Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:21 AM

Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) (2815 Views)

What Kind Of Bank Charge Is This? / About 99.4% Of Bank Accounts Contain Less Than N500,000 - NDIC / Obinna Ukwuani Appointed Chief Digital Officer Of Bank Of Kigali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Obaaderemi2: 10:43am On Apr 25, 2023
Soccrates:

Go through this thread to view achievements of proud Yoruba omoluabis who don't make noise online.https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe
I think you are new here. If you go through that thread you would see that I was a major contributor on it from the first or second page. That's a 2017 thread.

The Yoruba nation is living on past glory. Of course in major industries we still lead thanks to Awolowo's smart moves in the 50s and 60s, and also to the fact that we got exposed to Western education earlier than others. We also should not leave out the great inbred creative ability of the yorubas in the ancient times, we lead in music and entertainment today because it has always been in us from the beginning. The various gods and their worshippers had great chants, drums and songs for worship. Entertainment bloomed out of all this. Even twins had great songs and beats coined for them in those days. So we are not surprised that great music and entertainment come naturally to Yorubas.

But over the years due to blind leadership the Yoruba nation began to decline. It's now common to see a family have many children that they don't cater for in terms of education. A man will have three kids with a woman, abandon her and the kids and next thing he is having kids with another woman later to abandon that one too. This is very common among the poorly educated ones among us. These kids are the ones you see today giving us a bad name. And it would surprise you to know they're in their millions. If you can't send your kid to school then let him learn a trade like the Ibos.

My friend works in a public school in a remote part of Ibadan. The stories I hear from him are sad about the irresponsibility of young parents and their kids. A school of over 1000 kids having only three blocks. And you see the governors beating their chests wasting money putting up grand projects while the future is bleak for millions of school age kids.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Mindlog: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2023
Soccrates:

Sorry you guys hardly go to school that's why ebonyi produced a governor elect nwifuru that doesn't have a degree.

We hardly go to school but na we dey pass JAMB pass!

If Francis Nwifuru no get degree but e sha get WAEC result like President Buhari? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Alexiiydon: 10:51am On Apr 25, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

You see why you people are now dragging last with NE? Very poor education!

Data or polls is never conducted on the entire population, except it is census. What they do is to target a particular percentage across board and extrapolate the figures on the rest of the population to get a full picture.

Make una dey go better school for that side o.
how many schools Dey your south yeast you’re so foolish to talk about schools
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by JasonScoolari: 11:00am On Apr 25, 2023
ljoh:

You're a Deltan but you love the Yorubas?

Is Delta an ethnic group like Yoruba?

You're just a hypocrite
Leave that one...

grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Obaaderemi2: 11:03am On Apr 25, 2023
Mindlog:

While they are selling in a shop, their siblings and children are acing it in academics....go and verify from the Federal Ministry of Education, they have the data! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Which federal ministry of education? You are going too far. At least that one can be influenced somehow.

Check out the NTIC annual maths competition organized by the Turks and see how well ibo kids are doing. I was involved with that examination for about 7 years and the largest number of top 15 winners apart from the Indians from India Language School, Lagos are ibo children. I am saying the yorubas have relaxed too much. We're associating too much with northerners. Dey there dey talk of past glory. We need to sit up. Our governors are not proactive. They're too lazy. And individual families too need to face the welfare and positive exposure of kids!
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Mindlog: 11:27am On Apr 25, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Which federal ministry of education? You are going too far. At least that one can be influenced somehow.

Check out the NTIC annual maths competition organized by the Turks and see how well ibo kids are doing. I was involved with that examination for about 7 years and the largest number of top 15 winners apart from the Indians from India Language School, Lagos are ibo children. I am saying the yorubas have relaxed too much. We're associating too much with northerners. Dey there dey talk of past glory. We need to sit up. Our governors are not proactive. They're too lazy. And individual families too need to face the welfare and positive exposure of kids!

I strongly believe one of the key things missing is positive mentorship as I am a product of one.....I was mentored to achieved what I have in the field of Clinical Child Psychology as back then I was exposed to the possibilities that laid ahead if I opt for Psychology and today, I am living some of those possibilities and I am so passionate about regularly having talks with young ones in secondary school about better directions in life of which education is central.

