Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,945 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? (21005 Views)

What's Your Thought On Women Who Wear/put On Henna? Check These Out! (pics Ins) / Women Who Wear Beads, Small Ones, On Their Waist. Who Are They? / "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Patrioticman007(m): 3:53pm On May 09, 2023
GeneralPula:
I dislike the Wig ehh..

Wig is not for naija girls! It doesn't suit them at all! It makes them look old, more artificial and not pleasing to the eye! I wonder why them no dey tell them the truth..

Make a Weaving, Shuku, Kojusoko, Patewo, and see how beautiful & natural you'll look!

They refuse to cover their heads written in the Bible & Quran but will cover their heads with wig as authorized by the devil.
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Chizzychinny: 4:01pm On May 09, 2023
I don't like it, I don't have any and am not planning to own one.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by ImpregnaTor(m): 4:09pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
This up coming weekend is gonna be a long weekend and I honestly wasn't planning on going home because I just need a break from my family. But I received a call yesterday that a relative is getting married this up coming weekend and that one of the bridesmaids just told them that she couldn't make it and they need someone to replace her ASAP, so they chose me.

They said I could buy any kind of a dress as long as it's the same colour as the bridesmaids dresses... The bride has already gotten a stylist that's gonna do the bridesmaids hair and makeup and I'm told that all bridesmaids will be made to wear lace wigs.. I don't like wigs, especially lace wigs whereby I'm gonna have my forehead glued.. the longest I've worn a wig I think it was for 5 or 6 hours, and it was very hot... I removed it even before I got home.. grin grin grin

I've never owned a wig before and I don't think I'll ever do, but I don't know, maybe things may change in the future.. I only do braids and style my natural hair.

So I want to know from ladies who most of the time wear wigs, especially lace wigs... How do you cope in them? Especially in this blazing hot African weather?
But I was told south Africa is not a hot country? Which city do u live in SA? If you're complaining this way imagine the girls wearing wigs in Nigeria, it must be really hell.
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 09, 2023
Our summers and Autumns are hot, but you guys might just find them to be just warm and not hot.

What's the highest temperatures there?
ImpregnaTor:
But I was told south Africa is not a hot country? Which city do u live in SA? If you're complaining this way imagine the girls wearing wigs in Nigeria, it must be really hell.
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Streetmovement(m): 4:54pm On May 09, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Ladies who wear wig, how do you cope with the smell? I think that should be the question

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by DaddyJapan(m): 5:08pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
The wedding has passed.

Ah, okay.
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by FashionCookie(f): 5:12pm On May 09, 2023
Princessdainty:
yes men wear wigs too. Ever heard of transgender?
Then I'm sure the ones that commented a transgenders grin
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by SAMBARRY: 5:35pm On May 09, 2023
Kholiwe:

No business skills or job but they are richer than you ๐Ÿ˜‚
LMAoo they're broker than a church rat.flashy bags with nothing inside, funny looking wigs with no business acumen inside the brain.orisirisi.rich indeey grin
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Caseless: 5:45pm On May 09, 2023
Exodus15v11:
I wear long, kinky straight lace wigs that look like my real hair and have been for about 5-years now. Let me tell you something: I don't glue nothing down, because ain't nobody got the time for that. What I do is buy them from companies that not only make the hair look real but the lace as well, so that when I put it on, it looks like my scalp/like it's growing out of my scalp. They're also a comfortable fit (I usually buy them a size larger) and don't fall off my head or anything of the sort. I was on rollercoaster rides last summer and they didn't fall off, despite being thousands of feet in the air, but the elastic bands at the back on the inside does help keep them secure. I've the Got2b glue and spray but I don't use them at all. So, no, you don't have to glue down lace wigs; if you invest in good ones, there would be no need for all that. They're not cheap though (I spend between $300 to $700 on them/per wig, no joke), but that's the caveat โ€• good wigs cost a little bit more money than cheap ones.
Pictures,please.

anything natural or close to it is the way.
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by ImpregnaTor(m): 6:21pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
Our summers and Autumns are hot, but you guys might just find them to be just warm and not hot.

What's the highest temperatures there?
It depends on what part of the country you're, I'm not really sure of the highest temperature but where I am in the South, temperature can range From 26-33 degrees all year round; not much seasonal variation, just rains and less rain.
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Dshocker(m): 6:59pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
This up coming weekend is gonna be a long weekend and I honestly wasn't planning on going home because I just need a break from my family. But I received a call yesterday that a relative is getting married this up coming weekend and that one of the bridesmaids just told them that she couldn't make it and they need someone to replace her ASAP, so they chose me.

They said I could buy any kind of a dress as long as it's the same colour as the bridesmaids dresses... The bride has already gotten a stylist that's gonna do the bridesmaids hair and makeup and I'm told that all bridesmaids will be made to wear lace wigs.. I don't like wigs, especially lace wigs whereby I'm gonna have my forehead glued.. the longest I've worn a wig I think it was for 5 or 6 hours, and it was very hot... I removed it even before I got home.. grin grin grin

I've never owned a wig before and I don't think I'll ever do, but I don't know, maybe things may change in the future.. I only do braids and style my natural hair.

