port ever since. (Lucky me grin )

- First charging, power bank percentage jumped from 84% to 99% and tarried on 99 for about 3 hrs (This isn't a problem of it were just only the first time but it does so occasionally)

- While draining (charging a phone), it would get to 15% and start counting like a stopwatch to 0%. So technically, you you've got till 15% before power bank dies

- Above all, the hit and miss Quick Charge mode when charging the power bank

That's all about the issues for now, I'm hoping that more do not surface in the future.

Some users have complained about visible swelling of the Polymer cells in the PB. So watch out for you current users as this is perculair to most brands using Li Polymer battery in their PB.

So fa; IT'S BEEN SERVING the purpose of a secondary power. I hope it stays that way for long.

Retailer and Retail Price
just2endowed is JUST too EFFICIENT and trustworthy. He is a guy you wouldn't hesitate to send 1 million to for a biz deal grin

He is my sure retailer who delivered as expected. I reached out to him on the 7th of March, made payment via transfer the same day for a power bank and an awesome 20W PD charger. He delivered the following day. Handled waybill easily and with patience was able to resolve issues when I delayed in picking up due to work.

Although I still have my reservations about his after sale services though.

Be informed that just2endowed might not be able to help you with a replacement or any other remedy should you end up with a defective product as mine.

I took my time to go through his past dealings here and would say he is honest but the issues surrounding WARRANTY CLAIMS might actually be Romoss' fault.

Retail price is between 23k to 25k as the time of this post.

boss the Romoss I got from him self get calibration issues

1 Like

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by vichaz10(m): 6:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
Looter100:
boss the Romoss I got from him self get calibration issues

Can you elaborate more on this issue please
Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 9:09am On Aug 08, 2023
I'd be doing a teardown of this power bank at my leisure today.

The aim is to:
- try and fix the occasional "dead state"
- confirm the battery capacity
- See whether the failure to fast charge can be fixed too

Stay tuned...
Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 4:30pm On Aug 11, 2023
Wizyoung:
I'd be doing a teardown of this power bank at my leisure today.

The aim is to:
- try and fix the occasional "dead state"
- confirm the battery capacity
- See whether the failure to fast charge can be fixed too

Stay tuned...

I just didn't realise how busy the week could be before making fixing this schedule. *LOLZ*
Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 4:45pm On Aug 11, 2023
Here we go...

This would also help prove that the cells used in the Sense 8P+ are indeed genuine
Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2023
Nairaland with the usual picture uploading ish...

I'll be compressing the pics first and attempt uploading again
Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2023
Check 1

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2023
Check 2

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2023
It was no small feat getting the tough plastic enclosure to open without causing any damage to the cells.
Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2023
Check 3

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 5:25pm On Aug 11, 2023
Three li-polymer cells in parallel with 10,000mah each
Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2023
Check 4

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 5:39pm On Aug 11, 2023
And...

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 5:50pm On Aug 11, 2023
At the end of this exercise, I was able to:

- fix the occasional "dead state" as the rogue charging port was moving about in the enclosure and occasionally creating a short on some components. It's removal fixed this problem.

To those who don't understand the dead state issue. This is a problem in which the power power bank appears to be dead. No power indicator, does not output power from its ports even when it is fully charged. The only way to bring it back is usually to plug it to a charger for "awakening"

- the power bank is truly 30,000mAh as seen from the images above.

- the fast charging issue could not be fixed as it appears to be a chip problem.

And... I think that's pretty much all.

Another thing is; the power bank has a thermal sensor which monitors temperature and I believe the power I/O will shutdown at the presence of a very high temp. That's a good thing further establishing the premium quality of the power bank

1 Like

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Mikesmd(m): 2:48pm On Sep 06, 2023
Wow! Now this what a review should be like. Nice work done with this review, dude. 👍
Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 8:48am On Sep 07, 2023
Mikesmd:
Wow! Now this what a review should be like. Nice work done with this review, dude. 👍

Thank you! grin
Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by mzcreativity(f): 9:48am On Jan 07
@wizyoung please I need help on how I can fix my Romoss sense 8+ power bank, just yesterday being 6th January 2024, it’s no longer powering ON after the charging Adapter got burnt. Please I just bought it on 14th November 2023 on Jumia. Is there any way it can be fixed & can start working again. I would really appreciate any form of help or idea on where or how my ROMOSS power bank can be fixed. This incident happened at a charging center where I usually go to charge my phone and power bank due to lack of electricity in the area that I live. That’s the power bank.

Re: Romoss Sense 8P Plus: A Sincere Review From A User by Wizyoung(m): 9:16pm On Jan 07
mzcreativity:
@wizyoung please I need help on how I can fix my Romoss sense 8+ power bank, just yesterday being 6th January 2024, it’s no longer powering ON after the charging Adapter got burnt. Please I just bought it on 14th November 2023 on Jumia. Is there any way it can be fixed & can start working again. I would really appreciate any form of help or idea on where or how my ROMOSS power bank can be fixed. This incident happened at a charging center where I usually go to charge my phone and power bank due to lack of electricity in the area that I live. That’s the power bank.

I'm sorry that happened to your unit. Your best bet is to take it to a technician (phone repairer) to have it fixed. So many of them can fix bad power banks

(1) (Reply)

Pepper Spray(3-in-1) Alarm,flashlight And Pepper(personal Body Guard) / I Need Skysat Sk-201 Software / HELP: Ideas On How To Build A Local Radio Transmitter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.