Even here in the UK, I regularly come across many Nigerian students doing their Masters with clearly no sense of direction, disillusioned by the reality on ground which started with the wrong choice of Masters program when they would likely end with care jobs which can be depressing.
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Obaaderemi2: 11:34am On Apr 25, 2023
Mindlog:

I strongly believe one of the key things missing is positive mentorship as I am a product of one.....I was mentored to achieved what I have in the field of Clinical Child Psychology as back then I was exposed to the possibilities that laid ahead if I opt for Psychology and today, I am living some of those possibilities and I am so passionate about regularly having talks with young ones in secondary school about better directions in life of which education is central.

Even here in the UK, I regularly come across many Nigerian students doing their Masters with clearly no sense of direction, disillusioned by the reality on ground which started with the wrong choice of Masters program when they would likely end with care jobs which can be depressing.

This is where guidance counselors come in in Nigeria but they hardly do anything. They think they are there to just collect salaries. Nobody cares about those kids. Invite successful professionals to speak to the kids from time to time to get them thinking and to have faith in their future but we don't care about such things. Pathetic.
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Gajagojo: 11:49am On Apr 25, 2023
All.this claim based on a survey of under 20000 people?
It is a survey. You cannot make any sweeping statement based on a survey

You see the difference between people who did not to school. OMATAS and those who did is HUGE
If you went to school and you see a headline such as this thread you ask questions such
As.
What is this based on?.
It is a survey. If is not enough to draw any conclusions not enough just like your elections poll that predicted Obi would win
How many people in total were surveyed?
How many each in every state
How were they chosen?
To show the figures we see here does not match the claim the OP is making
The only thing on display is the chronic inferiority of the OP and the need to feel good,opening these stupid threads daily
How can you survey 10000 people and conclude that is how Nigeria is?
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:56pm On Apr 25, 2023
Soccrates:

Will you shut up, which Yoruba nation is caving in.

Yorubas dominate oil and gas,real estate, ICT, insurance, banking, telecoms, legal.

In abroad they are leading.
Even in politics they are the Boss.
The leading ICT companies in Nigeria are control by Igbos, same with banking sectors, real estate how many Yoruba man own estate outside Southwest Oil and Gas Igbos are leading indigenous companies from Seplat, Northwest oil, Raineoil, Nestoil, Tecnoil, Oranto oil and Gas, Aiteo group, Pinnacle oil and Gas, Brittiania U, Ibeto oil and Gas, AZ oil and gas, Dozy oil and gas these are major players in Upstream and downstream sector

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
Gajagojo:
All.this claim based on a survey of under 20000 people?
It is a survey. You cannot make any sweeping statement based on a survey

You see the difference between people who did not to school. OMATAS and those who did is HUGE
If you went to school and you see a headline such as this thread you ask questions such
As.
What is this based on?.
It is a survey. If is not enough to draw any conclusions not enough just like your elections poll that predicted Obi would win
How many people in total were surveyed?
How many each in every state
How were they chosen?
To show the figures we see here does not match the claim the OP is making
The only thing on display is the chronic inferiority of the OP and the need to feel good,opening these stupid threads daily
How can you survey 10000 people and conclude that is how Nigeria is?
Otondo it was conducted by NBS and other international agencies

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Gajagojo: 1:02pm On Apr 25, 2023
post=122738259:

Otondo it was conducted by NBS and other international agencies
Is it possible for Ibos to have polite conversation
The question is how many people were surveyed not who conducted it.
Did they anywhere in their results make a statement like the title of this thread.

No matter who conducts it
A survey is a survey. A tiny sample of 50000
It cannot be used to draw conclusion about 200 million people

The methodology of the survey is interview self report i.e what the respondent says is treated as true without further verification. People may answer untruthfully or otherwise based on their education level and misperceptions about what they believe the information will be used for
It is not enough for you to come up with the title of this thread. There is nothing in the report to justify that

1 Like

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Nigerfine3: 3:37pm On Apr 25, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
Also notice that SS is always competing with SE in any good statistics, from education, sports, commerce, industry etc.

But the loud mouths on the other side will keep deceiving themselves.
This is correct, see edo dusting the yorubas in all the stats about banking. These were good stats to read

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Nigerfine3: 3:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
MXrep:

They have become like northerners, their real shyt is now Tinubu becoming president even to their own detriment
Go and check WAEC data, even middle belt are contesting with yorubas whereas SE and SS have taken over
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Gajagojo: 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2023
Nigerfine3:

This is correct, see edo dusting the yorubas in all the stats about banking. These were good stats to read
Good to read?
Did you comprehend them?
How many people were actually involved in the study?

