Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story (747 Views)

Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story / Audu Japheth & Kabson Beloved Ziryi Wrongly Arrested & Paraded By EFCC / Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story by obembet(f): 10:59am On Apr 20, 2023
There is a certain prayer my mom use to pray for me in Yoruba language, she always pray that Ki a ma rarin fose si, I never understand this pray until I grew up. When I begin to read about a story of many Nigerians that were wrongly arrested for the crime they know nothing about.

Some year years ago, I read about a story of upcoming Musician, John Edward was a victim of wrongful imprisonment. He was jailed for murder, a crime he knew nothing about according to the punch.

“On June 1, 2016, I was returning from a hip-hop video shoot and had my costumes tucked in my bag. On my way home, I ran into some policemen conducting a stop-and-search operation. They stopped me. I was searched; they found nothing on me but they ordered me to follow them to their station. I obeyed their order without questioning.

“When we got there, I called my producer and my sister; this was in Makurdi, Benue State. When my producer came, he showed them my video and on the second day, I was bailed with a sum of N20, 000. As of then, the Investigating Police Officer was not around and I left for the Air Force Base with my sister without my phone, a Blackberry Z30.

“On the following Monday, I returned to the station to pick up my phone and met with the IPO. I told the IPO that I wanted to collect my phone. He asked me to sit down and I was there for about four hours. In my presence, he wrote a report and later brought out of a file pictures of someone that was butchered. He then asked for my full name, which I told him without knowing what was going on. Before I knew it, he brought out handcuffs and two cellmates and he labelled me as the “ring leader”.

Another one was Clinton Kalu , a native of Imo State, regained freedom from the Port Harcourt Maximum Prison in 2019. The 56-year-old consultant criminologist had spent 27 years on death row before the Supreme Court set aside his conviction, quashed the spurious murder charges against him and handed him his freedom. Today, he wears a smile that bellies his pains and loses.

I also read about story of Mr. Femi Ariyo , a Lagos-based transporter onFebruary 28, 2018 who received a phone call from the now disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad department of the Nigeria Police Force.

That unexpected phone call would mark, for him, the beginning of a journey to Kirikiri Maximum Prison, which lasted over four harrowing years.

Ariyo, who was married and had children, would lose his wife, who left and abandoned his children. Yet, he never committed the crime he was accused of and for which he was made to go through all that trouble.

I believe many people here pass through this same challenge, so if You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story

Source: obembet

Nlfpmod
Seun
mynd44
Lalasticlala

Re: Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story by Elmojiid(m): 11:11am On Apr 20, 2023
Am here to learn and stories
Re: Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story by tonicyril: 11:26am On Apr 20, 2023
Hmm

When I was still doing bricklaying work, na so I call one of my senior colleagues ooh that make I con do join man na so we pack ourselves go on bush for ikorodu.

Na the concrete footing (German floor) a day lay when I heard a very thick and sonorous voice saying.. "ARE U DEAF?"

When I raise up and looked back na four able bodied giant men a dey see with double cartridge rifles each. Na so I melt.

Before we say Jack dem don dey pack all of us inside their Hilux, dem bundle us like panla down to Area commander in igbogbo., Collect my fon and money on me and the rope I used to belt my trouser, na so my trouser dey dangle a con resemble someone from....well, my body full of cement, no clothes no shoe no belt, trouser is oversize and all.

It was in the station that we realized that there was a dispute on the land we re working on.

Anyway sha, we spent more than 6hrs in the cell before we were bailed.

That was the first time I would see big muskitos fighting ontop my ownership.
Imagine 19 men in a 12by8 room closed to a oozing toilet and infested with fly-statured moskitos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story by EastAlchemist: 11:38am On Apr 20, 2023
Hmmmmm
Re: Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story by Zonefree(m): 11:41am On Apr 20, 2023
Ariyo, who was married and had children, would lose his wife, who left and abandoned his children. Yet, he never committed the crime he was accused of and for which he was made to go through all that trouble.

You see why we place mothers over wives? Same reason Hakimi chose his mother over his gold-digger wife.

Your mother will never leave you even when you're guilty of the crime. Naira Marley mother was the only woman standing with him during his trials.

A word is enough for a fool.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story by obembet(f): 11:46am On Apr 20, 2023
tonicyril:
Hmm

When I was still doing bricklaying work, na so I call one of my senior colleagues ooh that make I con do join man na so we pack ourselves go on bush for ikorodu.

Na the concrete footing (German floor) a day lay when I heard a very thick and sonorous voice saying.. "ARE U DEAF?"

When I raise up and looked back na four able bodied giant men a dey see with double cartridge rifles each. Na so I melt.

Before we say Jack dem don dey pack all of us inside their Hilux, dem bundle us like panla down to Area commander in igbogbo., Collect my fon and money on me and the rope I used to belt my trouser, na so my trouser dey dangle a con resemble someone from....well, my body full of cement, no clothes no shoe no belt, trouser is oversize and all.

It was in the station that we realized that there was a dispute on the land we re working on.

Anyway sha, we spent more than 6hrs in the cell before we were bailed.

That was the first time I would see big muskitos fighting ontop my ownership.
Imagine 19 men in a 12by8 room closed to a oozing toilet and infested with fly-statured moskitos.

Omo, Na God save you o

Nlfpmod
Re: Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story by tonicyril: 11:50am On Apr 20, 2023
obembet:

Omo, Na God save you o

Nlfpmod

Na God oh, thank God say the woman came to bail us with almost 50k...I was wondering what if she choose to do stonghead..Omo na so we go reach ikoyi ooh grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story by nittroboy(m): 11:53am On Apr 20, 2023
Following
Re: Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story by obembet(f): 2:39pm On Apr 20, 2023
Nlfpmod
Seun
mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story by Jagermeister(m): 6:24am On Apr 23, 2023
tonicyril:

Na God oh, thank God say the woman came to bail us with almost 50k...I was wondering what if she choose to do stonghead..Omo na so we go reach ikoyi ooh grin

Why you dey fear Ikoyi?

Ikoyi is a lot nicer than Ikorodu, in context tongue
Re: Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story by tonicyril: 7:24am On Apr 23, 2023
Jagermeister:

Why you dey fear Ikoyi?

Ikoyi is a lot nicer than Ikorodu, in context tongue
But a no wan become an ex-convict smiley
Re: Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story by obembet(f): 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2023
tonicyril:
But a no wan become an ex-convict smiley

I don't know why Nlfpmod Seun Lalasticlala is not taking this to FP

(1) (Reply)

California Man Drives To Utah To Kill Brother, Murder Him, Set Fire To His Home / Primary School Children Give Their Selves Wounded Marks As They Join Cult VIDEO / Missing 18-year Old girl Returns Back Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.