Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,254 members, 7,829,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Offense: The Enemy Within - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Offense: The Enemy Within (102 Views)

I Killed This Bat The Enemy Sent To My House At Night / How The Enemy Makes You Reject The Finished Work Of Jesus Christ On The Cross / Top 20 MFM Personal Prayers That Can Cause The Fall Of The Enemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Offense: The Enemy Within by duyox2004: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2023
THURSDAY DIGEST

*Offense: the enemy within*

Proverbs 19:11 "A person's discretion makes him slow to anger, And it is his glory to overlook an offense"

Offense is one of the easiest trap a believer can fall into. A stumbling block and an hinderance.

The Trap of offense blurs vision, creates spiritual chaos and it's the most effective tool to stagnate the vision of God for our lives and the church.

It takes a spiritual maturity to deal with the power of offense.

When we get offended, we immediately lose focus on what matters and start getting sapped by irrelevances. What could matter more than God's divine purpose and destiny?

Is it the gossip about you? Or what someone did in the past. Nothing is actually worth the offense compared to what God is about to do with our lives.

I call offense the enemy within because its the easiest trap that as taken most believers off track.

People change churches because they are offended. People start new ministries/churches because of this same offense.

Offense is a major reason for division in the body of Christ.

A major distraction.

But in actual fact, offense is even deeper because it can lead to jealousy, envy and murder.

When you're offended sin is literally at your door and probably in your life. Offended people are more vulnerable and likely to sin.

Cast away all form of offense, live freely, let your heart be light, try as much as possible to be at peace with yourself that you might be at peace with all.

Offense made Cain a desolate
Offense made Saul a victim
Offense made Esau a raging wanderer

Offense can block a destiny, try not to offend people. Do your best to give people a good experience.

Offence is derailing and I've been a victim of it myself.

Offense can push you away from God

May we find the spiritual mindset to block and destroy every form of offense in Jesus name.

You're glorified when you overlook an offense, but stumble when you don't

Written by D.Cephas

(1) (Reply)

May 2: Saint Athanasius, Bishop And Doctor—memorial / Completing The New Testament In A Year (day139) / Fundraising For Tolu Ilori Foundation Charity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.