Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,856 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. (41577 Views)

Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others / Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations / Breaking: Multi Choice, Dstv/gotv To Shut Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by ijustdey: 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2023
Nigerian Students, NANS Gives Multi-Choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-As-You-View Billing Or Face Closure Of Offices

The National Association Of Nigerian Students (NANS), has issued a seven-day ultimatum to Multi Choice Digital Satellite Television (DSTV) to immediately implement the "Pay As You View tarrifs system.

NANS in statement issued on Wednesday by South West (Zone D) chapter, warned that if their warning was not adhered to, "we shall be left with no other option than to lock up all offices of DSTV until our demands are meant which is the mind of all Nigerians."

The statement was signed by the Coordinator, Adejuwon Emmanuel Olatunji, Deputy Coordinator, Alao John and Public Relations Officer, Opeoluwa Awoyinfa.

The students’ body said the ultimatum became imperative to put an end to the alleged hardship and extortionist policy of DSTV on Nigeria.

NANS said, “Today we are aware that Multi Choice Digital Satellite Television has increased their tariffs without considering the standard of living of Nigerians. We have also waited for long to see if this same company will dance to the music of Nigerians who has been clamouring for “Pay As You View Tariff” but reverse is the case.

"This is the time to call on National Broadcasting Commission to go back to the commission act to regulate the ownership, activities and operations of Direct Broadcast Satellite Service Providers.

"DSTV is one of the leading direct to home service providers in Nigeria since its inception of operation far back 1995 and has also made a lot of profit with over 25million subscribers which is the largest market for its operations.

"We want the Federal Government to stampede their proposed plan in tariffs increment and also force them to implement the Pay As You View system. Its obvious that users are being placed on a fixed monthly tariff plan unlike what is obtainable outside Nigeria."

NANS stated that despite record had shown that Nigeria constitute over 45 percent of DSTV global market share; yet over 50 percent of users were not enjoying what they were paying for due to series of engagement just to make a living and also due to lack of constant power supply.

"We are aware that DSTV operates a system of PAY AS YOU GO tariffs in other countries but chose to be inhumane and has hatred for Nigerians. As the Leadership of National Association of Nigerian Students in Southwest; we see this to be unfair and sardonic and also an act to keeps exploiting Nigerians."

The students’ body however, called on the Nigerian government to immediately commence enactment of a law to compel Multi Choice and others to introduce "Pay As You View billing system" which according to them will do good to Nigerians who are already fed up of the current economy hardship.

"We hereby give 7days ultimatum to Multi Choice Digital Satellite Television (DSTV) to reverse their plan of increasing their tariffs and also yield to the call of Nigerians and also implementing pay as you view tarrifs or else we shall be left with no other option than to lock up all offices of DSTV until our demands are meant which is the mind of all Nigerians."

https://saharareporters.com/2023/04/26/nigerian-students-nans-gives-multi-choice-company-seven-days-begin-pay-you-view-billing

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7666235/multichoice-increases-subscription-rates-dstv

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Jackossky(m): 1:27pm On Apr 26, 2023
What has our senate been doing?

There is this school of thought that believes that when FDIs grow to a certain extent, they behave with impunity and influence state actors in that locality

121 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Temidayo9(m): 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2023
This people mumu no be here. Time without number they have raised this issue of pay per view any time there is upward price review, nothing like pay per view in cable subscription. Only exclusive channel payment is available which is even more expensive. Besides what concerns students with watching cable TV, they should protest for not having light and water in there various campuses.

201 Likes 15 Shares

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by exotique1fy(f): 1:41pm On Apr 26, 2023
Toothless dogs! angry angry angry

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Temidayo9(m): 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2023
Jackossky:
What has our senate been doing?

There is this school of thought that believes that when FDIs grow to a certain extent, they behave with impunity and influence state actors in that locality
Is it because its foreign business in Nigeria? Your fuel station deliberately refused to sell at normal approved price you never called senate, but because of DSTV and GOtv you now remember senate?

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by nairalanda1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2023
cheesy

NANS should consider that

1.Multichoice has thousands of Nigerians working for them directly and indirectly, and they all want to be PAID WELL

2.The people worldwide who make the TV programees and bring you the stuff you want to watch also want to be PAID WELL.

3.The equipment used to bring you those DSTV shows, were made by people who want to be PAD WELL

4.The Premier league is made up of football players and so forth who want to be PAID WELL

5.Health and other insurance costs a lot of money for workers who want to be PAID WELL.

6. No one in Nigeria has done pay as you go. No country in the world where DSTV is has pay as you go. Because it cannot work for a system where workers want to be PAID WELL.

7. Did TSTV's pay as you go work.? No, because ....PAID WELL.

NANS should realize that when prices go up, it is because a lot of people, not just the rich and mightly...but a lot of poor people who work and pay bills and so forth...want to be.....PAID WELL.

Maybe NANS should set up their cheap version of DSTV and bid for programme rights....or tell their members to patronize STARTIMES. STARTIMES last i checked is VERY VERY CHEAP.

