Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today (5660 Views)

Arsenal Women FC Beat Chelsea Women FC To Win 6th Conti Cup / HUDDERSFIELD VS LIVERPOOL FC@8:45PM TODAY / Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by naptu2: 2:28am On Apr 27, 2023
Watch live here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suiRCBzlS1k

Chelsea and Barcelona meet in their UEFA Women's Champions League semi-final second leg on Thursday 27 April at the Camp Nou.

Barcelona take a 1-0 lead to the Camp Nou thanks to Caroline Graham Hansen's superb fourth-minute goal at Stamford Bridge on Saturday. Chelsea recovered quickly to ensure no repeat of their 4-0 defeat by Barcelona in the 2021 final, when all the goals came well before half-time. Even so, the dominant visitors could have added to their advantage in London and there was relief from Emma Hayes' side that the tie remains alive going into this return.

Another massive crowd is expected at the Camp Nou, where a record 91,648 watched last season's semi-final between Barcelona and Wolfsburg. And since the Blaugrana have scored 24 goals in their five previous European matches at the stadium over the last couple of seasons, Chelsea are under no illusions as to the scale of their task.

Pernille Harder's comeback on Saturday after five months out gives them hope, while Barcelona could have Asisat Oshoala available to start after the Nigeria forward was only fit enough for a substitute's role, Geyse leading the line in London. There is even the possibility that Alexia Putellas might make her first appearance of the season following her ACL injury in July, having played a full part in Wednesday training. Lucy Bronze has been ruled out after keyhole surgery on a knee problem.

Chelsea were missing injured centre-backs Millie Bright and Kadeisha Buchanan in the first leg and although the Canadian might have been available on Thursday, manager Emma Hayes was pessimistic. Lauren James was left out of the starting line-up for tactical reasons at Stamford Bridge, and only came on at half-time when Chelsea switched away from their original 3-4-1-2 formation, Jelena Čanković supporting Sam Kerr and Guro Reiten up front.

Form guide

Barcelona

Last six games (most recent result first): WWWWWW
Last match: Chelsea 0-1 Barcelona, 22/04 (UEFA Women's Champions League semi-final first leg)
Where they stand: 1st in Spanish Liga

Chelsea

Last six games (most recent result first): LWWLLW
Last match: Chelsea 0-1 Barcelona, 22/04 (UEFA Women's Champions League semi-final first leg)
Where they stand: 3rd in Women's Super League, FA Cup final

Possible line-ups

Barcelona: Paños; Torrejón, Paredes, León, Rolfö; Bonmatí, Walsh, Guijarro; Graham Hansen, Oshoala, Paralluelo

Chelsea: Berger; Périsset, Mjelde, Eriksson, Carter; Cuthbert, Leupolz, Charles; James, Kerr, Reiten

View from the camps

Jonatan Giráldez, Barcelona coach: "If people think that we've already qualified, it's understandable, but as a coach I've made no mention of Sunday [the chance to clinch the Spanish title against Sporting de Huelva] or the [Women's Champions League] final. I show the players what to improve. We must forget the first leg and go out to win.

"[Bronze] has a strain, an ailment. It’s a tiny intervention, just a couple of weeks ... Alexia Putellas has a chance to make the squad, but there is still [Wednesday] training and we have to assess very carefully what to do so that when she returns, she returns well. We will not take any risk with Alexia. The priority is to qualify for the final. As a coach I will not take any risk if she is not 100%."

Aitana Bonmatí, Barcelona midfielder: "It would be great to reach our fourth Champions League final in front of our own fans at Camp Nou. But we can't get ahead of ourselves. We have a small advantage, but we are going out to win, regardless.

"We are waiting impatiently for Alexia's return, but everyone knows how important the game is to be able to reach our fourth final."

Emna Hayes, Chelsea manager: "This what we work for, we work to be in these positions. We know it's going to be a quick pitch, a big pitch, We know they are going to dominate the ball. For us, we know the areas we have to improve on to get opportunities, and I think we have players capable of doing that.

"But you have to suffer, and you suffer more against Barcelona than against anybody else. For us as a team, I think we showed in the previous game we can defend, and we are going to have to do it at an even higher level."

