Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State (36660 Views)

Policemen Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Emohua, Rivers Arrested / Policeman Who Flogged A Man With A Cutlass Faces Trial / Tola Azeez: Police Officers Who Flogged A Woman Yesterday In Osun Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Lagyaovye33: 12:38am On Apr 19, 2023
Why them no de learn from others na. With this another one go still do again. Ahhh
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by superCleanworks(m): 12:46am On Apr 19, 2023
Lamasta:

Cutting his rank is fair at least he's shoulder will be down for some years before he rises back to that position again

sabi man. he will suffer the shame of taking orders from his mates and juniors. it is even better he resigns because he might never get promoted again.

1 Like

Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by PopQueenAgency: 2:43am On Apr 19, 2023
N3TRAL:
This should serve as deterrent to policemen who abuse their power and disrespect the fundamental rights of the citizens that they are obliged to protect.

I'm happy that the victim of the Policeman's brutality has gotten justice.

I hope that the families of thousands of young men murdered by the notorious, now defunct, Awkuzu Sars get justice and closure soon.

You are right. I also hope all the thousands of Lagosians disenfranchised through the cooperation of the police will find justice.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by okonja(m): 3:03am On Apr 19, 2023
Offpoint1:
I wonder why Nigerians don't sue police. if this was America, the police department would had been sued and heavy compensation paid to the victim.

This demotions is just for the media, I've been in the system for long I know how all of these will end.

It’s exist but only those who have the idea does, furthermore, judicial system in Nigeria only favours few, so most are discouraged in embarking on that path.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Newness2019: 3:18am On Apr 19, 2023
HE SHOULD BE CHARGED TO COURT FOR ASSAULT.

THE ASSAULTED MAN SHOULD BE ADEQUATELY COMPENSATED.

HE SHOULD BE DISMISSED AFTER.

HE WILL NEVER CHANGE, HE WILL DO WORST THINGS.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by fkj950ax(m): 4:31am On Apr 19, 2023
Since the police has carried out disciplinary action in the policeman, then the victim should sue him in civil court using the police punishment as evidence.
He can ask for financial damages
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by EdiskyHarry: 5:10am On Apr 19, 2023
Rubbish. I was expecting dismissal followed by 15 years imprisonment.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by jeff1607(m): 5:33am On Apr 19, 2023
naptu2:

But they dismissed officers recently and people complained that they shouldn't have been dismissed because that would create new armed robbers.

3 Policemen Dismissed For Firing Shots While Hyping Musician In Kano
https://www.nairaland.com/7652051/3-policemen-dismissed-firing-shots

What the previous poster Said is true. The police will say dismissed but the guilty officers are usually posted to another state
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Wisswhales007: 5:45am On Apr 19, 2023
Offpoint1:
I wonder why Nigerians don't sue police. if this was America, the police department would had been sued and heavy compensation paid to the victim.

This demotions is just for the media, I've been in the system for long I know how all of these will end.

Sue ke who will compensate? Police force that is broke
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by jimb(m): 5:47am On Apr 19, 2023
I prefer to slap him back while he keeps his stupid badge.
I av trained my palms for a kind of sports I watch on TV so I wouldn't mind slapping him back in return to know what a good slap sounds like.
I added small juju to my palm and am sure orthopedic matrass will be his case afterwards.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Nobody: 5:51am On Apr 19, 2023
He should be in jail for assault. Which kain yeye coutry be dis!
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by naptu2: 6:18am On Apr 19, 2023
jeff1607:

What the previous poster Said is true. The police will say dismissed but the guilty officers are usually posted to another state

naptu2:

Foreseer.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by jeff1607(m): 6:24am On Apr 19, 2023
naptu2:

But they dismissed officers recently and people complained that they shouldn't have been dismissed because that would create new armed robbers.

3 Policemen Dismissed For Firing Shots While Hyping Musician In Kano
https://www.nairaland.com/7652051/3-policemen-dismissed-firing-shots

Npf officers are usually not dismissed, they are usually transferred to other states and still on payroll
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by histemple: 6:51am On Apr 19, 2023
Offpoint1:

Even in Nigeria, people sue the police for fundamental rights violations and in most cases, they win.

In the instant case, the police has already made the case easier having found the perpetrators guilty.

BTW, I don't think the "severe reprimand" directed at the sergeant for not stopping the inspector from conducting himself violently, is justified. A sergeant is junior to an inspector and in the force, seniority is revered.