So I want to know from ladies who most of the time wear wigs, especially lace wigs... How do you cope in them? Especially in this blazing hot African weather?

What is your Instagram handle?
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Thomasankara(m): 7:07pm On May 09, 2023
[/color]if u are the one at ur monika,then you don't wear natural hair[color=#770077]
Samantha124:

Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Thomasankara(m): 7:08pm On May 09, 2023
[quote author l[/color][/quote][/color]if u can do braids,then you can wear wigs[color=#770077]
Samantha124:

Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Thomasankara(m): 7:16pm On May 09, 2023
[/color] honestly and they dare not put water on the head,African ladies too dey suffer demselves[color=#770077]
StaffofOrayan:
There is no way it isn't affecting their mental health!

1 Like

Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Thomasankara(m): 7:21pm On May 09, 2023
[/color]make ur decision independently, naturally, most women hardly tell the truth to dissuade populism ideology. Instead they will find reasons to justify ideas that they know are not truth, while they do different thing in their closets[color=#770077]
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Unrated900(m): 7:51pm On May 09, 2023
Seductress4:
I can't cope any more oh. I tint my hair last week and I have been rocking it with better breeze touching my skull. grin

Eรฑnnn check my siggy for my dm
Dont shake
Solar@autos world
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Adesuwag(m): 7:55pm On May 09, 2023
Kholiwe:

Shut up that useless thing you call a mouth. What do you know about being a woman and why do you think women gives a feck about your useless opinion on how they should dress and style themselves.
your only asset is your style, makeup and wigs. Continue accumulating more. You need it cheesy
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Simpubozz(m): 7:59pm On May 09, 2023
Mhen those girls are trying. Thereโ€™s one I encounter last week, as soon as she off the wig, the odour almost made me vomit ๐Ÿคฎ

1 Like

Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Modifire(m): 8:06pm On May 09, 2023
[D

So I want to know from ladies who most of the time wear wigs, especially lace wigs... How do you cope in them? Especially in this blazing hot African weather?[/quote]

Most of this women wearing wig have diseases ingested scalps, HIv,heros,ebola,cancer,SARS not to mention but few of the deadly diseases on their heads. My advice to any responsible man is: AVOID WOMEN WEARING WIG LIKE CANCER
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Dagger111(m): 8:56pm On May 09, 2023
Seductress4:
I can't cope any more oh. I tint my hair last week and I have been rocking it with better breeze touching my skull. grin

Lolz! I like your sincerity. How i wish i can know you better @ Seductress4
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 09, 2023
I don't like the idea of doing braids and then wearing a wig, my head needs to breathe.
Thomasankara:
[/color]if u can do braids,then you can wear wigs[color=#770077]
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 09, 2023
I also do braids.
Thomasankara:
[/color]if u are the one at ur monika,then you don't wear natural hair[color=#770077]
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 09, 2023
I don't have any.
Dshocker:

What is your Instagram handle?
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Wuminity(f): 9:51pm On May 09, 2023
Horus:
I hate wigs. One journalist discovered that most of the human hairs used to make wigs came from corpses of dead people.
When you buy wigs, there is no possibility of determining the source of the hair because the labelling on the packaging is misleading.
You wear wigs made with hairs coming from dead bodies and you don't even know it

Me that I want to learn how to wear wig now..... You have scare me away. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 09, 2023
33 degrees its too hot for me.

But I love your monicker..๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
ImpregnaTor:
It depends on what part of the country you're, I'm not really sure of the highest temperature but where I am in the South, temperature can range From 26-33 degrees all year round; not much seasonal variation, just rains and less rain.
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Dshocker(m): 10:04pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't have any.

Shey you dey whine me ni?

Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by OyinKris(f): 10:29pm On May 09, 2023
[b][/b]I'm a wig lover and i can wear for so many hours that I'm outside but once I get to the gate of my house fiam I remove ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 09, 2023
Meaning?
Dshocker:

Shey you dey whine me ni?
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Thomasankara(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2023
[/color]ever consider going bald[color=#770077]๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Samantha124:
I also do braids.
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 09, 2023
Yes, I have.
Thomasankara:
[/color]ever consider going bald[color=#770077]๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Dshocker(m): 4:05am On May 10, 2023
Samantha124:
Meaning?

Na pidgin English slang i drop for you so, if you no understand, ask person to interpret am for you.
Re: Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? by Thomasankara(m): 5:36am On May 10, 2023
[/color]is that really you @ Monika[color=#770077]
Samantha124:
Yes, I have.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Girls And Cycling Shorts. / Mary Omoye Omobhude Is World Miss University Nigeria 2013 / Honey: The Beauty Savior [ladies Only]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.