Magdalena Erilksson, Chelsea defender: "I went to Camp Nou when I was 13, in fact I saw Barcelona against Chelsea. It will be nice, but in terms of the game I have to treat it as any other match.

"Oshoala or Geyse? They are two great players with two different styles. It will be difficult no matter who plays."

https://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsleague/news/0280-17d90ffd6d16-cae1cab29ede-1000--barcelona-vs-chelsea-women-s-champions-league-preview-where-/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by naptu2: 2:28am On Apr 27, 2023
1) Tickets sold by Barcelona as at yesterday afternoon (some Barca fans are complaining that the club has not provided all the necessary information to make it easy for them to buy tickets online. They say that more tickets would have been sold if the club provided the information).

2) Tickets sold by Arsenal as at yesterday afternoon.

3) Barcelona squad for the match.

4) A picture of the Barcelona squad at Camp Nou after yesterday's training session.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by naptu2: 2:28am On Apr 27, 2023
Chelsea travelling to Barcelona.

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by naptu2: 4:22am On Apr 27, 2023
grin An English person asked whether the Chelsea players were scared to mark CGH. How do you mark CGH? Do you think that it's easy? Watch this video (the post is from 2021).

naptu2:
Caroline Graham Hansen.

This deadly Norwegian has previously played in the Champions League final twice, in 2016 and 2018 when she played for Wolfsburg. They lost to Lyon on both occasions. Graham is a very fast, skilful and deadly winger or flanker who has added bite to Barca's attack since she was signed in 2019. She has the ability to make the ball stick to her feet like glue, race into the box and either deliver a pinpoint cross or score a spectacular goal, like this one below.

Graham and Messi score identical goals for Barcelona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fejud9uo6I

While Graham is on the right, the 2017 FIFA World Player of the Year and UEFA European Player of the Year, Lieke Martens is usually on the left. Although in recent times she has not got as much playing time as her fans would want and she has sometimes been played out of position, but nobody can deny the fact that Lieke is a powerful and deadly weapon when she's on the pitch. Her ability to deliver the killer pass, for example the pass that led to Asisat Oshoala's goal in the 2019 Champions League Final, and her ability to turn up for the big games are a huge asset for Barca. She scored the two goals against PSG (in the second leg of the semi-final) that brought Barca here.

Watch the combination between Graham on the right and Lieke on the left that led to the second goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGs6mEmEFwo

Jennifer Hermoso is Barcelona Femeni's highest goal scorer ever. She played for Barca from 2014 till 2017, went to PSG and then Atletico Madrid and returned to Barca in 2019.

She can play as an attacking midfielder or as a false 9. She was the highest goal scorer in the Primera Ibredrola in the 2019/2020 season with 23 goals and she is the second highest goal scorer in the league so far this season. Here are some of her goals and assists from the 2019/2020 season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skaah5dDciE

Asisat Oshoala was Barcelona's highest goal scorer in all competitions in the 2019/2020 season. She comes packed with power, pace and an incredible level of athleticism that makes it almost impossible to mark her. Even when she's not scoring, she is constantly putting defenders under pressure, which paves the way for Jenni, Lieke or Graham to score. Will she be fit enough to play in this match? Only time will tell.
Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Jestin: 7:40am On Apr 27, 2023
Time to follow the women side by side since the men have refuse to behave like men 😂

15 Likes

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Streetmovement(m): 7:41am On Apr 27, 2023
Wotoporiously cool Speaking

Chelsea women for life cool

1 Like

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Larrysung(m): 7:41am On Apr 27, 2023
Barça lost last night. It's fine actually, but I'm on a 100 in for my FemBarça for a revenge. I'm trusting on Vicky López, Asisat Oshoola, Bruna, Gueye and Mariona to be on their best! 🤤🤤🤤

Another Beautiful Morning/Day to Drag @folake4u 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

God of football, hand dem over for tonight's banter 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by bigdammyj: 7:44am On Apr 27, 2023
Noted.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by SMARTMOTORS(m): 7:45am On Apr 27, 2023
Both Men and Women dey collect!....e good as them name Kai Kai drink after them!

4 Likes

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Peruzzie: 7:46am On Apr 27, 2023
I no dey watch jare
Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by MackIV(m): 7:48am On Apr 27, 2023
grin
Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by bluegrass07: 7:49am On Apr 27, 2023
Chelsea men collect yesterday, Chelsea women to collect today.