But it all depends on the victim.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by jeff1607(m): 6:56am On Apr 19, 2023
naptu2:

Bro na really wa for you, you had to go to a diary to mention me so you don’t get quoted,

I have seen a DPO kill a woman (the wife of the man is on nairaland here)but in the news but he was promoted and currently serving as an ASP as we speak

Another had a hand in killing a woman’s child and defrauding her of her money with all facts was dismissed but was transferred to Abeokuta then later back to lagos and still promoted. It might not be all police officers but I only talk what I know. It’s not like you can do anything about it, why do you think most dismissed officer’s name aren’t posted ? They kill and maim but get transferred to other states because of bosses and most times cover murder done by friends and nothing is done.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Powerkevin: 7:06am On Apr 19, 2023
Our leaders should known anything that will take us back to endsars part 2 let them avoid it
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by MrBroke(m): 7:08am On Apr 19, 2023
naptu2:

Foreseer.

Blind man grin
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by jeff1607(m): 7:27am On Apr 19, 2023
naptu2:

Who is really interested in ur opinion? Pray that what befell the people who were killed or embarrassed doesn’t happen to you or those close to your family.

Man doesn’t have the balls to argue constructively without running away and now goes to hide in dairy section quoting me. This will be my last msg to you on this issue, .

Opinions isn’t something another individual is forced to agree on . You claim you don’t read but here u are quoting me. I just hope police brutality doesn’t come to your door step and hope you know one doesn’t have to be guilty to be brutalized by your people the Nigerian police.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by FreedomArmy: 7:30am On Apr 19, 2023
Nyanabo:
Police no fit harass me like this go free. Especially when I'm within my right.
what can you do against a man with gun?
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by REALretep(m): 7:37am On Apr 19, 2023
naptu2:
Nigeria Police Force @PoliceNG

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG/status/1648371839511543842

See previous threads: Police Officer Captured Harassing A Man At Emohua Checkpoint, Port Harcourt

Policemen Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Emohua, Rivers Arrested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OsHjCj6K0U
They should further institute a civil litigation against the cop.
This punishment is insufficient to teach policemen lessons.
Let the court also punish him
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by ComeToJesus: 8:01am On Apr 19, 2023
naptu2:
Nigeria Police Force @PoliceNG

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG/status/1648371839511543842

See previous threads: Police Officer Captured Harassing A Man At Emohua Checkpoint, Port Harcourt

Policemen Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Emohua, Rivers Arrested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OsHjCj6K0U

I commend this present IG of police. He doesn't take BS from his rank and file.

However, the victim of the de-ranked officer should have been called to slap him back same number of times and also flog him with cane.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by bighorlus(m): 8:12am On Apr 19, 2023
Ashez:
The idiot is even smiling for the camera
he is definately not smiling on the inside
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by AlphaWolf27: 8:20am On Apr 19, 2023
So many unintelligent responses here which is so disappointing. This is a slap on the wrist.

The question that should be asked "Is his offence a criminal offence?" Answer is YES.
He ought to be suspended, dismissed or whatever and the subject to a justice in a competent court.

The victim should take the officer and the Nigeria Police to court then they'll wake up.
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by frndfghtr(m): 8:23am On Apr 19, 2023
Why not cobra or costrouble
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by byteem: 8:45am On Apr 19, 2023
Lamasta:
Good they should always be scolded for abusing innocent Nigerians publicly

It would be nice if soldier were treated this way
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Lamasta(m): 9:19am On Apr 19, 2023
superCleanworks:

sabi man. he will suffer the shame of taking orders from his mates and juniors. it is even better he resigns because he might never get promoted again.

No be lie baba grin that feeling when you come down to the level of those you use to use your Kevel to intimidate before
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by Lamasta(m): 9:21am On Apr 19, 2023
byteem:

It would be nice if soldier were treated this way

Those ones are unknown
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by luckingto50: 9:40am On Apr 19, 2023
Audio deranking
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by bunminikan(m): 10:04am On Apr 19, 2023
💯
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by ufuosman(m): 10:05am On Apr 19, 2023
Creamypie:
E no go slap again
e go avoid anything wen go bring sack😂😂😂
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by ufuosman(m): 10:06am On Apr 19, 2023
Lessons for those that will learn
Re: Adejoh Siaka: Police Demote Policeman Who Flogged & Slapped Man In Rivers State by completeskills: 10:59am On Apr 19, 2023
Nyanabo:
Police no fit harass me like this go free. Especially when I'm within my right.

In Nigeria....it is sometimes better to let go of your right especially when dealing with a crude unprofessional police man with a gun.

Just an advice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

15-Year-Old Boy Who Had Sex With A Goat In Niger State Arrested / Film Producer Poisons His Lover, Killing Her Unborn Baby (Lhoto) / Cultist Shot In The Head By Rival Gang In Akwa Ibom State. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.