Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,000 members, 7,841,839 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! (664 Views)

As A Guest, Is It Rude To Finish Or Not To Finish My Glass Before Leaving / Help!! A Single Mother Of Three Has Finish My Life. / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! by kalex0(m): 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
It all started on the 20th of December when I had a plate of pepper soup and fish. Few hours after taking this, I noticed something moving up my chest. I had short breath started feeling some burning sensation on my chest. I was rushed to the hospital where I was treated temporarily thinking it was food poisoning. Some days later, I was still having the pain and I visited a stat hospital, I ran a test(H pylori) and it was positive. I've been battling this since then. I've taken series of drugs, still to no avail. I've taken some natural stuffs too, still the same thing. I'm always very anxious. I hardly go out because of the pain and I eat every hr.

Please don't mind my blunders. I need a permanent solution please

I'm on the verge of getting sacked at work and I have heads to feed.
Re: Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! by Mindlog: 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
You are dealing with Acid Reflux!

I also did test positive for H Pylori and placed on a combined mix of medications by the doctor.....it is now history as I also keep away from certain meals.

Who prescribed the drugs you took?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! by sisisioge: 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2023
I had something similar a gazillion years ago and mine was actually termed upper belly ulcer/gas. I was advised to take a lot of milk, stay away from pop drinks, pufpuff and other gaseous foods, eat regularly, stay away from spicey foods and take my drugs. I did and I have been fine. Follow your doctor's instructions and you will be fine. Milk is your best friend at the moment.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! by kalex0(m): 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
Mindlog:
You are dealing with Acid Reflux!

I also did test positive for H Pylori and placed on a combined mix of medications by the doctor.....it is now history as I also keep away from certain meals.

A medical doctor at a state hospital

Rebeprazole, erythromycin, amoxilin

Still no changes

Help me please

Who prescribed the drugs you took?

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! by kalex0(m): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2023
sisisioge:
I had something similar a gazillion years ago and mine was actually termed upper belly ulcer/gas. I was advised to take a lot of milk, stay away from pop drinks, pufpuff and other gaseous foods, eat regularly, stay away from spicey foods and take my drugs. I did and I have been fine. Follow your doctor's instructions and you will be fine. Milk is your best friend at the moment.

The doctor said i should stay away from milk

I've stopped taking things you mentioned

Did you suffer heartburn too?
Re: Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! by sisisioge: 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
kalex0:

I've stopped taking things you mentioned

Did you suffer heartburn too?

Yes....I guess our issues werent the same then. Pls listen to your doctor and do as she/he said. They understand these things more. Good luck with it....it will soon be gone completely by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! by Mindlog: 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2023
[quote author=kalex0 post=122699208][/quote]

My doctor here in the UK.

Go back to the hospital and tell the doctor that gave the prescription that you are not feeling relived

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! by kalex0(m): 5:21pm On Apr 23, 2023
Mindlog:

My doctor here in the UK.

Go back to the hospital and tell the doctor that gave the prescription that you are not feeling relived

You can't compare your drugs over there to the ones we have here.

Did you do endoscopy?

Please which drug did he give you?
Re: Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! by Mindlog: 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2023
kalex0:

You can't compare your drugs over there to the ones we have here.

Did you do endoscopy?

Please which drug did he give you?

Yes, I did an endoscopy alongside a colonoscopy.

Sorry, I can't share details of my prescription because It is unethical on my part and also to avoid self-medicating.

The doctor who treated my case is a gastroenterologist, I hope the doctor who prescribed your medication is one.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! by frozen70(f): 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2023
kalex0:
It all started on the 20th of December when I had a plate of pepper soup and fish. Few hours after taking this, I noticed something moving up my chest. I had short breath started feeling some burning sensation on my chest. I was rushed to the hospital where I was treated temporarily thinking it was food poisoning. Some days later, I was still having the pain and I visited a stat hospital, I ran a test(H pylori) and it was positive. I've been battling this since then. I've taken series of drugs, still to no avail. I've taken some natural stuffs too, still the same thing. I'm always very anxious. I hardly go out because of the pain and I eat every hr.

Please don't mind my blunders. I need a permanent solution please

I'm on the verge of getting sacked at work and I have heads to feed.

That could be angina pain not heart burn

But even at that, take fruits immediately after each meal

Take Gaviscon syrup, it's so far the best antacid for heart burn then you take omiprazole tablet 400mg morning and night

Also, check your blood pressure, if you know that you experience that pain you are referring to heart burn anytime you are angry or tensed up due to anxiety

Learn to relax your mind especially if you have so much burden on you

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! by Allfavours: 2:09am On Apr 24, 2023
One thing many people don't associate with heart burn is anxiety and it is the one thing that will render all treatment useless.
These days whenever I have heartburn, I just get powdered milk, either in water or just like that, it does wonders.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! by kalex0(m): 8:07am On Apr 24, 2023
Allfavours:
One thing many people don't associate with heart burn is anxiety and it is the one thing that will render all treatment useless.
These days whenever I have heartburn, I just get powdered milk, either in water or just like that, it does wonders.

Since when have you been battling with heartburn?
Re: Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! by Adaisback(f): 5:20am On Apr 25, 2023
Turmeric and milk drink will do just fine. Ndo
Re: Please Help, Heatburn Wants To Finish My Life! by Mindlog: 7:14am On Apr 25, 2023
Adaisback:
Turmeric and milk drink will do just fine. Ndo

For Acid reflux, milk is not advisable except fat-free milk for temporal relief but we know what is predominantly in the market.

(1) (Reply)

How True Is This? / There Is Fierce Harmattan In Abuja And Rain In The East. / Simi Advocates For Cohabitation Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.