A Chelsea fan? You've got my sympathies.

5 Likes

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Legitisreal: 7:52am On Apr 27, 2023
James fine sha and she Sabi ball

Good to see her with my girl kerr

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Haveyoueatentod: 7:56am On Apr 27, 2023
Knack am over 2.5 goals thank me later
Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Zonefree(m): 7:58am On Apr 27, 2023
Please you guys should always remember to put us (Chelsea fans) in your prayers. We're going through alot these days. cry

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Aiel123: 7:58am On Apr 27, 2023
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously cool Speaking

Chelsea women for life cool
Barcelona femeni got this.
The blues Queen should focus on the premiership.
The culers ain't going to bolt this one in magical Camp Nou.
Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Zonefree(m): 8:00am On Apr 27, 2023
Please you guys should always remember to put us (Chelsea fans) in your prayers. We're going through alot these days. cry

Todd Boehly is after our lives cry

5 Likes

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Streetmovement(m): 8:01am On Apr 27, 2023
Aiel123:

Barcelona femeni got this.
The blues Queen should focus on the premiership.
The culers ain't going to bolt this one in magical Camp Nou.

Wotoporiously cool speaking

I love em regardless cool
Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Bahamas95(m): 8:01am On Apr 27, 2023
I love women's football.

3 Likes

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Aiel123: 8:04am On Apr 27, 2023
Streetmovement:

I love em regardless cool
Good one.
And thanks to the blues for knocking out Lyon..they have a thing for beating Barcelona femeni.
Love Barcelona dearly.

3 Likes

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by cjudy(m): 8:04am On Apr 27, 2023
grin
Anything about Chelsea is Laughable. Even their Under 18 lost to Fulham yesterday.

Dead club with Noisy fans

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Streetmovement(m): 8:06am On Apr 27, 2023
Aiel123:

Good one.
And thanks to the blues for knocking out Lyon..they have a thing for beating Barcelona femeni.
Love Barcelona dearly.

But it ain't over until it's over

Are you a Barcelona fan?
Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Harrynight(m): 8:10am On Apr 27, 2023
These Barca ladies are rampantly aggressively

I wish my darling Chelsea ladies a win here

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Aiel123: 8:11am On Apr 27, 2023
Streetmovement:

But it ain't over until it's over

Are you a Barcelona fan?
Life and blood.
Till I bid the earth farewell, I remain Barca fan.
Came to love the club since I was born.

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by ravensckar(m): 8:11am On Apr 27, 2023
The first leg was a disaster! Chelsea Ladies parked the bus and were afraid to come out and play. Let's hope they improve in today's match.

Meanwhile, ever since that fat Toad bought Chelsea, it has been from one calamity to another.

#Todd_Out

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Streetmovement(m): 8:14am On Apr 27, 2023
Aiel123:

Life and blood.
Till I bid the earth farewell, I remain Barca fan.
Came to love the club since I was born.

Same energy bro and a Chelsea fan from birth cool

1 Like

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Aiel123: 8:21am On Apr 27, 2023
Streetmovement:

Same energy bro and a Chelsea fan from birth cool
Correct.
Na only una women dey give una joy this season. The men have performed too poor.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Streetmovement(m): 8:24am On Apr 27, 2023
Aiel123:

Correct.
Na only una women dey give una joy this season. The men have performed too poor.

Those men dey jonze, to kill Dem de hungry me grin

1 Like

Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by naptu2: 8:29am On Apr 27, 2023
Highlights of the first leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoDYMeVKgUs
Re: Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today by Muffassa: 8:32am On Apr 27, 2023
ravensckar:
The first leg was a disaster! Chelsea Ladies parked the bus and were afraid to come out and play. Let's hope they improve in today's match.

Meanwhile, ever since that fat Toad bought Chelsea, it has been from one calamity to another.

#Todd_Out
That man badluck nar follow come this is not the Chelsea I've always known

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Cup 2010: Japan Vs Cameroun [1 - 0] On Monday June 14th 2010 / Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) / Cute Pics Of Cesc Fabregas Kissing Pregnant Girlfriend Daniella Semaan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.