Often people read do not comprehend and pretend they have received enlightenment

It is 100% clear you did not comprehend the stats or what they are based on.

It is based on interviews of less than 50000people and the answers that they gave to a structured questionnaire

Here you are talking about dusting

An illiterate knows he cannot read and does not pretend

A semi illiterate is worse he cannot comprehend what he reads but must pretend to understand
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Gajagojo: 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
post=122738227:

The leading ICT companies in Nigeria are control by Igbos, same with banking sectors, real estate how many Yoruba man own estate outside Southwest Oil and Gas Igbos are leading indigenous companies from Seplat, Northwest oil, Raineoil, Nestoil, Tecnoil, Oranto oil and Gas, Aiteo group, Pinnacle oil and Gas, Brittiania U, Ibeto oil and Gas, AZ oil and gas, Dozy oil and gas these are major players in Upstream and downstream sector
This is your own version of realityq,to make yourself feel good

Of course it is nonsense.

Proverbs

26. 4_5
Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes.
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by ariesbull: 11:14pm On Apr 25, 2023
MXrep:

Yorubas are economic illterates

I went to a supermarket today to buy something the Yoruba manager there ..I asked her that I I went to introduce a new product to her ...

Without even asking the type of product ..she said that they aren't accepting new products .I told her that she doesn't need to pay for the product that it is a fast consuming products that mothers buy she said that she isn't buying ..I told her that I am not selling that the product I will supply when they sell they pay me ...she insisted that she isn't buying not even care to know the product

That was when I wrote Yoruba off...in business. They lack business sense

This is what many supermarket are asking for...they want a vendor that will supply them product the they make their profit and Kay later but this Yoruba manager said NO

I cant employ a Yoruba person to manage any business

I have given up on their way of doing business
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by ariesbull: 11:16pm On Apr 25, 2023
MXrep:

Traveling from Onitsha to Akure, nobody will tell you when you cross the boarder between Edo and Ondo. Dilapidated mud houses will welcome you as you approach Owo

You are right ...I tell people to go to Abuja from Lagos on land or in a bus and see the hinterland of Yoruba in all their glory

Maybe I will create a thread here when next I travel
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by ariesbull: 11:17pm On Apr 25, 2023
Soccrates:

There are lots of silent hausa millionaires who don't even keep monies in the bank.

I don't get it ...how do you guys even pass exams

We are talking about bank accounts and functions of group of people you are telling me about silent Hausa billionaires ....

We are taking majority of group that has bank account and you are telling me few Hausa millionaire
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Nigerfine3: 12:02am On Apr 26, 2023
Gajagojo:
Good to read?
Did you comprehend them?
How many people were actually involved in the study?

Often people read do not comprehend and pretend they have received enlightenment

It is 100% clear you did not comprehend the stats or what they are based on.

It is based on interviews of less than 50000people and the answers that they gave to a structured questionnaire

Here you are talking about dusting

An illiterate knows he cannot read and does not pretend

A semi illiterate is worse he cannot comprehend what he reads but must pretend to understand
Do yourself a favor by visiting WAEC and jamb for the last five years , you would realize how the yorubas has taken back seat. The last WAEC had them on 23rd out of 36 starting from Lagos. Wow. The earlier the yorubas start talking about this the earlier they would hold their government responsible instead of claiming there is progress whereas there isn't. DO WE REALISE THAT MANY YORUBA TODAY'S GRADUATES CAN'T DISTINGUISH BETWEEN (has and as, his and is), no joke.
Re: Igbos Leading In financial and Ownership Of Bank Accounts In Nigeria(photos) by Gajagojo: 12:04am On Apr 26, 2023
Nigerfine3:

Do yourself a favor by visiting WAEC and jamb for the last five years , you would realize how the yorubas has taken back seat. The last WAEC had them on 23rd out of 36 starting from Lagos. Wow. The earlier the yorubas start talking about this the earlier they would hold their government responsible instead of claiming there is progress whereas there isn't. DO WE REALISE THAT MANY YORUBA TODAY'S GRADUATES CAN'T DISTINGUISH BETWEEN (has and as, his and is), no joke.
A small mind cannot think big thoughts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HIV Testing Kits And CD4 Count Machine / Your Idea Is Worth More Than Gold: Get The Best Writing Services. / Marquee Tent For Event And Parties For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.