Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

What Do Nigerians Really Mean When They Say They Want To Japa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do Nigerians Really Mean When They Say They Want To Japa? (413 Views)

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers / Nigerians In UAE Say They Are Being Forced To Leave Today / Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Nigerians Really Mean When They Say They Want To Japa? by LesbianBoy(m): 5:09pm On Apr 20, 2023
Because I thought we were all on the same page!

Ask most Nigerians especially the youths about how Nigeria is and they will tell you that the country is so bad, how there are insecurities, no peace of mind etc. and that they want to japa (even those that voted bad government say complain) undecided

But I have come to realise that,because the way Nigeria is so bad and how people complain now, japa should be go and never step foot again in the country. But it seems many Nigerians don't see it that way.

For instance, the Easter holiday that just ended, when I see my fellow Nigerian that I know and I have not seen for some time and ask "how far na, long time" I noticed many of them always say how they went to nigeria for holiday or for one occasion or the other.

Also, I have and heard about how so many Nigerians that make money abroad, send money back to someone in Nigeria to build house for them or buy one thing that looks like investment sha

Even here on Nairaland in travel section, I see many people that made noise about how they have japa and how Nigeria is bad. They insult Nigeria and their thread would go on to have so many pages. But when the buzz of those thread goes down I have visited some of those people profile to see what they are up to and I noticed some of them have visited nigeria lowkey. (in their mind nobody will notice. Dem think say dem dey wise) cheesy

And I ask myself, I thought these people said they have japa why are they still stepping their foot in Nigeria. Makes me wonder......

Are people really japaing for a better country or they go abroad so they can making plenty money to come spend and oppress their fellow Nigerians in Nigeria.

Guys what do you think?

Justwise lalasticlala DisGuy
Re: What Do Nigerians Really Mean When They Say They Want To Japa? by LesbianBoy(m): 5:11pm On Apr 20, 2023
cool
Re: What Do Nigerians Really Mean When They Say They Want To Japa? by Ireportlive: 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2023
cool

You already have your answer. ..

Many Nigerians migrated for no meaningful reason but to brag and form on the internet

I have a friend who got his wife to apply for masters in UK, got himself and his 1 year old kid to relocate on Spousal support

Cost #14million

Benefits...

Wife gets Msc for £9000, or #6,000,000 in UK, which cost #1,000,000 in Baze University Abuja, same curriculum

He lives in his 4 bedroom bungalow built by him while in Nigeria, with Solar inverter, a Generating set, a Camry Muscle LE and some comfort

Now he rents a room in Manchester for £500 a month in a shared flat occupying his room with a wife and a one year old

As for work, he manages at a cold room for £12p an hour 20% tax, got some caregiver or adult nanny job offer to take care of elderly

2 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Really Mean When They Say They Want To Japa? by Flight90: 5:35pm On Apr 20, 2023
cheesy
Re: What Do Nigerians Really Mean When They Say They Want To Japa? by Starboytwo(m): 2:29am On Apr 21, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

You already have your answer. ..

Many Nigerians migrated for no meaningful reason but to brag and form on the internet

I have a friend who got his wife to apply for masters in UK, got himself and his 1 year old kid to relocate on Spousal support

Cost #14million

Benefits...

Wife gets Msc for £9000, or #6,000,000 in UK, which cost #1,000,000 in Baze University Abuja, same curriculum

He lives in his 4 bedroom bungalow built by him while in Nigeria, with Solar inverter, a Generating set, a Camry Muscle LE and some comfort

Now he rents a room in Manchester for £500 a month in a shared flat occupying his room with a wife and a one year old

As for work, he manages at a cold room for £12p an hour 20% tax, got some caregiver or adult nanny job offer to take care of elderly

damn, this is depressing sha. Works in a cold room, selling ice block or frozen fish, damn.

After you close from your cold room, reeking terribly of fish, you hurriedly find your way to your next job, as your 102 year old “former racist, shriveled old ass white lady be waiting for you to change her damn soiled napkins/pampers and get her a.ss cleaned.

She don’t even like your black fish smelling hands touching her body but someone gotta clean the shiit and wash her.

7 minutes later, she did it again and you could hear and smell the fart and the accompanying shit show, you livid as hell. Yeah yeah another round of shiit washing grin, what a miserable life.

Mrs white old ass former rascist -- Xcuse me, erm Mr, I’m sorry I can’t seem to wrap my head around your name, what’s it again? She asked for the 18th time.

Sorry ass black man-(sigh heavily) 😡 shakes head.

White as.s lady- oops, I think I done it again.

Sorry as.s black man- (loosing all form of decorum) which kain life be dis “nitori olohun” (for Gods sake) is this how I’m going to continue? Madam, did you eat beans ni abi what is all this one that you are sheeting every five minutes? Me akanot stay here and be packing sheet ooo, besides, it’s one sheet per day we agreed with your son.

Old as.s white woman— Would you be nice use a little of that powder this time around, you didn’t use it earlier. Pls be gentle.

Sad.

3 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Really Mean When They Say They Want To Japa? by LesbianBoy(m): 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2023
This deserves frontpage

Justwise lalasticlala DisGuy

(1) (Reply)

Need Advice Pls I Can't Reschedule My Appointment Date For Intl Passport / When Embarking On A Journey You Need To Know This. / Any Information On Malaysia Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.