Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,675 members, 7,851,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:38 PM

Autism Flight Risk; 3 Tips To Protect Your Autistic Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Autism Flight Risk; 3 Tips To Protect Your Autistic Child (268 Views)

Autistic Couple Find Love And Protection In Each Other. They ar Happily Married. / Autistic Child: Please Help / Mum With An Autistic Child Reflects On Her Emotional Journey As He Turns 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Autism Flight Risk; 3 Tips To Protect Your Autistic Child by livingoutsidetb(f): 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2023
One of the things that gave me huge anxiety as an autism parent, especially in the early years of diagnosis was autism flight risk!

What’s Autism Flight Risk?

Autism flight risk, also known as Autism wandering, is the inclination of autistic persons to wander away from safe surroundings without notice. For parents and carers of autistic children, this can be a serious problem.

Between March and early April 2023, I have seen two flyers of missing children on the autism spectrum and both are nonverbal. I can’t imagine what their families went through emotionally during this period (they have both been found), and these incidents prompted me to write about this autism reality.

https://www.livingoutsidethebox.com.ng/autism-flight-risk-3-tips-to-protect-your-autistic-child/

(1) (Reply)

. / Love What You Have, Before Life Teaches You To Lov - Tymoff / Spiritual Meaning Of Flying In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.