Modifed

There is no such thing as pay as you go for DSTV in other african countries. As stated here in this 2015 article

Pay-As-You-Watch, most pay-TV subscribers are convinced, will free them from monthly contracts and introduce greater flexibility in how they watch television. More than that, many are convinced that the model is already in operation in South Africa and want its adoption in Nigeria.There is no such thing as pay-as-you-watch TV in South Africa. What exists is the monthly contract model like we have in Nigeria and other countries of the world.Pay-as-you-watch is often confused with pay-per-view (PPV). Are they the same? No.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Asabe4(f): 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2023
Funny lots

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by FalseProphet1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2023
Noise makers.

This I have seen.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Yugoslavia247(m): 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2023
This NANS should just work with Sahara reporters. They are better reporting than reacting.

13 Likes

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by LibertyRep: 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2023
Does the members of NANS have the power to lock up the premises of DSTV or any other company to start with?

The issue is simply that of the regulatory agencies who choose to look the other way while companies allegedly take advantage of Nigerians.

This was how they worked against per second billing until Globacom broke the monopoly.

Nigeria is a big market for God's sake, why will companies, especially foreign owned, enjoy taking us for a ride?

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by sonature1: 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2023
This is what you get when you have unfocused people fronting as the leaders of NANS.

What business do students have with how a private company fixes its fees and charges?

If anyone should be threatening brimstone and fire, it should be NLC. Nigeria doesn't even have a price regulatory agency to start with.

MultiChoice should pick them up if they come anywhere near their facilities. They should go and read their books. That's why they are in school.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by mariahAngel(f): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2023
Why will they quickly comply, when they've not had enough of the exploitation? undecided

MTN on their own really milked Nigerians dry.

5 Likes

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Risingblue008(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2023
That's a good move,
I can't wait to see dis happen,
Dstv/gotv do chop us dry,
Sue to my business,
I subscribe 3 dstv ,and it's a kind of heavy burden,
I pray it happens ooo,
I've never befinted anything as a citizen of Nigerian

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Hambivert: 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2023
I think I have been living in denial for quite some time now, but today I've come to the realisation that NANS is dead!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by iCauseTrouble: 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2023

1 Like

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by sofeo(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2023
Funny Dramas everywhere in the country.
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Robertgreene1(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2023
Make them leave my multichoice for me abeg...since Naija investors no wan invest for cable TV
Every big investor in Naija is running into oil like say oil no go ever finish one day..
See dangote and him refinery wey the construction no dey ever finish...
Make SA investors dey rip us off na...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Naija4love(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2023
grin everyone just dey give order in this country, make i think of my own order 🤔 for this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Generalwoodz(m): 1:57pm On Apr 26, 2023
Same old threats since the early 2000s yet multi choice wouldn't bulge. They keep milking the country yearly

Just dey play. NANS just dey play

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 1:57pm On Apr 26, 2023
Good! It’s high time those useless people get taught a lesson. The useless Reps have failed to call Multichoice to order with the way they keep milking Nigerians of their hard earned money and that’s because they’ve been bribed to shut their mouths. I even heard most of them have shares with Multichoice and that’s why they don’t care as long as money keeps coming to their Accounts. Normally, a country should have more companies like Multichoice who will provide proper competition to them in the market but the useless people have decided to make Only Multichoice have ultimate Power in Nigeria. That’s why we don’t have other Cable TV companies who will be showing top leagues live matches like DSTV do. Even the TSTV we had hopes on to tackle Multichoice, they’ve been rendered powerless and useless already.

Imagine paying insane amounts for Gotv and DSTV which one wouldn’t even have time to enjoy because of work and the few hours to watch on weekends and after work on weekdays sef, PHCN will still take off Power too. Then after a month, these clowns will suspend the subscription. And I heard this Pay Per View option is available in South Africa their Base and some other African countries ooo. But they don’t wanna provide it here in Nigeria. Bunch of thieves…

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Judolisco(m): 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2023
Useless Union like Labour Congress

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by inoki247: 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2023
Lol Which NaNs almost all Nigeria Student don join TikTok so I no think student too get time for TV again...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2023
Are you a staff of multichoice?
Temidayo9:
This people mumu no be here. Time without number they have raised this issue of pay per view any time there is upward price review, nothing like pay per view in cable subscription. Only exclusive channel payment is available which is even more expensive. Besides what concerns students with watching cable TV, they should protest for not having light and water in there various campuses.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Reelmii: 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2023
Na so
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2023
Temidayo9:
who is this weyray, if you don't know what to say, keep your mouth shut. If they want to get things right for once, people like you will keep discouraging it

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2023
Normal empty threats as usual
Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2023
Enough is enough, this is a good development.

5 Likes

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by superCleanworks(m): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2023
DSTV will continue to increase prices like this with full confidence, every year because they know they have SETTLED oga dem.
Cable TV birthright in Nigeria has been sold to DSTV long time ago.

schools just wake up and increase their fees as they like and NANS has not done shishi about any of them. How many VC office dis they lock? Na to lock DSTV office? I hear.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by iamoyindamola(m): 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2023
I hope they obey

1 Like

Re: NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. by Reality3080: 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2023
Like seriously this is the best way to go, increase your tariff n then start pay per view

How do u increase your tariff n I sub for one month then I had to travel urgently after 2 days then d sub is gone when I am back

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mercy, Tacha, Mike, Seyi, Ike: 2019 BBNaija 5 Most Searched Housemates On Google / BBNaija And Its Mysterious Selection Process / "It Was A Sad Moment For Me" - Erica Writes About Her Disqualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.